[SPOILER] What to expect of the Earth?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Konig
Not-So-Newbie

[SPOILER] What to expect of the Earth?

Post by Konig » Sun May 01, 2016 11:52 pm

First of all, I'm sorry if the title isn't very clear, but I tried to avoid giving spoilers as much as I could.

Knowing that U6 Earth is back to life, do you guys think It'll be an important part of the plot, or was it restore simply to denote the relation between Beerus and Champa? Furthermore, how different is this Earth compared to its U7 counterpart in terms of lore and characters?

I have to admit I'm excited about this "new" planet (as well as Sadla) and even thought about some scenarios: an obvious one, where everything is different from U7 Earth; and another, where Goku's absence would actually be relevant to the lore. In this case, one of the possibilities is that Pilaf had his wish granted, becoming the ruler of the planet. Since his wish was to be emperor, not necessarily a loved one, people became unsatisfied with his empire, resulting in the war that destroyed the planet. But hey, I'm might tripping about this. :lol:

Anyways, what do you people think of U6 Earth's importance and characteristics in the upcoming episodes/arcs?

Sodhi
I Live Here

Re: [SPOILER] What to expect of the Earth?

Post by Sodhi » Mon May 02, 2016 12:01 am

I think uni 6's earth will play a big role in future story arcs. Planet sadla and now uni 6's earth is a big enough tease, that I am sure they will deliver on that in the future.

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Mon May 02, 2016 12:06 am

I said it earlier, Bulma will end up with Yamcha :P

They have an amazing chance to show Earth without Goku here and portray a "what IF" scenario.

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Mon May 02, 2016 12:07 am

No, it was just to give a win to both teams and have a nice ending to the arc, we'll probably never see or hear about U6 Earth ever again.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon May 02, 2016 12:10 am

Makai wrote:No, it was just to give a win to both teams and have a nice ending to the arc, we'll probably never see or hear about U6 Earth ever again.
This is exactly what I bet on. It's a feel good moment, and nothing else. There's more of a chance in seeing Sadla, than there is U6 earth, which I don't think either are gonna be shown off.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Mon May 02, 2016 12:12 am

dbzfan7 wrote: This is exactly what I bet on. It's a feel good moment, and nothing else. There's more of a chance in seeing Sadla, than there is U6 earth, which I don't think either are gonna be shown off.
?? Sadla will definitely be shown. It's strongly hinted at. Not only has Vegeta expressed his desire to visit it, and Cabba is already calling him master, but Cabba mentioned that the King/Prince of the planet is like Vegeta a "proud and strong man".

It makes no sense to go into this much detail about a place that will never be visited.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon May 02, 2016 12:16 am

DragonHermit wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote: This is exactly what I bet on. It's a feel good moment, and nothing else. There's more of a chance in seeing Sadla, than there is U6 earth, which I don't think either are gonna be shown off.
?? Sadla will definitely be shown. It's strongly hinted at. Not only has Vegeta expressed his desire to visit it, and Cabba is already calling him master, but Cabba mentioned that the King/Prince of the planet is like Vegeta a "proud and strong man".

It makes no sense to go into this much detail about a place that will never be visited.
Doesn't matter. It's my bet that we don't see it. I think U6 may even be gone til the next tournament, and that's when we get our big reunion with Universe 6. That's my bet. Unless of course my opinion offends you for some reason.

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Mon May 02, 2016 12:19 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
DragonHermit wrote:

Doesn't matter. It's my bet that we don't see it. I think U6 may even be gone til the next tournament, and that's when we get our big reunion with Universe 6. That's my bet. Unless of course my opinion offends you for some reason.
There's a good chance there won't be much exploring of U6, but generally things that have been hinted at have been followed through with Super. For example, Gohan's training. Many said his line that I have to get stronger meant nothing, and just a couple of eps later he went back into training with Piccolo.

You can have whatever opinion you want, but I personally think a Sadla visit will happen even if its only for 1 episode.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon May 02, 2016 12:25 am

DragonHermit wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Doesn't matter. It's my bet that we don't see it. I think U6 may even be gone til the next tournament, and that's when we get our big reunion with Universe 6. That's my bet. Unless of course my opinion offends you for some reason.
There's a good chance there won't be much exploring of U6, but generally things that have been hinted at have been followed through with Super. For example, Gohan's training. Many said his line that I have to get stronger meant nothing, and just a couple of eps later he went back into training with Piccolo.

You can have whatever opinion you want, but I personally think a Sadla visit will happen even if its only for 1 episode.
Gohan hasn't done a thing since then. Him doing a bit with Piccolo means nothing. RESULTS are what matter. The manga doesn't mention such a thing which potentially hurts it's possibility further. Gohan had a huge build up in the Boo arc, and the result lead to jack shit. Came back to immediately be tossed away. This is nothing new. You can count in single digit numbers the pages until how long Gohan's time is over.

Fair enough. I don't think it's happening. I think Goku and Vegeta's training/progression takes center stage. I see Cabba being gone til the next tourney, then surprising Vegeta with SSJB. I don't rule out Sadla or U6 earth as if there's anything Super has shown, is that anything can happen. I just doubt either will be shown.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 02, 2016 1:00 am

As much as I'd like to see Uni 6 Earth and Sadla (especially Sadla) I feel like we won't see either of them. All the tournament did was hint at things without bothering to follow through. Vegeta's priorities seemed to completely switch after Gokû surpassed him again; Vegeta looked like he completely lost interest in Cabba and Planet Sadla now that he has ssjb+kaio-ken Gokû. He doesn't need a pupil when he has a rival who's just become stronger than himself.

There was so much tease and nothing to show for it all I can do is hope that maybe they'll revisit the Sadla plot-line, but I feel like they won't.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Mon May 02, 2016 5:00 am

I don't see how they would find a way to be in U6 Earth. Goku & Co. doesn't even know that it exists. Bills lied to them about the wish with the super dragon balls.

I agree with this:
Makai wrote:No, it was just to give a win to both teams and have a nice ending to the arc, we'll probably never see or hear about U6 Earth ever again.

TheDBZmaster100
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDBZmaster100 » Mon May 02, 2016 12:24 pm

It was a plot device & I doubt it will be relevant again in the future.
Rather we move on tbh

DbzRyan24

Post by DbzRyan24 » Mon May 02, 2016 1:15 pm

I think it could be used as part of a future plot. Didn't vados say that it had a 'similar' culture to that of universe 7s? It would be interesting to see what is actually similar and what is not.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Mon May 02, 2016 1:49 pm

TheDBZmaster100 wrote:It was a plot device & I doubt it will be relevant again in the future.
Rather we move on tbh
do you have any idea what is a "plot device"?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 02, 2016 1:55 pm

Araki wrote:
TheDBZmaster100 wrote:It was a plot device & I doubt it will be relevant again in the future.
Rather we move on tbh
do you have any idea what is a "plot device"?
I think there's a much better way to respond here. I'll do my best.

A "plot device" is (not always, but) generally something described in a pejorative way... something that's introduced for seemingly no reason and is used to get things rolling. It's similar to a deus ex machina. The Dragon Balls themselves are a plot device to get people alive again, for example.

So when you (TheDBZmaster100) say that Universe 6's Earth is just a "plot device"... well, as it stands, no. It's not. It hasn't resulted in anything. It doesn't affect anything in any meaningful way. ANYTHING could have been Beerus' wish, but that's what it was. So far, it's inconsequential. It's literally what you're describing (something that will not be "relevant again in the future"), but you're using the wrong phrase ("plot device") to describe it.

However, were the revival of Universe 6's Earth to lead to a major development... it could then be described as a "plot device" (well, more appropriately, the Super Dragon Balls were the plot device that led to its revival). At THAT point, though, it's no longer insignificant.

Does that make sense? A plot device generally isn't something that's "no longer relevant", so you're confusing your terminology. Furthermore, we have no idea where this is going, and while it's fine to make predictions and theories, I think it's inappropriate literally the same week as its initial airing to just brush it aside as inconsequential.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Power Metal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Power Metal » Mon May 02, 2016 9:11 pm

DragonHermit wrote:You can have whatever opinion you want, but I personally think a Sadla visit will happen even if its only for 1 episode.
This is kind of what I expected, at least for this part of the series. To be honest, I was kinda thinking that may be what happens in ep45, titled The Amazing Copy Vegeta (or something along those lines). Could be that Cabba is the copy. We already saw he has a similar fighting stance and attacks. He may also be the prince of Salad.
I do far more lurking than actual posting.

https://www.last.fm/user/AlexPowerMetal

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Tue May 03, 2016 12:19 am

Power Metal wrote:
DragonHermit wrote:You can have whatever opinion you want, but I personally think a Sadla visit will happen even if its only for 1 episode.
This is kind of what I expected, at least for this part of the series. To be honest, I was kinda thinking that may be what happens in ep45, titled The Amazing Copy Vegeta (or something along those lines). Could be that Cabba is the copy. We already saw he has a similar fighting stance and attacks. He may also be the prince of Salad.
I hope not that would be very disappointing imo :|
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 03, 2016 1:03 am

It would be cool if Earth in Universe 6 is similar to Earth in real life. It died out over nuclear war and U6 Earth had no superhuman characters like the Earth in Universe 7.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Fri May 06, 2016 6:00 pm

Hmm...Whis ( or Vados, can't remember correctly ) said U6 Earth was destroyed by " a stupid war ", so everything is possible, even the scenario you suggested

But I think U6 war will be something related to a future arc, maybe we'll find out there's a " Frieza " in U6, or an evil sayan - like tribe around the universe, and our guys will face them

manwolf
Not-So-Newbie

Post by manwolf » Fri May 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Maybe in the all universe tournament we see one character of this new earth, based on that these earth is similar of the U7 earth we have two possibilities, an android, main earth have androids so its make sense that U6 earth have androids or some freakish strong human, the main earth have some culture around fight tournaments so it is possible that in U6 earth have also a tenkaichi budokai, and maybe they have a genius krillin like fighter.

But these theories are only for an eliminatory fight character like king chappa, the series have a lot of characters to begin with another earth with a lot of new characters.