DragonBall VS Ratchet and Clank (Franchises, not characters)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gogeta97
Beyond Newbie

Re: DragonBall VS Ratchet and Clank (Franchises, not charact

Post by gogeta97 » Sat May 07, 2016 3:41 pm

I'm sorry but what exactly is the point of this thread? If you want to know which franchise is more popular that's fine, but maybe you should just do the research yourself? Then again,you seem to already be biased in Ratchet and Clank's favor because whenever someone presents you with evidence claiming DBZ is more popular you keep saying "yeah but this one R&C game is selling a lot!" Again, nothing wrong with wondering, but this is just a strange and random topic.
fadeddreams5 wrote:At this point, that time machine is symbolic to how fans feel about Super. We hope it gets better, but ultimately find ourselves going back in time to a better series.

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:49 pm

gogeta97 wrote:I'm sorry but what exactly is the point of this thread? If you want to know which franchise is more popular that's fine, but maybe you should just do the research yourself? Then again,you seem to already be biased in Ratchet and Clank's favor because whenever someone presents you with evidence claiming DBZ is more popular you keep saying "yeah but this one R&C game is selling a lot!" Again, nothing wrong with wondering, but this is just a strange and random topic.
Nonono! I has said several times that I have no problem with the fact that DBZ is more popular, and I have stated that I like DBZ more! I just said that my research was inconclusive, and I asked the forum for an opinion! I presented the numbers I found because no one was giving me numbers, they were just dismissing me! Some of you have given me concrete numbers and research, and I thank you for that, but some of you just dismiss the topic without showing facts. I was asking which franchise was more popular right now, because my research was inconclusive, and instead of just getting shown numbers, which some of you did after a while, I was just shot down, without anyone saying anything other than "Of course DBZ is more popular", and when I asked for research/links/numbers, they just said that I was being biased. I was just trying to have a fun conversation, but it saddens me that people don`t come together to find the answer, they just mock the topic...

But thank you to everyone who showed numbers, I have my answer! :D

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed May 11, 2016 2:38 pm

SPOILERS for Ratchet and Clank (2016)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu May 12, 2016 2:40 am

Dragon Ball is vastly more popular and that should be obvious.

Ratchet and Clank is a video game franchise first and foremost. Dragon Ball is a comic first, an anime second and then a video game franchise third.

Even then they've probably sold a lot more DBZ games than R&C games.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu May 12, 2016 4:21 am

coola wrote:SPOILERS for Ratchet and Clank (2016)
Is that from the Ocean dub or something? That sounds awesome!

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu May 12, 2016 7:51 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl4ghsv04V0 Yes, it was in Ocean dub, at 0:49 :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Thu May 12, 2016 10:05 am

Just because your "friends" in Norway don't know what DB is but do know about RaC does not make it substantial data to draw your conclusion. However, you are entitled to your opinion. But what you're doing here is like going to a Microsoft forum making a thread about how YOU think The PS4 is better than the XBOX One, or viceversa.

So, he's obviously trolling asking for data and support for an argument. Not my call but I still don't see the point of having this thread around.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

KameRule
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameRule » Thu May 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Like others have said, Dragon Ball is a 30 year old franchise whose cultural influences in both the east and west are prevalent to this day.

I've never played a Ratchet and Clank game, but I can only assume that it's like Spyro in that it's an incredibly overrated series of 3D platformers that people only like because it had good character designs that appealed to the age demographic among whom those people would be counted when they played the games for the first time. Which is 8-12 year-olds. eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

The answer should be kind of obvious.
Master, the batteries inside your Wii Remote are nearly depleted.

Master, there is a 98% chance that the floor is beneath you.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu May 12, 2016 2:32 pm

successoroffate wrote:Just because your "friends" in Norway don't know what DB is but do know about RaC does not make it substantial data to draw your conclusion. However, you are entitled to your opinion. But what you're doing here is like going to a Microsoft forum making a thread about how YOU think The PS4 is better than the XBOX One, or viceversa.

So, he's obviously trolling asking for data and support for an argument. Not my call but I still don't see the point of having this thread around.
Why did you write "friends"? :D
Are you saying he has no friends?

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Thu May 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:
successoroffate wrote:Just because your "friends" in Norway don't know what DB is but do know about RaC does not make it substantial data to draw your conclusion. However, you are entitled to your opinion. But what you're doing here is like going to a Microsoft forum making a thread about how YOU think The PS4 is better than the XBOX One, or viceversa.

Why did you write "friends"? :D
Are you saying he has no friends?
I never said that :twisted:
I can't believe I missed this post and found out about it today. Really cringy seeing everyone feeding him.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.