"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue May 17, 2016 10:57 am

My brain is firing off with random thoughts again - tends to happen when I get overly excited for something, I blame the ADD - and here's a thought: what do you guys think they'll do in terms of a 'theme' for the game? The first game just re-used Flow's version of Head-Cha-La, because pretty much everything new was re-using that at that point. Do you think they'll similarly just nab 'Chouzetsu Dynamic' from Super for this game? Or will we actually get some kind of new song for it?
THEGOKU wrote:I am very curious how they are going to implement DBS. It only makes sense to have it to where it is right now story wise but I can't see them adding any of the new stuff that is going on unless it's most likely through DLC again. Judging by what the teaser sight had on it this game can have a massive number of characters but with dimps at the helm nobody should feel the same as another character.
I'm not quite sure how they'll implement the story of a tournament like we had in the Champa arc into the style of 'you going in and helping other characters', but I'm betting anything it'll be included in the game, as well as a more fleshed out take on the Battle of Gods and especially the Resurrection 'F' stories.

Honestly, I think this is the best time for them to possibly be doing a Xenoverse 2, especially with what was left out in the first game. There's a whole plethora of movies they can work with this time, not to mention early Dragon Ball should they choose to, but there's also a nice, healthy dose of new material via Super to bring in as well. By the time we get a potential 'Xenoverse 3', there's no telling how much further in stories we'll be in Super, thus giving them even more room to expand with by that time. It's all coming together amazingly well.
Last edited by Gyt Kaliba on Tue May 17, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 17, 2016 10:58 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:Please tell Xenoverse 2's graphics didn't start until the Dark Scroll appeared on screen and we saw Bardock die and Trunks crying..
Hopefully Bardock doesn't die and instead of being saved by a wormhole, being saved by Mira... He needs to be playable this time.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:59 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:My brain is firing off with random thoughts again - tends to happen when I get overly excited for something, I blame the ADD - and here's a thought: what do you guys think they'll do in terms of a 'theme' for the game? The first game just re-used Flow's version of Head-Cha-La, because pretty much everything new was re-using that at that point. Do you think they'll similarly just nab 'Chouzetsu Dynamic' from Super for this game? Or will we actually get some kind of new song for it?
Nothing so far suggests Super will be in this and even then at the most I expect it to be a DLC expansion like GT was for the first game. It will likely by Cha La by Flow, or hopefully, well get We Gotta Powah. Even if its a modern remake, would be cool to see that song come back.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Tue May 17, 2016 10:59 am

sintzu wrote:I'm not sure that releasing it during the fall is a good idea due to all the heavy competition.

They should just release it in February like the 1st one and storm 4 cause that'll also give them more time to work on it.
Next Dragon ball project to start from scratch confirmed!
DBZ Shin wrote:I'm happy for the release date of the game during this year, so we will not have to wait. I think it will be out in september or in november.
The old time patrol now has a statue in the city, so the game is set some year after Xenoverse.
We will have better grapichs thanks to the fact that the game will be released only on next generation consoles.
Did we see the same trailer? Cause graphics were bad.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue May 17, 2016 10:59 am

I really hope it's as big as Dragon Ball Online, since they say it's the biggest world in Dragon Ball game history. I love how they're suggesting lots of free roam with flight! I hope you can fly up to the highest mountain top! They seem to have skinnier looking avatars now so not everyone looks fat like in the first one. :clap: I also think the hologram in the Hub city will be of the #1 ranked player. Loving all of it!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue May 17, 2016 11:01 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Nothing so far suggests Super will be in this and even then at the most I expect it to be a DLC expansion like GT was for the first game. It will likely by Cha La by Flow, or hopefully, well get We Gotta Powah. Even if its a modern remake, would be cool to see that song come back.
I would love to see a Flow cover of We Gotta Powah. The song needs more love.

That said, I would be beyond surprised if Super isn't in the game in some way, even if it is just DLC. They'd be stupid not to capitalize on the brand new stuff, it'll boost sales even more. Not to mention they threw Resurrection 'F' stuff into the last game amazingly fast last time.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:04 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Nothing so far suggests Super will be in this and even then at the most I expect it to be a DLC expansion like GT was for the first game. It will likely by Cha La by Flow, or hopefully, well get We Gotta Powah. Even if its a modern remake, would be cool to see that song come back.
I would love to see a Flow cover of We Gotta Powah. The song needs more love.

That said, I would be beyond surprised if Super isn't in the game in some way, even if it is just DLC. They'd be stupid not to capitalize on the brand new stuff, it'll boost sales even more. Not to mention they threw Resurrection 'F' stuff into the last game amazingly fast last time.
Well when the countdown was going on, one of the images shown with SSGSS Goku and Vegeta was actually titled Dragon Ball Super, so I assume Namco Bandai knows the people here in the states know of the show

I would prefer Super as DLC to ensure the U6 characters fight like they did in the show and we dont avoid another example of Whis from Xeno 1 (I'm a broken record when it comes to this stuff).
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue May 17, 2016 11:07 am

This looks amazing. They said we'd see more of the game in June in the press release, so I hope we see some new customization there. :D

DBZ Shin

Post by DBZ Shin » Tue May 17, 2016 11:09 am

Zenkashuu wrote:[quote="sintzu"

Did we see the same trailer? Cause graphics were bad.
We will have to wait for the final version of the game, but now devolpers can focus on PS4 and X-One versions.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue May 17, 2016 11:11 am

I'm sorry, but if any part of the graphics of what you just saw struck you as 'bad', I'm tempted to have you locked in a room with nothing but an Atari for a while. And Pong.
Twitter

Kokos

Post by Kokos » Tue May 17, 2016 11:11 am

sintzu wrote:I'm not sure that releasing it during the fall is a good idea due to all the heavy competition.

They should just release it in February like the 1st one and storm 4 cause that'll also give them more time to work on it.
This year's holiday season seems mild for gaming so far TBH
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/upcoming

FFXV
Persona 5 (though perhaps a little niche? Also not sure if the West will see it)
Call of Duty (staple)
Battlefield (staple)
Mafia III (Unsure how much popularity the game has though, can't be all that much compared to the other games)
Dishonored 2 (same)

Add Gears of War 4 and Pokemon SM (which is also more or less a staple) and it's complete. It used to be more crowded, though perhaps I'm just getting a bit desensitized by it all :P

I can't say I'm sure about 2016 either though. I am not at all looking forward to the game TBF :? Xenoverse had great graphics, great cutscenes, nice roster, character creation, great stage selection, great movelists, great combo animations... but I disliked everything else :oops: I'll have to see it first to believe it and listen to what the more experienced Tenkaichi players are saying about the game, since my tastes align with them more.
Wish I could be excited :( DBZ gaming hasn't been the same for me since Raging Blast 2, Tenkaichi Tag Team and Ultimate Butouden. The excitement is gone, which is such a shame :(

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Tue May 17, 2016 11:17 am

Right. The pictures in the teaser site also showed various dragonball content and it also showed the raining destroyed city as one of the images which was from the future trunks scene meaning whatever they showed should be in the game. There is a lot that needs to be answered about the story too because Goku knew of the time patrol warrior and everything else going on so will he also play a role like he did at the end?

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue May 17, 2016 11:20 am

THEGOKU wrote:Right. The pictures in the teaser site also showed various dragonball content and it also showed the raining destroyed city as one of the images which was from the future trunks scene meaning whatever they showed should be in the game. There is a lot that needs to be answered about the story too because Goku knew of the time patrol warrior and everything else going on so will he also play a role like he did at the end?
I sure hope everything they showed is in the game because that'd be a pretty darn big game.

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Tue May 17, 2016 11:20 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm sorry, but if any part of the graphics of what you just saw struck you as 'bad', I'm tempted to have you locked in a room with nothing but an Atari for a while. And Pong.
I should be thankful since pong had sprites, right? What am I reading... technology has greatly changed.

Yes, graphics are bad but mainly cause Dimps' weird shaders.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 17, 2016 11:26 am

Zenkashuu wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm sorry, but if any part of the graphics of what you just saw struck you as 'bad', I'm tempted to have you locked in a room with nothing but an Atari for a while. And Pong.
I should be thankful since pong had sprites, right? What am I reading... technology has greatly changed.

It's not bad, it just has weird shading. The game isn't going to look like a AAA game because of the short dev time for licensed games.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue May 17, 2016 11:26 am

Zenkashuu wrote:

My main point is that graphics should never be the main concern of a game. Gameplay and story (for these kinds of games anyway) are far more important. Are you not able to still pop in older games and play them just fine, but there are some that can't apparently, and I just can't understand that.
Twitter

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue May 17, 2016 11:34 am

Considering the size of that hub area and the huge draw distance going on there, I don't think you can really blame them for skimping on the anti-aliasing and texture filtering, especially since it appears to be running at 60fps.

It's a fighting game. You want fluidity over pristine visuals. It looks fine for what it is. You can't exactly judge much from YouTube's crappy compression anyway, so don't get too worked up over it.

I don't particularly enjoy Dimps' character models; I vastly prefer Ultimate Tenkahichi's rounder, smoother look, but I wouldn't exactly call this game ugly. It's just not to my personal tastes.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Tue May 17, 2016 11:36 am

ArchedThunder wrote:It's not bad, it just has weird shading. The game isn't going to look like a AAA game because of the short dev time for licensed games.
Well Burst Limit wasn't AAA game either but still holds up against other Dragon ball games.
Gyt Kaliba wrote:My main point is that graphics should never be the main concern of a game. Gameplay and story (for these kinds of games anyway) are far more important. Are you not able to still pop in older games and play them just fine, but there are some that can't apparently, and I just can't understand that.
It's simple. The only thing we can judge now based on this trailer is games' graphics.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue May 17, 2016 11:37 am

I am pretty excited by the game, hopefully the campain will have a better writen original story.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 17, 2016 11:37 am

Ajay wrote:Considering the size of that hub area and the huge draw distance going on there, I don't think you can really blame them for skimping on the anti-aliasing and texture filtering, especially since it appears to be running at 60fps.

It's a fighting game. You want fluidity over pristine visuals. It looks fine for what it is. You can't exactly judge much from YouTube's crappy compression anyway, so don't get too worked up over it.

I don't particularly enjoy Dimps' character models; I vastly prefer Ultimate Tenkahichi's rounder, smoother look, but I wouldn't exactly call this game ugly. It's just not to my personal tastes.
I'm cool with low anisotropic filtering, I just wish they changed the shader to a more traditional cel shader and got a better AA solution. There are some REALLY impressive post processing AA solutions out there that have very little performance cost.
The game isn't exactly ugly though, I just have a few nitpicks with it.