"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:34 pm

I just hope local lv1 and the ability to use all cac in local vs is added in.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed May 18, 2016 2:41 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I don't think they'd pump out sequels without seeing sales reception and critical reception.
Proven Studios don't have to wait for that.

Take Naughty dog for example, Sony isn't going to wait for Uncharted's numbers before green lighting their next project cause they know it will do well due to their track record.

Dimps has delivered Bandai one successful game after another so they probably trust them enough to let them start on a project before their current one is released cause they already know it's going to be successful.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 18, 2016 2:47 pm

sintzu wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:I don't think they'd pump out sequels without seeing sales reception and critical reception.
Proven Studios don't have to wait for that.

Take Naughty dog for example, Sony isn't going to wait for Uncharted's numbers before green lighting their next project cause they know it will do well due to their track record.

Dimps has delivered Bandai one successful game after another so they probably trust them enough to let them start on a project before their current one is released cause they already know it's going to be successful.
And early development is mostly planning too, so if Xenoverse had been a huge flop they could have canned Xenoverse 2 without really wasting much money.

Vynak
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vynak » Wed May 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Lunaar wrote: In addition to players having issue with most equipment not having alternate/custom color options, many players complained that equipment came with unwanted and most times undesirable stat changes. "Why does my Ki oriented Saiyan lady HAVE to wear all of Vegito's outfit to be most efficient? Xenoverse? More like, COSPLAYVERSE." My solution? Socketed equipment. Let the RNG be ahelluva lot more forgiving and delegate the rarity and "ranks" of equipment to how useful your clothing can become.
I think this is a great idea and I really hope they do something similar. It would make grinding worthwhile and allow people to easily customize whatever they want to wear. I had a ki blaster saiyan chick and hated that I had to wear Vegito's outfit to have the best stats.

Oh and like others have posted, I also hated the fact that transforming didn't change the hair shape, just the color. Ruins the transformation effect IMO.

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Wed May 18, 2016 3:09 pm

Vynak wrote:Oh and like others have posted, I also hated the fact that transforming didn't change the hair shape, just the color. Ruins the transformation effect IMO.
Yeah, really bummed me out too. A real shame since the auras in the game were gorgeous. Super Saiyans looked especially great, but needed more wicked lightning for later stages.

Speaking of transformations... any hopefuls? I'd like Potential Unlock to be a bit more prominent... and would lose my shit over a Super Namekian - glowing red eyes and all! It goes without saying that the "Frieza" clan (can we get a new name for this race now, maybe??) should get a "Combat" form... Buu race gets an "Evil" form? Now I'm just grasping. :think:
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Wed May 18, 2016 3:13 pm

sintzu wrote:Proven Studios don't have to wait for that.

That's not how it works. Otherwise, Burst Limit 2 would be a thing many years ago.

Publisher makes the call, not the developers. Not even Naughty Gods.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed May 18, 2016 3:23 pm

Zenkashuu wrote:Publisher makes the call, not the developers. Not even Naughty Gods.
That's what I said.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 18, 2016 3:24 pm

Zenkashuu wrote:
sintzu wrote:Proven Studios don't have to wait for that.

That's not how it works. Otherwise, Burst Limit 2 would be a thing many years ago.

Publisher makes the call, not the developers. Not even Naughty Gods.
He never said devs green light their own games, he said that games are often green lit before the newest one even comes out. Also devs will very often start working on a game without it being green lit and show it to their publisher when they actually have something to show in order to get the green light.
The lack of a Burst Limit 2 likely had very little to do with the sales or reception of the first game, both of which where positive.
With the incredibly positive buzz that surrounded Xenoverse before launch Dimps likely started early work on a sequel before the first game even launched. I also wouldn't be surprised if the original plan was to release in February 2016 but due to the surprise success of the first game they got a bump to their budget and the development time.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Call of Duty lost a lot of hype over the years for being the same. It's nowhere near the powerhouse it used to be
That may be so, but the franchise still remains the best seller every year by a wide margin since 2009, with the exception of 2013 when Grand Theft Auto V was released. Every video game that has ever gone up against Call Of Duty in November has lost. Not even Fallout 4 could dethrone it. Xenoverse 2 being released in November would be a suicidal move. Remember what happened to Raging Blast 1 and 2?
Infinite Warfare has 2.3 million dislikes.
Dislikes on YouTube carry no value.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 18, 2016 3:53 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Dislikes on YouTube carry no value.
They might when it is literally the most disliked video game trailer on Youtube by a massive margin, many CoD fans are getting tired of the futuristic setting.

Either way a November release isn't going to negatively impact Xenoverse's sales, the crossover between CoD and Xenoverse likely isn't enough to hurt the game and releasing before Christmas will allow it to have a boost as a Christmas present.
Xenoverse 1 released in the same 20 period as a lot of heavy hitters, like Battlefield Hardline and Bloodborne, Xenoverse 2 will be fine.

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Wed May 18, 2016 4:05 pm

sintzu wrote:
Zenkashuu wrote:Publisher makes the call, not the developers. Not even Naughty Gods.
That's what I said.
I misunderstood then.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed May 18, 2016 5:08 pm

Finally a sequel!

Will they fix the Super Saiyan hair thing? (Your character transform and his hair just turn gold nothing else)

Will we follow the Dragon Ball Super story too?

Demigra returns or a new villian will come?

Can't handle this HYPE!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:00 pm

Noah wrote:Finally a sequel!

Will they fix the Super Saiyan hair thing? (Your character transform and his hair just turn gold nothing else)

Will we follow the Dragon Ball Super story too?

Demigra returns or a new villian will come?

Can't handle this HYPE!
Remember towa & Mira they both are alive still so no I don't think we will get demigra as a main villain back or a new villain Mira & towa could have their minions though I would personally want that!!!
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed May 18, 2016 7:45 pm

It seems that this is the only thing for XenoVerse 2 in the V-Jump: http://imgur.com/sATuKfZ
Unfortunately, it's stuff we already saw

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed May 18, 2016 7:56 pm

It's not entirely stuff we already had. The text more clearly states that we're the ones changing history, while the trailer was kinda vague about if we were changing things or changing things back.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 18, 2016 8:07 pm

I think for 1v1 battles, Xenoverse 2 should be specially a 2.5D fighter and then for team battles it should be specifically full blown 3D fighting. I know something like this won't happen, but I thought it would be good idea because for the map styles and combat that Xenoverse had 1v1 battles never really were balanced or interesting.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed May 18, 2016 8:12 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It's not entirely stuff we already had. The text more clearly states that we're the ones changing history, while the trailer was kinda vague about if we were changing things or changing things back.
I hope we can change things, and then those affects last. It always bothered me how everyone forgets who you are every time you reappear.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed May 18, 2016 8:53 pm

Haven't been keeping up with the thread so dunno if this has been said but I really hope they allow us to import our characters as an option when starting a new save. As for improvements, I really hope they remove the grinding element and low drop rates found in the first game. There's no fucking way I'm gonna grind again for a Super Saiyan 2 that doesn't even change my hairstyle.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed May 18, 2016 8:55 pm

Who do you think will be a pre-order exclusive ? I'm guessing one of the popular movie characters like Gogeta.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed May 18, 2016 9:02 pm

Anyone can be a pre-order exclusive, even characters from Dragon Ball Super.

RE - News

So... Our custom character will be the one who will change history? Interesting! I wonder if, maybe, we "choose" what's gonna happen, for example, when Bardock got into Freeza's attack, either he will be sent to past (then you'll have Chilled and his Super Saiyan stuff) or to future (dealing with Mira and Time Breaker Bardock).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~