"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheQuazz
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheQuazz » Sat May 21, 2016 8:17 am

I think I'm actually going to buy this one. The first Xenoverse, from what I saw, looked rushed, so hopefully this game was able to expand on all the good things the first game brought to the table and make one of the best Dragon Ball games yet. Fingers crossed!

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Sat May 21, 2016 11:56 am

TheQuazz wrote:I think I'm actually going to buy this one. The first Xenoverse, from what I saw, looked rushed, so hopefully this game was able to expand on all the good things the first game brought to the table and make one of the best Dragon Ball games yet. Fingers crossed!
I'm fairly confident they'll be able to accomplish that. Look at how much BT2 expanded on BT1, for example. Should be pretty easy for them. They've essentially got a winning formula with XV1 and just need a bit of work to refine it, which will hopefully be accomplished in XV2.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat May 21, 2016 1:03 pm

I personally love the idea of able to change the history of the time whatever way you want. Imagine the creative story lines that we can get. Not to mention it can allow the story mode to introduced the pre-BOG movie characters by changing the history seeing that most of them can't fit into the main story mode. For example, I think saving everyone from Nappa and Vegeta can allow the events of DBZ Movie 3 (Tree of Might) happen in the story mode. A time paradox can allow anything to happen.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Sat May 21, 2016 1:31 pm

One of my biggest disappointments with Xenoverse was how little history was actually changed. I hope that giving the player the ability to change the future will lead to us having a much wider variety of scenarios.

SaiyajinGokuWarrior
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyajinGokuWarrior » Sat May 21, 2016 4:01 pm

I am so TOTALLY buying this. Seriously, i am buying this for my PS4.

Hopefully, Majuub takes the spotlight for Xenoverse 2. ^^
Just chillin' with Goku and Vegeta, Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Goofy, and of course Donald Fuckin' Duck.

And swingin' this keyblade called Crystal Snow. Damn, even its own keyblade transformation beats out Krillin's speed. BTW, Blizzard Blades are Goku fast.

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Sat May 21, 2016 4:56 pm

I hope in this game we can have more CaC movesets. (Turtle Style, Crane Style)
Most likely you'll get the movesets from a master, speaking of masters I hope we see characters like: Master Roshi and, Time Patrol Trunks.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:19 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:I hope in this game we can have more CaC movesets. (Turtle Style, Crane Style)
Most likely you'll get the movesets from a master, speaking of masters I hope we see characters like: Master Roshi and, Time Patrol Trunks.
Movesets from the original cast would be more than enough. That alone offers dozens of options and literally hundred of possibilities as you can discover all sorts of combos with special moves. You may find out Perfect Shot may work better if using Vegeta's moveset or that Dragon Fist is easier to combo with using Gohan's moveset. There are tons of possibilities with the option.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:35 pm

sangofe wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get db super story-mode in this game, since you know, no other country than Japan has broadcasted super...
That's hardly a issue. GT Final Bout got release in the US like 6 years before GT air in the US. Heck Fusion Reborn was used in the story for the third LOG game nearly two years before the movie was release. The movie was still not out yet in the US when the first Sparking game came out in 2005. We even got Beerus and Whis in Battle of Z months before BOG was dubbed in English in the US. So it won't be a issue.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat May 21, 2016 8:59 pm

And we've got Tarble in Raging Blast 2 without the Son Goku and Friends special ever being released.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat May 21, 2016 9:04 pm

MCDaveG wrote:And we've got Tarble in Raging Blast 2 without the Son Goku and Friends special ever being released.
It wasn't released on video, but the special was officially available to stream with English subs when it was put up online at the time.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun May 22, 2016 7:23 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:And we've got Tarble in Raging Blast 2 without the Son Goku and Friends special ever being released.
It wasn't released on video, but the special was officially available to stream with English subs when it was put up online at the time.
Yeah, as simulcast, tough dub fans got Tarble in english only in the game. Well, not that it hurts me, I think that most of the casual fans didn't saw the special probably?
I don't know.

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Sun May 22, 2016 10:22 am

sangofe wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get db super story-mode in this game, since you know, no other country than Japan has broadcasted super...
If anything Super would be DLC, I wouldn't mind Champa and Vados appearing in the story...

I have a big feeling Champa and Vados will appear in the story while the rest of U6 characters will be DLC.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Sun May 22, 2016 11:51 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Fresh Prince wrote:I hope in this game we can have more CaC movesets. (Turtle Style, Crane Style)
Movesets from the original cast would be more than enough. That alone offers dozens of options and literally hundred of possibilities as you can discover all sorts of combos with special moves. You may find out Perfect Shot may work better if using Vegeta's moveset or that Dragon Fist is easier to combo with using Gohan's moveset. There are tons of possibilities with the option.
This for sure! Although I enjoyed Xenoverse, they really could've expanded on the combos big time. But I am extremely confident that they'll clean it up. The leap from Budokai 1 to 2 was light years. Remember, In the first Budokai, you had to get knocked in the air to fly and had to do a combo to fire off a beam. :shock:
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun May 22, 2016 11:54 am

Xenoverse was honestly 6/10 game, but i loved it because of "The Adventures of Dumplin".

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Sun May 22, 2016 12:26 pm

I think Super Characters at least being DLC would be a safe bet. If they aren't in the base game, I can't think of what else they could include as DLC because characters from the original Dragon Ball, and I think people would prefer Super characters instead.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun May 22, 2016 5:21 pm

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun May 22, 2016 5:44 pm

Yep. That was mentioned on the previous page with the scan(lation) it was sourced from.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

HAIKEN-00
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HAIKEN-00 » Sun May 22, 2016 5:46 pm

I just keep hoping they add a tail option for Saiyans - not going to let this go.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun May 22, 2016 6:05 pm

The attack I want the most is Baby's Revenge Death Ball. It was my most wanted attack i nXenoverse.

Just thought, if Slug is in the game then that means Great Namekian fights right? I wander what their weakness would be? Antenna or ears?

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sun May 22, 2016 9:55 pm

HAIKEN-00 wrote:I just keep hoping they add a tail option for Saiyans - not going to let this go.
Yeah, but if they did then you will have fans complaining about their Sayain CaCs not being able to go SSJ4.