"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakarotto92
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Kakarotto92 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:21 am

So, I can't be the only one noticing "Mirai Mai" face looks nothing like her adult self in early DB. I can accept/understand the lack of lipstick and eyelashes but apparently even her eye color was changed. If it wasn't for her VA speaking out plus the teased romance in BoG, I probably would never assume that was supposed to be her (she looks more like an adult GT Pan in a post-apocalyptic setting)
Last edited by Kakarotto92 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:21 am

You guys have to remember how Toriyama said about the confusing timelines occurring all over the place in the new arc. That may involve Mai in some capacity. You are wasting your time and energy with that type of speculation.
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:22 am

alakazam^ wrote:Is it me or what Goku Black's wearing is similar to a Time Patrol uniform (Trunks' is different but the one Goten has on Heroes is more like this)?

And that Time Machine is different from the one Trunks used, isn't it?
The outfit has two distinct parts with different shades of black. From what little we can see, it just looks like Goku's Cell/Boo/BoG Arc dogi to me, with the undershirt having a high turtleneck collar.

No, it's the same design. It looks a bit thinner, but I don't think we can say that's a change so much as the way it was drawn this time.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:24 am

Kouga wrote:Uhm... same color of Demigra's earrings. :think:
No surprise here, many suspected Toei would try to get Toriyama to work on Xenoverse ideas

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:30 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Piccolo always has a role but how big it will be we don't know.
I know but I want him to be a main character like he was in the 23rd Tenkaichi, Saiyan, Namek & Android arcs.

I don't want him sitting on the side like he did during the Buu, BOG & Champa arcs and I don't want him just fighting nameless henchmen like he did in the RF arc.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:32 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:You guys have to remember how Toriyama said about the confusing timelines occurring all over the place in the new arc. That may involve Mai in some capacity.
Agreed. Toriyama already told us that there will be some confusing bits here and there.
Last edited by Khin on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:32 am

Kakarotto92 wrote:So, I can't be the only one noticing "Mirai Mai" face looks nothing like her adult self in early DB. I can accept/understand the lack of lipstick and eyelashes but apparently even her eye color was changed. If it wasn't for her VA speaking out plus the teased romance in BoG, I probably would never assume that was supposed her
The star in her clothes indicates it's her. Or, at least, her daughter...
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The outfit has two distinct parts with different shades of black. From what little we can see, it just looks like Goku's Cell/Boo/BoG Arc dogi to me, with the undershirt having a high turtleneck collar.
Yes, it looks like it but it also seems the darker sleeves are longer than the normal dougi and the shoulder parts look a bit "pointier".

LongLostSaiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LongLostSaiyan » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:37 am

So Is this new black Goku's SSGSSG going to have white hair?... what of this next enemy with white hair? Pic looks badass btw.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:38 am

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Piccolo always has a role but how big it will be we don't know.
I know but I want him to be a main character like he was in the 23rd Tenkaichi, Saiyan, Namek & Android arcs.

I don't want him sitting on the side like he did during the Buu, BOG & Champa arcs and I don't want him just fighting nameless henchmen like he did in the RF arc.
When Black Goku arrives it seems obvious that Goku and Vegeta will not be able to defeat him so they will have to get stronger or others will have to so in the mean time other characters will have to get involved like they did during the Frieza, Cell and Buu arcs. I hope it is similar in style to the Cell arc. So hopefully the other Z fighters will get involved.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:39 am

LongLostSaiyan wrote:So Is this new black Goku's SSGSSG going to have white hair?... what of this next enemy with white hair? Pic looks badass btw.
If that's what he has then it would explain where our Goku and Vegeta would get the idea from.

Also if our Goku and Vegeta can't reach it now then they'll be forced to work together or even fuse again.

Kakarotto92
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakarotto92 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:40 am

alakazam^ wrote:
Kakarotto92 wrote:So, I can't be the only one noticing "Mirai Mai" face looks nothing like her adult self in early DB. I can accept/understand the lack of lipstick and eyelashes but apparently even her eye color was changed. If it wasn't for her VA speaking out plus the teased romance in BoG, I probably would never assume that was supposed her
Good eye

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:42 am

LongLostSaiyan wrote:So Is this new black Goku's SSGSSG going to have white hair?... what of this next enemy with white hair? Pic looks badass btw.
Now this whole "new villain with White Hair" thing was probably something that was blown out of proportion, I'm pretty sure Toriyama was referring to Frieza as the reason why SSGSS is Blue. Unless I missed something?
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:43 am

This looks pretty cool. About Goku black, I got to wait for it to be explained before making any judgment, if that is indeed a potara I'm hopeful it will be good.
Mai is just weird really.
What I really like the most is that future background, maybe we'll see that caos. Then we have Mai with a shotgun and both apparently surrounded, which means a bunch of opponents of various strengths, maybe?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:45 am

Kakarotto92 wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:
Good eye
If that's implying she's the result from Trunks and Mai, why would she be using a gun if she's 1/3rd Saiyan? If Trunks is her father I would imagine he'd have taught her how to use Ki at this point, especially given their predicament.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:47 am

Nekis13 wrote:I'm pretty sure Toriyama was referring to Frieza as the reason why SSGSS is Blue. Unless I missed something?
He talked about it nearly a year after Freeza's movie was released so why not just say it would've clashed with Freeza instead of "the next enemy" ?
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:The fan service seems over 9000 with this.
I don't think Toriyama reads fan fictions so it's more than likely just a coincidence.

When Super was announced I was hoping for more original ideas so I understand why you're not very excited but at the very least it looks interesting so we should give it a chance.

Kakarotto92
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakarotto92 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:02 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Kakarotto92 wrote:
alakazam^ wrote: The star in her clothes indicates it's her. Or, at least, her daughter...
Good eye
If that's implying she's the result from Trunks and Mai, why would she be using a gun if she's 1/3rd Saiyan? If Trunks is her father I would imagine he'd have taught her how to use Ki at this point, especially given their predicament.
I was simply complementing him for noticing the star in her outfit

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:17 am

Kinda funny how Super cut out the Trunks and Mai thing, but it still going strong.

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:24 am

Seriously, Mai? Like who wanted/gave a shit about her, ever? And honestly, she can't add anything at this point besides being Trunks's waifu, which is an incredibly stupid idea in itself anyways.

If Mai has a bigger role than Gohan, Goten, Piccolo, etc.. I will freak the frick out.

Also not too keen on the Goku Black design( If I can even call that a design ), but I'm at least interested in his backstory.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:33 am

King Jacku wrote:Seriously, Mai? Like who wanted/gave a shit about her, ever? And honestly, she can't add anything at this point besides being Trunks's waifu, which is an incredibly stupid idea in itself anyways.

If Mai has a bigger role than Gohan, Goten, Piccolo, etc.. I will freak the frick out.

Also not too keen on the Goku Black design( If I can even call that a design ), but I'm at least interested in his backstory.
Given Toriyama's penchant for wanting to avoid romance, I don't think you have to worry too much about it disrupting the story or even being mentioned at all. :lol: That said, she's responsible for designing machines alongside Pilaf and Shu. I'm sure she can find a way to earn her screen-time.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:54 am

Damn it. 2016 and they really did the "let's make Goku evil" thing (like we didn't have enough with Raditz and Turles). Well, let's see what happens...
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~