"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Big Black Sayian » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:57 am

Grimlock wrote:Damn it. 2016 and they really did the "let's make Goku evil" thing (like we didn't have enough with Raditz and Turles). Well, let's see what happens...
Maybe Toei and /or Toriyama forgot about them. :lol:

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:05 am

What interests me more is how Nozawa will perform the evil villain.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:16 am

King Jacku wrote:Seriously, Mai? Like who wanted/gave a shit about her, ever?
Well me, for one. :P

She was always one of my favorites honestly.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:21 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:What interests me more is how Nozawa will perform the evil villain.
Yes,thats what i am looking forward to the most.

- Travis

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:22 am

While we're all throwing out crackpot theories:

-Trunks' hair is blue because apparently his hair went from purple to blue as he got older. Stays consistent because we've never seen Trunks this old. Whatever.

-The girl pictured is actually Mai's daughter, born before the downfall of humanity.

-"Goku Black" is just Zombie Goku. No info on what was done with his body in the future, so... um... the earrings uh, revived him or something. He could very well be from another timeline altogether. Hell, Cell was. MAYBE THE HEART DISEASE WAS A ZOMBIE VIRUS OMG

...I'm not even sure I'm a fan of my own ideas.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:27 am

So this is where we're at.
Yeah okay, I'll take it.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:33 am

Ajay wrote:So this is where we're at.
Yeah okay, I'll take it.
It took every ounce of my strength not to bust a gut sitting at my work desk just now. :clap:

...wait, what if movie characters started spilling into the other timelines? I mean, it's not like we've had a movie villain appear in the show from some non-descript, vaguely-defined void-hole OH WAIT-
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:38 am

If his hair is actually blue, then I guess his hair color changes over time.

garfield15
Beyond Newbie

Post by garfield15 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:41 am

King Jacku wrote:Seriously, Mai? Like who wanted/gave a shit about her, ever? And honestly, she can't add anything at this point besides being Trunks's waifu, which is an incredibly stupid idea in itself anyways
Well "I" like her!

And I mean, they did kind of randomly remove the whole Trunks' waifu thing from the series. It did seem a little weird
Lunaar wrote: It took every ounce of my strength not to bust a gut sitting at my work desk just now. :clap:
I actually did bust a gut. Good thing nobody was around :P

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:48 am

Yeah okay, I'll take it.
How to make a cheap arc?

1: Make the main guy evil or someone just like him evil
2: change his clothes
3: ??
4: done

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:50 am

The Potara may imply that he fused with someone, but they might also mean he's a Kaioshin/Makaioshin etc. If he's the fusion of two characters, then who? Goku's two personas; the one we know and the one repressed when he banged his head?

Since we heard that a whole array of gods will be involved, I'm taking the Potaras as a god thing rather than a fusion thing, for now.

This is starting to look really good. BoG and the U6 tournament saw the resurrection of feel-good Dragon Ball, and I really appreciated those. Maybe this arc will see a true resurrection of Dragon Ball Z at it's most popular, which is equally as great.

TheDBZmaster100
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDBZmaster100 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:54 am

I don't seem pleased so far, have zero expectations for this arc.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:55 am

Yeah okay, I'll take it.
So uh, has anyone else noticed or pointed out that Goku Black is wearing one of Demigra's earrings? Cause he's totally wearing one of Demigra's earrings! Like the colors match up and everything.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:57 am

voltlunok wrote:So uh, has anyone else noticed or pointed out that Goku Black is wearing one of Demigra's earrings? Cause he's totally wearing one of Demigra's earrings! Like the colors match up and everything.
I pointed it out in the other thread, but mostly in jest. While I think that whole storyline is fun in the video games, I'm not sure how I'd feel about it making its way into Super.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:04 am

First the Return of Freeza;
Now another Dr Gero's creation + Future Trunks...
What's next? A trained Majin Boo? A Multiverse Majin Boo who killed a lot of gods of destructions? :evil:
Vados Sama!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:05 am

Big Black Saiyan wrote:Kinda funny how Super cut out the Trunks and Mai thing, but it still going strong.
They also cut out the part about how they became kids again and the part about Goku & Vegeta's pride.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:08 am

Potara being involved will probably the reason why Kaioshin, Beerus, and Zeno will be dragged in. The other guy who fused with Goku is probably a evil god or something. But if Goku Black really is a fused being of Goku and someone, couldn't they just wish for them to be split apart ? And also, it looks like Kibitoshin defusing is not just for nothing. I'm not quite sure how i would feel about Vegetto returning though.
Last edited by Khin on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:13 am

Ajay wrote:
voltlunok wrote:So uh, has anyone else noticed or pointed out that Goku Black is wearing one of Demigra's earrings? Cause he's totally wearing one of Demigra's earrings! Like the colors match up and everything.
I pointed it out in the other thread, but mostly in jest. While I think that whole storyline is fun in the video games, I'm not sure how I'd feel about it making its way into Super.
I kinda agree, I mean I'm sure if pressed they would make it work but I think the ship for Demigra and his ilk being in super might have sailed since XV 2 is a thing now but who knows...crazy things can happen. So far I'll take it as a visual Easter egg but if Goku Black turns out to be Demigra in disguise...idk how I'd feel about that!
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:14 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:
fexus wrote:This also makes it even more confusing. Why is Mai there and why is she all grown up? I thought Future Trunks timeline split even before Pilaf and his gang made their wish?
I think Toriyama Sensei did mention it involves many different timelines, and will get confusing. Perhaps it's Goku, who never bumped his head, so was successful in his mission to eliminate the human race.
Trunks goes back to stop him, but in doing so opens up some kind of breach in space and time, giving this evil Goku free reign to go anywhere he wishes.
One thing that I found interesting is te time machine in the background, it looks differently from Trunk's other time machine, along with a darker shade. I think Black Goku is from another timeline.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:15 am

Goku Black would be a great idea if they would just name him Turles.
Yeah okay, I'll take it.
Always wanted a Super Decisive Battle for the Entire Planet Earth 2.