Official Goku Black Thread: Your thoughts before June 12th!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official Goku Black Thread: Your thoughts before June 12

Post by voltlunok » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:37 pm

Sodhi wrote:
voltlunok wrote:
vashter wrote:Akira Toriyama already confirmed that it is the same Future Trunks from the Cell saga.

Got this from source on reddit.
Would you mind linking the source so others my check and reference it if it is legit?
https://twitter.com/DB_super2015. This is the official twitter of dragon ball super.
Ok but that is not the source Vashter is claiming and overall I cannot read Japanese. I'm asking for Vashter's source cause so far I've actually been in a news void for a while due to work. So I haven't been able to keep up with the news on what's going on with this arc. I know Toriyama has talked about how this arc came about but I don't know if he's made any direct full confirmations of "This is the very same Future Trunks from the cell saga." and that's what I'm asking about. If he has, sweet. Cool even! But if you have a source and mention it, it is courteous to link said source.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Diggz92

Post by Diggz92 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:39 pm

My guess would be that something happend in the other world something like janemba. But instead an evil spirit or person got to him and took over.. think of xicor from AF if you want to further the imagination. So now he's alive and stronger than ever.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:46 pm

It IS Future Trunks from Cell arc. I'm not really sure why you would think otherwise. The multiple sources have confirmed this. You guys are beating around the bush.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:50 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:It IS Future Trunks from Cell arc. I'm not really sure why you would think otherwise. The multiple sources have confirmed this. You guys are beating around the bush.
Well for one thing, Mai. Her being there and so young, really kinda throws a monkey wrench into that concept. Plus I have a kneejerk to people saying "Sources confirmed this!" but never linking said sources. It's rather annoying really. But fine, if 'sources' have confirmed this. I'll believe it.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:02 am

voltlunok wrote:Well for one thing, Mai. Her being there and so young, really kinda throws a monkey wrench into that concept. Plus I have a kneejerk to people saying "Sources confirmed this!" but never linking said sources. It's rather annoying really. But fine, if 'sources' have confirmed this. I'll believe it.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/fu ... all-super/
Here. Yeah, the old "it's confirmed trust me" is suspicious for me as well.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:06 am

LightBing wrote:
voltlunok wrote:Well for one thing, Mai. Her being there and so young, really kinda throws a monkey wrench into that concept. Plus I have a kneejerk to people saying "Sources confirmed this!" but never linking said sources. It's rather annoying really. But fine, if 'sources' have confirmed this. I'll believe it.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/fu ... all-super/
Here. Yeah, the old "it's confirmed trust me" is suspicious for me as well.
Thank you good sir. This was all I was asking for. Sorry for all the hullabaloo. :)

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:50 am

I'm not a fan of the "evil Goku" thing but it could work I guess. I will just wait to see how it unfolds to give an opinion but I think it depends on who or what Goku Black is. Meanwhile, these are my (worthless) thoughts on the different Evil Goku scenarios:
-a version of Goku who never hit his head as a child: this would be lame, we know how Goku would be in this scenario, he would be like Raditz or Tullace.
-yet another android made by Gero: this would be the worst case scenario to me.
-Goku from another Universe (U6) who happens to be bad: it could work but I think it is lame.
-Goku controlled by someone: this could be good or really bad, depending on who is controlling him and his backstory.
-an imposter claiming to be Goku for some reason: I would be intrigued by this if it is executed well.
-Goku replacing Beerus as the God of destruction in that timeline: there's some potential here but I don't think it would make for a good arc.
-anything from the videogames (Demigra): f this shit.
-Goku actually becoming bad (or doing bad things thinking he is doing good) for some reason: this could be great. Having a character like Goku (or a version of him) who turns to the dark side for some (legit or understandable) reason would be great
Did I miss another possible scenario?

Anyway, I am hyped but I don't like the premise of this arc that much. Let's hope it turns out good.

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:00 am

A new nightmare has arrived to the future wearing the face of someone thought to be a friend.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

Jayayo

Post by Jayayo » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:01 am

Retan wrote:I'm hoping that Future Bulma was working to bring Goku back to help Trunks protect the future, but someone got there hands on him before she was done. At least that my hope 8) .
Maybe that's the machine Bulma was working on the last episode ?

[better pic]
'' Life is like a anime, make every episode count. Nobody likes fillers ''
- Jayayo

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Can someone explain to me what all the confusion over Mai is about? Was she not young in Battle of Gods? Doesn't that mean she aged naturally just like Trunks?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ckal9
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ckal9 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:12 pm

What if it has to do with the wish Beerus made? For U6 Earth to be restored? Could that perhaps have resulted in Goku fulfilling his evil intent and destroying the Earth and anything else? From there, with the green Potara ear ring, it's anyone's guess. Could be that he has ascended to some sort of Kaioshin or something or has used an artifact to fuse with someone.

Who knows, but I am very excited. There is so much that can be done with this! And this arc will probably be 25 episode as it starts ep 47 and the DVD set states it goes to ep 72.

Edit: Additionally, on Trunks' hair being blue. Could this mean he is definitely not from our future but from another universe or timeline where his hair was always blue?

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Can someone explain to me what all the confusion over Mai is about? Was she not young in Battle of Gods? Doesn't that mean she aged naturally just like Trunks?
Battle of Gods did not happen on the Alternative Time Branch. At least not the way we know it. So we cannot take anything new we have seen as explanation because of different timelines being exactly that - different. Maybe Mai did wish herself to be younger before the Timeline split but we do not know.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:30 pm

Cetra wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Can someone explain to me what all the confusion over Mai is about? Was she not young in Battle of Gods? Doesn't that mean she aged naturally just like Trunks?
Battle of Gods did not happen on the Alternative Time Branch. At least not the way we know it. So we cannot take anything new we have seen as explanation because of different timelines being exactly that - different. Maybe Mai did wish herself to be younger before the Timeline split but we do not know.
Oh, well, I was going with Future Trunks being from the main timeline. We can probably presume that the Pilaf Gang wished themselves back before Future Trunks showed up in Z, as long as they didn't appear in the Majin Saga. (Did they? :wtf: )
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Shi_Neko13
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shi_Neko13 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:34 pm

ckal9 wrote:What if it has to do with the wish Beerus made? For U6 Earth to be restored? Could that perhaps have resulted in Goku fulfilling his evil intent and destroying the Earth and anything else? From there, with the green Potara ear ring, it's anyone's guess. Could be that he has ascended to some sort of Kaioshin or something or has used an artifact to fuse with someone.

Who knows, but I am very excited. There is so much that can be done with this! And this arc will probably be 25 episode as it starts ep 47 and the DVD set states it goes to ep 72.

Edit: Additionally, on Trunks' hair being blue. Could this mean he is definitely not from our future but from another universe or timeline where his hair was always blue?
Black Goku being from U6 Earth isn't really a possibility. I've seen that theory pop up a couple times and I suppose it's because people are trying to tie Beerus's wish into this new storyline somehow, however, earlier on when Whis is describing the Multiverses it's clearly stated that U6 and U7 are twin universes and as the universes go out from there U1<-------U6-U7--------->U12 each universe is the twin of the other (U1 & U12, U2 & U11, etc). This only means that there are similarities like similar species with minor differences, Saiyans, Frieza's race, the mention that Magetta's metalmen exist in U7 too, it does not mean that events and people are identical or close or alternate or anything of that sort. U6 has Frost, who yes is still evil and a planet conqueror but maybe it's the nature of that species to be b*ttholes.
Anyway, the point is Black Goku is definitely from Future Trunks' timeline. Somehow, but definitely not U6. And it is the same Trunks we know, the accompanying text to the promo images mentions that The future was saved from the Androids and Cell but what has happened now? I posted some pics a few pages back detailing Bulma's hair color change from DBZ to Super so I really don't think Trunks having Blue Hair now should be taken as any sign.

ckal9
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ckal9 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Shi_Neko13 wrote: Black Goku being from U6 Earth isn't really a possibility. I've seen that theory pop up a couple times and I suppose it's because people are trying to tie Beerus's wish into this new storyline somehow, however, earlier on when Whis is describing the Multiverses it's clearly stated that U6 and U7 are twin universes and as the universes go out from there U1<-------U6-U7--------->U12 each universe is the twin of the other (U1 & U12, U2 & U11, etc). This only means that there are similarities like similar species with minor differences, Saiyans, Frieza's race, the mention that Magetta's metalmen exist in U7 too, it does not mean that events and people are identical or close or alternate or anything of that sort. U6 has Frost, who yes is still evil and a planet conqueror but maybe it's the nature of that species to be b*ttholes.
Anyway, the point is Black Goku is definitely from Future Trunks' timeline. Somehow, but definitely not U6. And it is the same Trunks we know, the accompanying text to the promo images mentions that The future was saved from the Androids and Cell but what has happened now? I posted some pics a few pages back detailing Bulma's hair color change from DBZ to Super so I really don't think Trunks having Blue Hair now should be taken as any sign.

Ohh ok thanks! Seems I missed some info there. Man, Trunks' future really sucks haha. I hope there is some creative story line they come up with though.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:05 pm

I think Mai may be from Future Trunks timeline since it would be odd for Mai in Goku's timeline to team up with him.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:17 pm

For whoever ask for the source I just post it to ask the guy for it so here it is https://gyazo.com/459d339e1e016daeb8b3d3ad04e71ee3

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:05 pm

Ok I got officially confirm he is same trunks from cell era

https://gyazo.com/a91bd31e9e406300af9adc6e4c35ad0d

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:12 pm

Those questions about which Trunks he is are pretty ridiculous. What sense would it make to bring back "a Trunks from the Future"? It is THE Future Trunks, that people love, not just "A Future Trunks", every Trunks that comes from the future. Bringing in a random Trunks just because people like "Future Trunks" would make no sense. GT did it a bit by bringing in our matured Trunks because Trunks from the Future was popular but it was clear that it would be a great difference. Now just announcing a "future-related character" and then it not being the Future Trunks we know but just some other Trunks guy would be very unlikely.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:14 pm

As Super arcs are self-contained, avoid too much speculations and tend to simplify stuff, my guess is about a kinda Demigra microstory: Goku use those unholy earrings, go berserk and menace many different timelines at given times.
So our group travel thru times to retcon stuff. This could be a simple way to do a lotta fanservice, without screwing up things on this very timeline.

This is the COMPLEX arc. I could also figure something more simple. Goku in the future use potara, potara + god ki = kaos. A single duel goku vs black goku and that's all.
Remember concepts and art for u6 arc, and how it end to be.

I also think this will leave a lotta plot holes, but Super is not about that intellectual stuff. So I suppose no long explanations on what's going on.

Anyway, I think this will be enough enjoyable, if not even great, despite simplicity.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.