"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:12 am

SaiyaSith wrote:Most likely because it never came out in Japan. It would be kind of dumb to acknowledge it since the majority didn't know about it. Plus they're selling it's reboot, so there's no need to take attention away from Xenoverse for a cool mysterious mmo like DBO. It's a shame, but I have at least a little hope that they'll make Xenoverse into an open world mmo like DBO one day.
Eh, DBO may not have came out in Japan, but it was covered in V-Jump a couple of times and there was an official website dedicated to documenting parts of the project's development. This feels a lot much more like a racial thing to me. As Japan and Korea don't actually get along very well. Since DBO failed, it seems more like they're trying to shun the project like a red-headed step child, otherwise there'd be absolutely zero reason to avoid at least documenting it in the product section of guides like the Chozenshuu when they have stuff from other places in the world, and the game was much bigger than most of it.

It really does feel like they want to sweep the project under the rug and treat it like something new that they can do better than that thing they don't want to admit exists.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:21 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: Eh, DBO may not have came out in Japan, but it was covered in V-Jump a couple of times and there was an official website dedicated to documenting parts of the project's development. This feels a lot much more like a racial thing to me. As Japan and Korea don't actually get along very well. Since DBO failed, it seems more like they're trying to shun the project like a red-headed step child, otherwise there'd be absolutely zero reason to avoid at least documenting it in the product section of guide like the Chozenshuu when they have stuff from other places in the world, and the game was much bigger than most of it.

It really does feel like they want to sweep the project under the run and treat it like something new that they can do better than that thing they don't want to admit exists.
Very good theory, I really wouldn't doubt it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

POSSIBLE NEW RACE ALERT:

@ 2:45 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nc6YF3S1m0

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:36 am

You know, I hope the new threat is Fu. That is one hell of a character I'd like to get a highlight.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:39 am

Grimlock wrote:You know, I hope the new threat is Fu. That is one hell of a character I'd like to get a highlight.
I'd actually be interested in this.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:43 am

I feel like that first guy doesn't really know what he's talking about...? After all, we''l get to play as "characters from the new movie, including future Goku"....

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:59 am

Anyone who actually bought that Gohan/Piccolo lie, you're pretty god damn gullible. I mean come on, you honestly think they'd remove Gohan and Piccolo from the game? Wouldn't make any sense.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:08 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Anyone who actually bought that Gohan/Piccolo lie, you're pretty god damn gullible. I mean common, you honestly think they'd remove Gohan and Piccolo from the game? Wouldn't make any sense.
He got me laughing pretty hard though so that's a plus at least

And what's this talk of Future Goku? Did I miss something?

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:45 am

Just watched Rhymestyles interview, totally called our character save data transferring over and becoming the hologram in the middle of the new hub world!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:56 am

nato25 wrote:Just watched Rhymestyles interview, totally called our character save data transferring over and becoming the hologram in the middle of the new hub world!
This was already confirmed...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:58 am

I meant I called it when we first saw the hologram the day the trailer came out. I am pretty sure it was definetly not confirmed then, we didn't even know if we could import save data.

I'm excited to see how they will play a role in the story though. I wonder how we will choose which character comes across as I had a few.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:04 am

nato25 wrote:I meant I called it when we first saw the hologram the day the trailer came out. I am pretty sure it was definetly not confirmed then, we didn't even know if we could import save data.
Confirmed in the V-jump article about it.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:36 am

lol well fine but I called it without knowing about the article ok! No one said this when I first mentioned it everyone just theorized with me

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:59 am

Does anyone know when new V-Jump scans will come out?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:08 am

Spenzer wrote:Does anyone know when new V-Jump scans will come out?
V-Jump is released on the 21st each month in Japan, barring a Sunday or holiday in which case it gets moved up a day or two as necessary. The August 2016 issue is due out June 21st.

The latest/upcoming issue is available to purchase from retailers like CDJapan, Amazon Japan, etc.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JimmyRustam
Beyond Newbie

Post by JimmyRustam » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:24 am

Since Xenoverse 2 will be playable at the Japan Expo in Paris, i decided to go there. Even if it takes several hours when i go by train. :T

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:00 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Anyone who actually bought that Gohan/Piccolo lie, you're pretty god damn gullible. I mean come on, you honestly think they'd remove Gohan and Piccolo from the game? Wouldn't make any sense.
Yeah, I sure as hell was gullible for falling for it, though I wasn't mad or anything. :lol:

Zelvin wrote: Hildegarn really isn't much different than Janemba
How, besides the fact that they're both giant.
Zelvin wrote: Just leave GT out of it. We're already getting the other movies with Broly already shoved into XV1. I'd really rather not see XV2 just be the first game, but asking for more money.
No way, man, you kidding me?! There are WAY too many GT characters that are long overdue to be playable, like General Rildo, Ledgic, Oceanus Shenron, and the list goes on. Besides to me, only 14-15 movie characters are worthy to add in (9 of the main movie villains(Keeping Broly out, cuz he was in X1) + 5 movie henchmen like Cooler's squad, Zangya, and Androids 14&15, and Tapion as a movie hero). That way more slots would be saved for a some GT characters and a some DB characters (I hope for Devilman and Tambourine).

Now that I think about it, having Broly as the secret boss of the "vanilla" story in Xenoverse 1 was a bad idea. That idea of him appearing in the story could've been saved for this one. I say Time Breaker Bardock in his Super Saiyan form should've been the true final boss, that way would've set the intensity high for a cliffhanger and have the audience expecting more for the story.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:51 am

Fu? Mm, sorry, he seems interesting, but I don't think I want Mira and Towa married... :?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:57 am

I believe Fu is a bastard child so no worries on that front.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:05 am

Nejishiki wrote:I believe Fu is a bastard child so no worries on that front.
Assuming "marriage" as we perceive it would apply to demons as well, then maybe, I guess. But the two of them are clearly in a relationship, and end up with a child in at least one continuity. I don't get what what an "official" union would change about the whole thing.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:11 am

Official union wouldn't change anything in particular. Anime Kitten suggested they wouldn't want Fu involved if they were married and since nothing really states that they are, that should quell their worries some. :P