So who or what is Black?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: So who or what is Black?

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:45 pm

So you want future X characters cuz our timeline kids are handled badly?

No thanks...
I'm sorry if I worded that poorly. That was not what I intended to imply in the least.

I simply meant that I've always been a fan of Goten and I think a future where Goten goes the exact opposite path as his father would be interesting as well as making Goten more interesting.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:46 pm

Please... no more Mirai Goten theories.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:48 pm

ryou766 wrote:Please... no more Mirai Goten theories.
If you read back I'm not stating a theory. I'm stating what I wish they'd written and acknowledged there is probably a 0.0001% chance of it happening. I actually think the Goten theories are dumb and make no sense based on what we have seen.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:50 pm

The mere idea of Goten somehow being involved in those whole Black situation makes me cringe.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:58 pm

ryou766 wrote:The mere idea of Goten somehow being involved in those whole Black situation makes me cringe.

That is totally fine. Everyone has their own opinion. If we didnt...we would all read the same books, same music, same shows...what fun would the world be?

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:06 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:

No thanks...
I'm sorry if I worded that poorly. That was not what I intended to imply in the least.

I simply meant that I've always been a fan of Goten and I think a future where Goten goes the exact opposite path as his father would be interesting as well as making Goten more interesting.
But it isn't the same future after all. Same as Mirai Trunk and Kid Trunks are different. I do not see them as same character after all.

Even with a Mirai Goten it wouldn't change the fact tat Goten himself is still non relevant

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:08 pm

Kishido wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

No thanks...

But it isn't the same future after all. Same as Mirai Trunk and Kid Trunks are different. I do not see them as same character after all.

Even with a Mirai Goten it wouldn't change the fact tat Goten himself is still non relevant

Hmmm fair enough on that point. I've always seen Future Trunks as what Trunks could be under the right (wrong? haha) circumstances. After all they were the same person before Future Trunks went back and broke the timeline right? Or am I way off base on that?

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:33 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote: But it isn't the same future after all. Same as Mirai Trunk and Kid Trunks are different. I do not see them as same character after all.

Hmmm fair enough on that point. I've always seen Future Trunks as what Trunks could be under the right (wrong? haha) circumstances. After all they were the same person before Future Trunks went back and broke the timeline right? Or am I way off base on that?[/quote]

No you aren't but now they are per se completely different characters. They are even handled like this... And so would be a Future Goten alone for the dact that his history is comeptely different.

And still it would make no sense for Goten coming out of nothng becoming a godlike creature and Trunks never learning the fact from Future Gohan that he has a little brother... Where has Goten be at the fight against the androids? Future Gohan for sure would have trained him as well

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:42 pm

Kishido wrote:
No you aren't but now they are per se completely different characters. They are even handled like this... And so would be a Future Goten alone for the dact that his history is comeptely different.

And still it would make no sense for Goten coming out of nothng becoming a godlike creature and Trunks never learning the fact from Future Gohan that he has a little brother... Where has Goten be at the fight against the androids? Future Gohan for sure would have trained him as well

I'm not entirely convinced Black is from the same timeline as Trunks to begin with. I mean after all he's at least in some way aware of other timelines if he can send a message or teleport back to the past. I do think he most likely IS from that timeline due to other reasons though.

I think someone could write an epic Goten story but like I said it hasn't been set up that way so it's a non-issue. Honestly I just really dislike the Makaioshin theory going around. I can't get past the fact that a God with Goku's body couldn't sense Ki for a year.

Shinomori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinomori » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:27 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote: As for Goten...I've just always loved him since he was created. I've been EXTREMELY disappointed with the way all of Goku's sons have been disregarded. Trunks has too in a way but at least he has future Trunks to make you go "Wow, Trunks might grow up super cool".

Goten needs something to add to his character in some way...that is basically it. I acknowledge there is literally 0.00001% chance of it happening though.

Yeah he definitely need some character development. Actually, it looks like Goten may play a role in this arc judging from the last shot they show in the opening song. With that said, it looks like Chi Chi is doing the same thing to him as she did with Gohan. So expect Goten to grow up to be as useless as his brother haha! Man, when will Goku have an offspring that actually want to fight? I guess that is only a full blooded saiyan character trait. Personally I would like to see in the show Goku having some disappointment around his sons not wanting to be fighters. That Goku has nothing to pass on to the next generation.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:34 pm

Shinomori wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote: As for Goten...I've just always loved him since he was created. I've been EXTREMELY disappointed with the way all of Goku's sons have been disregarded. Trunks has too in a way but at least he has future Trunks to make you go "Wow, Trunks might grow up super cool".

Goten needs something to add to his character in some way...that is basically it. I acknowledge there is literally 0.00001% chance of it happening though.

Yeah he definitely need some character development. Actually, it looks like Goten may play a role in this arc judging from the last shot they show in the opening song. With that said, it looks like Chi Chi is doing the same thing to him as she did with Gohan. So expect Goten to grow up to be as useless as his brother haha! Man, when will Goku have an offspring that actually want to fight? I guess that is only a full blooded saiyan character trait. Personally I would like to see in the show Goku having some disappointment around his sons not wanting to be fighters. That Goku has nothing to pass on to the next generation.

Honestly I think Goten wants to fight and be just like his dad. The issue is he has an overbearing mother and his dad is never actually around to teach him anything. His only sparring partner is another kid his age who while talented also seems to rarely see his father lol

Shinomori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinomori » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:52 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Shinomori wrote:

Honestly I think Goten wants to fight and be just like his dad. The issue is he has an overbearing mother and his dad is never actually around to teach him anything. His only sparring partner is another kid his age who while talented also seems to rarely see his father lol
That's definitely true. :lol:

SquadronGOD
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SquadronGOD » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:40 pm

I think it's Goten.. It's head canon that he was conceived in may 767.
It would be amazing if Goku and Chi-Chi found out she was pregnant, and so did everybody else. An evil Kai finds out, as well, and gives Goku a heart virus, knowing that he is the LLSSJ. He takes his his newborn son making it look like he was murdered by the Androids. Goten has no idea he is a saiyan.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:03 pm

SquadronGOD wrote:I think it's Goten.. It's head canon that he was conceived in may 767.
It would be amazing if Goku and Chi-Chi found out she was pregnant, and so did everybody else. An evil Kai finds out, as well, and gives Goku a heart virus, knowing that he is the LLSSJ. He takes his his newborn son making it look like he was murdered by the Androids. Goten has no idea he is a saiyan.
Goku would have been long dead before May AGE 767.

That said, Goten should have been concieved well before May AGE 767 too. Matter of fact, as I mentioned in another thread recently, since Goten is 7 at the Tenkaichi Budokai in the Buu Arc (May 7th, AGE 774), he actually should have been born before the Artificial Humans ever appeared in either timeline (May 12th, AGE 767). It's just one of those flubs that comes from Toriyama not planning ahead.

I still think the Goten idea is ridiculous ever since it first popped up, but everyone can speculate how they like until the details are revealed.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:20 pm

That Black is a savage, I like the part when he broke Trunks' right arm. I suspect he's a Makaioshin that can take shape of anybody... :think:
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:44 pm

The idea of Goten being Goku Black would be just as bad as making John Connor being apart of Skynet.....Oh wait. Seriously though, Goten being evil and being apart of Future Trunks timeline makes no sense.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:51 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:The idea of Goten being Goku Black would be just as bad as making John Connor being apart of Skynet.....Oh wait. Seriously though, Goten being evil and being apart of Future Trunks timeline makes no sense.
I think the fanbase just want one of the lesser character, like what Goten has become, to play a bigger role in the show, so they came up with the theory of Goku Black being Goten. But as you say, it makes no sense. I mean, Goten doesn't exist in any of the alternate timelines, apart from the main timeline.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:25 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:The idea of Goten being Goku Black would be just as bad as making John Connor being apart of Skynet.....Oh wait. Seriously though, Goten being evil and being apart of Future Trunks timeline makes no sense.
I think the fanbase just want one of the lesser character, like what Goten has become, to play a bigger role in the show, so they came up with the theory of Goku Black being Goten. But as you say, it makes no sense. I mean, Goten doesn't exist in any of the alternate timelines, apart from the main timeline.
To be that wouldn't make Goten interesting. Just an alternate version of him. :p

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:02 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
To be that wouldn't make Goten interesting. Just an alternate version of him. :p
No. No Goten. Period.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:09 pm

Although you guys try hard to say that Goku Black is not Goten, we must acknowledge the fact that it is Masako Nozawa who's playing him. We clearly know she's known for voicing almost everyone of Goku's family, and that little detail will stand in favor for those who believe he's Goten, and it's something that we can't ignore it.

I'm on the team that doesn't believe he's Goten, but we can't say for sure he isn't... There's no evidence enough for both sides. I think you guys should let it go until more info about the character be revealed.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~