Why Bulma knew about the blue hair of Mirai Trunks?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie

Re: Why Bulma knew about the blue hair of Mirai Trunks?

Post by Muffin Man » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:56 pm

Personally I think Future Trunks should have had his hair turn white, with an in-universe explanation for the change. I mean....

(Spoilers for Fate/Stay Night)
[spoiler]It looked really badass when Shirou Emiya's future timeline counterpart did it.[/spoiler]

Also it would allow for Future Trunks to achieve SSB without his hair staying the same color when he transforms.

Also I really wish Present Trunks had been aged up to what Future Trunks looked like in the History of Trunks special. If they are going to change Future Trunks's hair color anyway then there's no reason not to age Present Trunks into a teenager, and it would have been much more interesting to see how a teenage Present Trunks would react to and interact with his future self.

Xiao Long Li

Post by Xiao Long Li » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:29 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:The only way Future Trunks blue hair would be acceptable to me, would be if he stick around in the main time. Since kid Trunks should grow up one day, this would be the easiest way to distinguish both.
Even in that case they could easily give Future Trunks longer hair like in the Cell games, make him bulkier, or simply give them entirely different clothes. The Sons and their evil counterparts never needed different hair colors to have us tell them apart, especially in Gohan and Goten's case where Toriyama just gave them different hairstyles and no confusion is ever made for the readers, ever.
Muffin Man wrote:(Spoilers for Fate/Stay Night)
[spoiler]It looked really badass when Shirou Emiya's future timeline counterpart did it.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I kind of thought of Archer too with this whole hair color nonsense. I always liked how rather than stress, his hair turned white due to overuse of magic. Overuse of Super Saiyajin 2? lol

Either way, Trunks having white hair would be a lot more explainable and does make the prospect of him attaining SSB a lot less dopey. It's not like he's gonna get that on the Gokuu and Vegeta show, but yeah.[/spoiler]
Also I really wish Present Trunks had been aged up to what Future Trunks looked like in the History of Trunks special. If they are going to change Future Trunks's hair color anyway then there's no reason not to age Present Trunks into a teenager, and it would have been much more interesting to see how a teenage Present Trunks would react to and interact with his future self.
You'd think he'd be around the same age by now.

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muffin Man » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:13 pm

Xiao Long Li wrote:
[spoiler]I kind of thought of Archer too with this whole hair color nonsense. I always liked how rather than stress, his hair turned white due to overuse of magic. Overuse of Super Saiyajin 2? lol

Either way, Trunks having white hair would be a lot more explainable and does make the prospect of him attaining SSB a lot less dopey. It's not like he's gonna get that on the Gokuu and Vegeta show, but yeah.[/spoiler]
I think "it lost its color as a result of traveling through time" would have been the simplest explanation. Or maybe "it lost its color due to exposure to energies produced by the time machine as it burned through time machine fuel."

Heck, they even could have had him with purple hair at first, and then after traveling through time to escape Goku Black he finally is exposed so much to time travel that his hair turns white. Or maybe the time machine could be damaged by Goku Black right before it travels, causing Trunks to be exposed to time stream energies he was never exposed to before.
Xiao Long Li wrote:
He should be. Since Pan is born, that means about five or six years have passed since the Buu saga, which should put Trunks at about 13 or 14 years old. Imagine how Future Trunks would feel, seeing himself at the age he was when Future Gohan died? But no, gotta have kid Trunks and kid Goten running around being silly instead.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:14 pm

Muffin Man wrote:
Xiao Long Li wrote:

I think "it lost its color as a result of traveling through time" would have been the simplest explanation. Or maybe "it lost its color due to exposure to energies produced by the time machine as it burned through time machine fuel."

Heck, they even could have had him with purple hair at first, and then after traveling through time to escape Goku Black he finally is exposed so much to time travel that his hair turns white. Or maybe the time machine could be damaged by Goku Black right before it travels, causing Trunks to be exposed to time stream energies he was never exposed to before.
Xiao Long Li wrote:
He should be. Since Pan is born, that means about five or six years have passed since the Buu saga, which should put Trunks at about 13 or 14 years old. Imagine how Future Trunks would feel, seeing himself at the age he was when Future Gohan died? But no, gotta have kid Trunks and kid Goten running around being silly instead.
Little Trunks isn't much differently sized than Goku was around 12-13 before Goku had a big growth spurt before the WMAT against Piccolo Jr.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

GeeRod
Beyond Newbie

Post by GeeRod » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:25 pm

I think TOEI didn't change Trunk's hair color because Toriyama already colored his hair blue in BOG designs and in this arc. They thought it looked cool and that's it. In my opinion both Blue and Purple looks good and I don't know why his hair being blue is a big deal...
English is not my main language. Sorry if I make a mistake.

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muffin Man » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:51 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Little Trunks isn't much differently sized than Goku was around 12-13 before Goku had a big growth spurt before the WMAT against Piccolo Jr.
Goku was actually 15 when he fought King Piccolo. But a couple points on that:

1. Goku against King Piccolo, while smaller than most 15 year olds, was still significantly older looking than Goku at the beginning of DB (kid Goku: http://i.imgur.com/t0lorIn.jpg and teen Goku: http://i.imgur.com/ziomKrN.png). Whereas DBS Trunks looks absolutely no different than Buu saga Trunks.

2. We never saw a version of Goku in another timeline who looks much older at the age of 15. So Trunks looking super young at 13/14 isn't the main problem, it's the fact that they are being inconsistent with what has already been established.