Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.
-
Ajay
- Moderator
- Posts: 6222
- Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
- Location: Surrey, UK
-
Contact:
Post
by Ajay » Wed May 25, 2016 6:38 am
MrWalnut4 wrote:Those 1080's though... EVGA is going to get an absurd amount of my money.
Heh, that makes two of us! Been saving for a 1080 for a while, so now I'm just waiting on the third party cards to pop up. Bought reference 980s at launch, but they were
so loud. Definitely not going for that again. After seeing my housemate's near silent ACX 2.0 card from EVGA, I'm thinking I'll probably pick one of those up when they release the 1080 version.
Gotta try and offload these 980s soon. Hoping I can get enough to possibly put towards a second 1080, but given how crazy low the prices have gotten for them now, I'm not holding my breath. Don't have student loans to fall back on anymore
Sigh. First world problems are tough!
-
LuckyCat
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:28 pm
- Location: The Sacred Land
-
Contact:
Post
by LuckyCat » Wed May 25, 2016 10:34 am
iPad Air 2.
-
Vegard Aune
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1178
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:38 pm
- Location: Norway
Post
by Vegard Aune » Wed May 25, 2016 11:30 am
Same one that I watch all my other movies and TV-shows on:
This 40 inch 1080p Toshiba TV. Basically I just talked to my dad this one time about how I wanted a TV of my own because I felt like the one in the living room was
never available whenever he was home, and then we just went to the electronics store and picked up the cheapest thing that met my very low standards. (Basically: It had to support 1080p, and, unlike the one we had in the living room, it had to have the option of
disabling all that obnoxious post-processing TVs do to try and "improve" the video quality.) It has served me very well ever since. Sure, it totally pales to all the other TVs we're selling at that same electronics store where I currently work, but hey, it's got a perfectly servicable image and it's reasonably sized. I mean, it's better than that old TV we had standing in the living room in literally every respect other than the built-in speakers, but really, who even uses the built-in TV speakers these days anyway? (Though even the external speakers I've got it hooked to are starting to crackle a bit... I might want to invest in some new speakers soon-ish.)
-
AnimeMaakuo
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:10 pm
Post
by AnimeMaakuo » Fri May 27, 2016 12:41 am
I've got a new, Sony KDL‑50W800C ‑ 50" LED Smart TV ‑ 3D ‑ 1080p (FullHD) that I bought for watching DBZ and Netflix in my bedroom. It's one of those paper thin TV's with a built in Wi-Fi, and black metal edges.
My YouTube
Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People
-
Bansho64
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am
Post
by Bansho64 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:02 am
Have you guys ever been able to make the Orange Bricks look good on your TV? Maybe not necessarily good but acceptable atleast. Recently, I decided to fish out one of my discs from the first Season and see how it works. For some reason, they actually look decent on my TV. I had to tweek my settings a bit but they look fine. I'll see if I can take a picture and show it later.
-
Danfun64
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1405
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:29 pm
Post
by Danfun64 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:53 pm
It depends on the brick. From what I heard, the later ones look fairly decent, while the earlier ones...
Good luck recovering detail in *that*... If you can't afford the Dragon Boxes or have no interest in Kai, get the Blu-Ray Level sets (where applicable) and the Blu-Ray Season Sets (still cropped, but more competently mastered)
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.
-
Anime Kitten
- I Live Here
- Posts: 4275
- Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
-
Contact:
Post
by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:00 pm
I'm not sure what the size is (haven't asked). It's not a huge TV, but not a bad size. In my house's non-basement first floor (my mancave).
Haven't watched past Season 4 yet, as I've been watching Super and GT.
-
SuperSaiyanBatman
- Not-So-Newbie
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:22 pm
Post
by SuperSaiyanBatman » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:29 pm
42 inch Samsung (don't quote me on it ,I don't really remember) flatscreen, and then there's the 2013 macbook I use. Both are pretty good, for different reasons.