"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:06 pm

So, it seems in the latest trailer we may have heard Lord Slug's new English Voice Actor. It sounds like it is Cole Brown, who voices Blackbeard in One Piece. I find that funny as Brice Armstrong's other role, Captain Ginyu, is voiced by R. Bruce Elliot, who voices Whitebeard.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:10 pm

People still trying to find a reason to bash on this marvelous game, it makes me sick. Well, not like a sequence to Budokai Tenkaichi 3 or Budokai 3 would do as much as this game is doing. All past games rehashes of the exactly same thing with nothing new... Dimps is saving Dragon Ball games from such long years of boredom.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:20 pm

Grimlock wrote:People still trying to find a reason to bash on this marvelous game
You can never please everyone.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:23 pm

Grimlock wrote:People still trying to find a reason to bash on this marvelous game, it makes me sick. Well, not like a sequence to Budokai Tenkaichi 3 or Budokai 3 would do as much as this game is doing. All past games rehashes of the exactly same thing with nothing new... Dimps is saving Dragon Ball games from such long years of boredom.
To be fair, the jury is still out as most us have yet to play the game, but I will say this, I'm more hyped for this game than I am for Xenoverse 1. And I was never more hyped for a Dragon Ball games than I was for Xenoverse 1.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:30 pm

I'm still playing Xenoverse and I'm just curious...do you guys think I'll be able to take my strong character over from XV1 over to Xv2? that'd be awesome if I could but all I really want is Paikuhan's clothing...everything else is icing on the cake. LOL! :D
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:34 pm

Also as more of the plot is revealed, it seems one of the ideas I had that the movie villains being part of the Time Breakers seems to be implemented (and they are from different timelines).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:39 pm

samuraix123 wrote:I'm still playing Xenoverse and I'm just curious...do you guys think I'll be able to take my strong character over from XV1 over to Xv2? that'd be awesome if I could but all I really want is Paikuhan's clothing...everything else is icing on the cake. LOL! :D
You can import your character from Xenoverse 1, but only as giant hologram that will be in the centre of the new hub city, Conton City.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:41 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
samuraix123 wrote:I'm still playing Xenoverse and I'm just curious...do you guys think I'll be able to take my strong character over from XV1 over to Xv2? that'd be awesome if I could but all I really want is Paikuhan's clothing...everything else is icing on the cake. LOL! :D
You can import your character from Xenoverse 1, but only as giant hologram that will be in the centre of the new hub city, Conton City.
And for his role n the story.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:52 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Reaaaaally? Ha! That's pretty neat! Man I can't wait for this game. :thumbup:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:44 pm

Bardock seeing Blue Goku vs Golden Freeza almost makes F existing cool, almost.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:59 pm

Just rewatched the trailer for the fifth time, I just noticed Trunks is going to get to reunite with his old mentor Future Gohan!!! Hope we get some good dialogue out of that.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:13 pm

Man that trailer was sweet, can't wait for this! And it appears that the game has more combos. One thing that bothers me is the release date. To me, it's WAY too soon. I prefer it to be released around December. I just hope they'll fix as many issues as they can.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:22 pm

The moment I go to sleep a shit storm of new XV2 stuff drops. :problem:

The game looks awesome! New stages look great, new characters look like a lot of fun to play as, I love the changes they made to the Super Saiyan transformations, little details like floating debris as you charge up is awesome. Local multiplayer is waaay better than the previous game. The hub world looks absolutely amazing, I just cannot wait to explore that place.

There's so much to talk about but I just don't have the energy to go in depth since I just woke up. :lol: The October release date has me excited. Will definitely preorder!

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:25 pm

I'm wondering what the preorder bonus(es) will be.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:25 pm

EXBadguy wrote:Man that trailer was sweet, can't wait for this! And it appears that the game has more combos. One thing that bothers me is the release date. To me, it's WAY too soon. I prefer it to be released around December. I just hope they'll fix as many issues as they can.
The release also pretty much confirms the game won't have a beta, too. I just hope that BN will have all their servers ready by the time the game drops. Not to mention the game is being released 3 days before Titanfall 2. And I'm going to be playing the crap out of that game when it drops. Ugh. I'm so conflicted. :(
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:The moment I go to sleep a shit storm of new XV2 stuff drops. :problem:

The game looks awesome! New stages look great, new characters look like a lot of fun to play as, I love the changes they made to the Super Saiyan transformations, little details like floating debris as you charge up is awesome. Local multiplayer is waaay better than the previous game. The hub world looks absolutely amazing, I just cannot wait to explore that place.

There's so much to talk about but I just don't have the energy to go in depth since I just woke up. :lol: The October release date has me excited. Will definitely preorder!
Being a Dragon Ball fan and living in Australia must be difficult. The greatest Dragon Ball news could be dropping and you'd be in a deep sleep while it's happening. Timezones are truly are a bitch. I should know, as here in jolly old London, I have to stay up until 1:00AM to watch Super, and I have to wake up at 5:00AM to get ready for a 12 hour shift at work the same day. The struggle is real.

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:32 pm

There's not enough of a difference for me to get interested yet. I just can't stand the combo system for some reason, and every time a mark appears on the ground it vanishes, and that's still so jarring.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:56 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Being a Dragon Ball fan and living in Australia must be difficult. The greatest Dragon Ball news could be dropping and you'd be in a deep sleep while it's happening. Timezones are truly are a bitch. I should know, as here in jolly old London, I have to stay up until 1:00AM to watch Super, and I have to wake up at 5:00AM to get ready for a 12 hour shift at work the same day. The struggle is real.
I guess I can't complain too much since Super airs at 10:00AM where I live. Only one hour ahead of Japan. But yeah, when it comes to news dropping most of the time it's when I'm sleeping.

The CG animated cutscenes look absolutely gorgeous. This was one of the highlights of the trailer for me:
[spoiler]Image
It looks so good![/spoiler]

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:10 pm

So instead of having characters from the current hit Dragon Ball Super for the first time ever they instead have the left over movie characters who have already been in plenty of games before.

Between that, the recycled maps and what appears to be a lack of interesting story it's not really looking too good.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:12 pm

One thing that I didn't like was the view we got of the Nnamek area and the Capsuel crp area, they both ook REALLY small.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:19 pm

Bullza wrote:So instead of having characters from the current hit Dragon Ball Super for the first time ever they instead have the left over movie characters who have already been in plenty of games before.
I don't know how many times it has to be said, but you can't include what literally didn't exist at the time of the conceptualization.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)