"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:12 am

nobody231 wrote:Five hours to download the Japan Expo trailer....

Since I have to download YouTube videos off of ClipConverter, because China blocks YouTube, and it's gonna take forever to download the trailer (seriously? How long is this video?), could someone tell me everything new in the trailer?
Youtube is blocked in China? Geez. That sounds awful, man!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:13 am

JimmyRustam wrote:Is it really confirmed that we will be able to play Goku Black? Because it only says "Playable Character from DBS", what if that will be.... Hit?

(The answer to that is actually obvious lol, but i'm still unsure xD)
Yes, He's a day 1 edition exclusive.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:19 am

nobody231 wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:Majins turning into a recolored Kid Buu is really lame but everything else is cool.
Well, there's not much else they could do, seeing as Pure Boo is really just Kid Boo. But I do wish that they could keep their clothing.
Well first off it's stupid because Kid Buu is actually one of the weaker versions of Buu, hence why they fought him unfused,It was lame in DBO also. and second I was more in favor of an angry mode where steam would go thought their hole thingies.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:20 am

Since just two people uploaded just two images (which is a bad move, people... Bad move! :cry:). Here is all that I could found.

[spoiler]Image Image Image Image Image Image[/spoiler]
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

nobody231
Not-So-Newbie

Post by nobody231 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:21 am

TekTheNinja wrote:

Since I have to download YouTube videos off of ClipConverter, because China blocks YouTube, and it's gonna take forever to download the trailer (seriously? How long is this video?), could someone tell me everything new in the trailer?
Yep, even freaking Google is blocked. You can't use social media, non-Chinese video sites, international news sites, hell, even Dropbox is blocked!

On-topic, day-one editons do exist for PC, right?

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:22 am

30 Minutes till that stream starts, anybody gonna watch it as well? Or do you think they'll probably just show us stuff we already know?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:23 am

nobody231 wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:

Yep, even freaking Google is blocked. You can't use social media, non-Chinese video sites, international news sites, hell, even Dropbox is blocked!

On-topic, day-one editons do exist for PC, right?
If I remember correctly the way they did it for the first game on PC was if you bought the game in the first week or something you got the day one edition content.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:23 am

I'll watch it. I'll try recording it as well.

nobody231
Not-So-Newbie

Post by nobody231 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:24 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
nobody231 wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:Majins turning into a recolored Kid Buu is really lame but everything else is cool.
Well, there's not much else they could do, seeing as Pure Boo is really just Kid Boo. But I do wish that they could keep their clothing.
Well first off it's stupid because Kid Buu is actually one of the weaker versions of Buu, hence why they fought him unfused,It was lame in DBO also. and second I was more in favor of an angry mode where steam would go thought their hole thingies.
You've got a point, but still, the Boos that we can use are weaker than the original Majin Boo (according to DBO), so I guess it's technically an upgrade when they go Pure Boo.
ArchedThunder wrote:
nobody231 wrote: On-topic, day-one editons do exist for PC, right?
If I remember correctly the way they did it for the first game on PC was if you bought the game in the first week or something you got the day one edition content.
Whew. Now I don't have to go through another SSJ4 Vegeta moment, and have to find a save file editor that might not even work properly! (Believe me, I corrupted a couple of saves trying to get SSJ4 Vegeta to be part of my roster)

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:27 am

TL18 wrote:30 Minutes till that stream starts, anybody gonna watch it as well? Or do you think they'll probably just show us stuff we already know?
I would if I remembered where to watch it... :lolno:
You've got a point, but still, the Boos that we can use are weaker than the original Majin Boo, so I guess it's technically an upgrade when they go Pure Boo.
How are these buggers that are able to beat the tar out of Goku weaker than the original Buu? That makes no sense at all! :o

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:29 am

TekTheNinja wrote:Well first off it's stupid because Kid Buu is actually one of the weaker versions of Buu, hence why they fought him unfused,It was lame in DBO also. and second I was more in favor of an angry mode where steam would go thought their hole thingies.
It made perfect sense in DBO. Boo reproduced by splitting off pieces of himself and his wife, and breathing life into him along with bits of his ki. They were vastly weaker than any of the versions of Boo that came before, but transforming into their pure state allowed them to reclaim the full power of the original.

It's the same story as the player Earthlings, who had become weaker than the Saiyans their inherited their blood from, but reclaimed that immense power by tapping into Super Saiyan.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:31 am

TL18 wrote:30 Minutes till that stream starts, anybody gonna watch it as well? Or do you think they'll probably just show us stuff we already know?
Could you post the link to it ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:32 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:Well first off it's stupid because Kid Buu is actually one of the weaker versions of Buu, hence why they fought him unfused,It was lame in DBO also. and second I was more in favor of an angry mode where steam would go thought their hole thingies.
It made perfect sense in DBO. Boo reproduced by splitting off pieces of himself and his wife, and breathing life into him along with bits of his ki. They were vastly weaker than any of the versions of Boo that came before, but transforming into their pure state allowed them to reclaim the full power of the original.

It's the same story as the player Earthlings, who had become weaker than the Saiyans their inherited their blood from, but reclaimed that immense power by tapping into Super Saiyan.
Yeah but with the base power of the Xenoverse Majins being pretty damn high already it doesn't make as much sense here...

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:33 am

sintzu wrote:
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv268246087
But you need a Nicovideo premium account. Unless someone in this forum with a premium account is willing to restream it for us, we won't be able to watch it.
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:34 am

Wait, do you need a niconico premium account to view the stream?
EDIT: Crap. I guess I'll wait for someone to upload a recording.

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:37 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Wait, do you need a niconico premium account to view the stream?
EDIT: Crap. I guess I'll wait for someone to upload a recording.
Oh...I feel like a huge idiot now. I stayed up all night, I guess this is my fault for not looking too much into it. Well damn :problem:

nobody231
Not-So-Newbie

Post by nobody231 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:38 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
You've got a point, but still, the Boos that we can use are weaker than the original Majin Boo, so I guess it's technically an upgrade when they go Pure Boo.
How are these buggers that are able to beat the tar out of Goku weaker than the original Buu? That makes no sense at all! :o
.... Training????

i don't get it any more than you do.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:40 am

Super Saiyajin Luffy wrote:
sintzu wrote:
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv268246087
But you need a Nicovideo premium account. Unless someone in this forum with a premium account is willing to restream it for us, we won't be able to watch it.
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!! I wonder if there will be anything interesting shown off though that someone can share if they watch it. Anyone here have a premium account there? I doubt anyone here does honestly. :eh:

desu
Beyond Newbie

Post by desu » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:42 am

We better just wait for someone to upload it, I highly doubt anyone will have a premium account in Nico Nico, maybe someone from Japan but I don't think so.
Good thing is that if only premium users can watch it, we might see something new...

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:44 am

desu wrote:We better just wait for someone to upload it, I highly doubt anyone will have a premium account in Nico Nico, maybe someone from Japan but I don't think so.
Good thing is that if only premium users can watch it, we might see something new...
Why would that imply that there's something new? If there was something new you'd think they'd want everyone to see it.