So who or what is Black?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nguyenkim

Re: So who or what is Black?

Post by Nguyenkim » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:50 am

It looks like Black can absorb power from another people, or from Ki attacks like Kamehameha. Let's wait and see ;)

TroubledPrincess

Post by TroubledPrincess » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:00 pm

I'm suspecting that maybe it could possibly be Goku, but also someone else. Future Trunks hasn't mentioned anything about what happens to future Goku yet, right? What if Black is a fusion between Goku and a mysterious other enemy? Any thoughts on this theory? I know it's got holes in it, but maybe that's just what's going on.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:55 pm

OK so after the episode summaries that were released, I'm definitely sure that Black was merely created by Zamasu and isn't Zamasu himself. Both of them supposedly have the same ki, so it could be possible that Zamasu created Black and sent him to other universes away from his U10 to wreck havoc since we've learned that Zamasu detests humanity. Zamasu could have also given Black the Ring of Time, seeing as Black himself doesn't know much about the ring. Zamasu sits in U10 contempt that Black is doing his dirty work for him and there are no leads for people to come to the conclusion that they are somehow affiliated other than the fact that they have the same ki.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:34 pm

ryou766 wrote:OK so after the episode summaries that were released, I'm definitely sure that Black was merely created by Zamasu and isn't Zamasu himself. Both of them supposedly have the same ki, so it could be possible that Zamasu created Black and sent him to other universes away from his U10 to wreck havoc since we've learned that Zamasu detests humanity. Zamasu could have also given Black the Ring of Time, seeing as Black himself doesn't know much about the ring. Zamasu sits in U10 contempt that Black is doing his dirty work for him and there are no leads for people to come to the conclusion that they are somehow affiliated other than the fact that they have the same ki.
It said Zamasu distrust humanity, not destest them. And why not send Black to U3 to wreck havoc, and make Black in the image of a long dead Saiyan?

Black did know what the Time Ring was. He was just surprised that Trunks time traveled.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:40 pm

There has to be a reason as to why he distrusts humanity. You can't tell me it's impossible for him to have some loathing against them.

Black was in no control of the Ring of Time, he wasn't even aware of its drawbacks.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:46 pm

ryou766 wrote:There has to be a reason as to why he distrusts humanity. You can't tell me it's impossible for him to have some loathing against them.

Black was in no control of the Ring of Time, he wasn't even aware of its drawbacks.
Distrust doesn't equal distest. You can distrust someone without hating them. Especially when we don't know what the distrust is.

Black just followed Trunks and got distracted fighting Goku. He was surprised the Time Ring reacted since he didn't know Trunks time traveled.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:50 pm

That's not my point. If you distrust someone, there has to be a reason for it; whether you've had bad blood with them in the past, or you don't like them.

Are you saying it's impossible that this is the case with Zamasu?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:03 pm

ryou766 wrote:That's not my point. If you distrust someone, there has to be a reason for it; whether you've had bad blood with them in the past, or you don't like them.

Are you saying it's impossible that this is the case with Zamasu?
No. I just thought you saying Zamasu detest humanity was too strong of a word since the translation just said distrust.
Kanassa wrote:

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:05 pm

Yeah, I could've used a better term. This is what I believe at the moment, though.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:38 pm

ryou766 wrote:Yeah, I could've used a better term. This is what I believe at the moment, though.
Fair enough.
Kanassa wrote:

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:45 am

I'm starting to think Zamasu and Black are actually just the same person. But Black is the Future Zamasu, and got control of Goku's body in order to disguise. Which explains why they have exactly the same ki and why he appeared in the Future timeline.

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:44 am

I am pretty sure that Black comes from Toyotaro's idea about creating a saiyan from a Kaioshin and another strong saiyan.
The difference is that instead of making Xicor, Zamasu used his blood to create Black, making him able to spam Zenkais.
I doubt that he is able to absorb power. He can learn techniques and spam Zenkais after minor damage

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:57 pm

Is Black is Zamasu I still I ask myself why he only wears one damn Potara instead of 2 as Zamasu's concept art.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:27 pm

Kishido wrote:Is Black is Zamasu I still I ask myself why he only wears one damn Potara instead of 2 as Zamasu's concept art.
And they're different colors to boot. And Beerus said that Black felt like Goku, but not. If Goku is just a corpse, he should feel like Zamasu completely and not know Goku's techniques. And how would they know Vegeta on sight, especially when he's dead and in Hell in the future timeline.
Kanassa wrote:

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:28 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kishido wrote:Is Black is Zamasu I still I ask myself why he only wears one damn Potara instead of 2 as Zamasu's concept art.
And they're different colors to boot. And Beerus said that Black felt like Goku, but not. If Goku is just a corpse, he should feel like Zamasu completely and not know Goku's techniques. And how would they know Vegeta on sight, especially when he's dead and in Hell in the future timeline.
Not only that... Zamasu seems to be from universe 10.

So how does he even know Vegeta, Goku and Trunks.

Beerus is a God of destruction and most likely known among the universes. But simple Saiyans from U7?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:23 pm

I remembered that Gokû always gets to keep his body after; maybe he's not dead, maybe his soul is still in that body, but just doesn't have any control over it due to whatever Zamasu did.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Chiki
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Chiki » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:14 am

Let's recap all the facts we know so far:

1. Black seems to be talking about humans, as in, homo sapiens, and not everything except gods and robots. How do I know this? Black seems to respect Saiyans. He talks about how Saiyans are a proud warrior race and how sad it is for Trunks to die lamely, and in the most recent ep he also was surprised by a Saiyan running away in battle from him. He also seems to greatly respect Goku, wanting to be as strong as him and wanting to learn from him. Someone who hates Saiyans (if he thought they were humans too) would NOT act like that. The only reason Black hated Trunks was because he kept getting in his way while he was massacring mankind. So Black only hates homo sapiens.
2. Black is from the Kaioshin Realm of Universe 10. Why the heck did he come to Universe 7? He said that he destroyed other planets before. It's probable, I'd say, that every universe has humans, and he went around destroying the Earth, or other human-filled planet, of different universes in the future timeline. Heck, maybe that's why Universe 6 has a destroyed Earth, though I think that is farfetched. We're meeting Zamasu in the next few eps after all and it doesn't seem like he went on a rampage yet.
3. Black is probably Zamasu himself in Goku's body rather than a creation of Zamasu. Why? From Black's speech to Trunks in ep 51, it sure seems like Black is super opinionated. If Black was just a creation of Zamasu, then I don't see why he would be so opinionated, but it's still possible of course that he is not Zamasu himself.
4. This relates to 3. Black has the same ki as Zamasu, according to the preview of ep 53. and I don't see why a creation of Zamasu would have the exact same ki as him. It's possible of course but unlikely.
5. Assuming Future Goku's body was stolen, I find it hard to believe that it is a coincidence Black keeps touching his heart area so much. http://i.imgur.com/XA1FBYX.jpg I don't think that Black still has the heart virus if Goku died and his body was stolen, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility that his heart is damaged, and that Goku punching/kicking it made it worse.

Here is my question though, and the most interesting bit of the arc for me: How the heck does Zamasu know who Goku is and why is he so impressed by him when guys like Beerus exist?

MonkeyKing16
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MonkeyKing16 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:22 pm

I once hypothesized that Zamasu created Black in an attempt to give the universe its savior back in Future Trunks' timeline, but it went horribly wrong. This hypothesis seems unlikely based on recent information, though there's still a connection between the two.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:54 am

Kishido wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Not only that... Zamasu seems to be from universe 10.

So how does he even know Vegeta, Goku and Trunks.

Beerus is a God of destruction and most likely known among the universes. But simple Saiyans from U7?
In the flashback Black did not seem to know Trunks when he met him.

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:35 pm

Maybe he sold the other. :D