Are Universe 6 characters really that strong?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: Are Universe 6 characters really that strong?

Post by HybridSaiyan » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:05 pm

Nah, I'm sure everyone was just going easy on them lol. Piccolo should be miles stronger than Frost. SSJ2 Vegeta would have absolutely destroyed tinman. Only powerful one was Hit, and he's the only Universe 6 character that looks unique. The rest are ridiculous by design standards.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:36 pm

Faisal Shourov wrote:Vegeta had a hard time against Magetta even as SSJ. Cabba was fighting on par with Vegeta in base (Cabba never seen SSJ in his life, yeah).

Same Base Vegeta stomped SSj3 Gotenks like a bug

So what does this mean? Are U6 characters really that strong or Gotenks has become a shit fighter after Buu Arc? Super makes no sense with power scaling
I suggest you read the manga and decide for yourself.

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:36 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Faisal Shourov wrote:Vegeta had a hard time against Magetta even as SSJ. Cabba was fighting on par with Vegeta in base (Cabba never seen SSJ in his life, yeah).

So what does this mean? Are U6 characters really that strong or Gotenks has become a shit fighter after Buu Arc? Super makes no sense with power scaling
Read the manga? The manga is a separate continuity and has nothing to do with the anime.
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:49 pm

Hit was the only strong fighter for obvious reasons.

The rest of them were not any stronger than a basic Super Saiyan.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:55 am

Faisal Shourov wrote:
TheMikado wrote:

Read the manga? The manga is a separate continuity and has nothing to do with the anime.
That's the point though. It's official and based on Toriyamas original outline as well, therefore it should be up to him to determine which he personally feels is truer to the spirit of Toriyamas original vision and outline