"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:18 am

Grimlock wrote:Turles and Slug appear in Saiyan saga firstly... Starting to think Garlic Junior and Wheelo won't be in the game (as well as some other movies villains...).

Also, I'd like to know what Freeza says to (possibly) Cooler. That would be great if there's some translator for us.
Where does it say that Turles and Slug are in the Saiyan saga? Was there a shot I missed of them not on Namek? Aside from when they show Turles and Goku in game fighting in the wasteland stage.

Also, yeah, where's the translated version?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:22 am

sintzu wrote:
nato25 wrote:I'm kind of dissapointed, so much recycled footage there.
The new city is 7× bigger than the 1st one so maybe they wasted all their time and $$$ on that instead of new content.
...Preeetty sure nato25 was referring to how the new trailer recycled a lot of footage from the previous trailer.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:27 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
sintzu wrote:
nato25 wrote:I'm kind of dissapointed, so much recycled footage there.
The new city is 7× bigger than the 1st one so maybe they wasted all their time and $$$ on that instead of new content.
...Preeetty sure nato25 was referring to how the new trailer recycled a lot of footage from the previous trailer.
I was thanks swagger. Honestly I'm wondering how many new characters we are getting though, it seems to me they are playing their cards a bit too close to the chest. Surely they could have revealed at least Android 13 in the trailer for someone entirely new, the scans spoiled the other 2 although it was good to see first form cell confirmed.

Also to anyone salty on either transformation, don't forget every race should still get Kaioken and Unlocked Potential so you can just go that route if you want a more 'traditional' transformation. Props to dimps on the giant namekian though, there's a lot of consideration that has to go into that with like graphics and gameplay and all so I'm pleased they put in the work. Could this open the door to great apes in the future I wonder?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:37 am

Well now I just have to make a human warrior! :lolno: I think I'd rather take nothing but a Kaio-ken and a potential unlock. Summoning the Nimbus and attacking with the Power Pole is a technique, not a form. Honestly I hope we're misinterpreting that one.
Giant Nameks made it in after all, huh. Colour me wrong. I'm wondering how gameplay will be with and against one of those.
More excited to see Imperfect (or 1st Form, I guess) Cell and 16 fight. Roster is shaping up nicely.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:38 am

With these giant forms, all I'm thinking is ''3v3. Smallest Stage."

And I can't wait to see Cooler and Frieza interact, I hoep we get him as a mentor!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:47 am

nato25 wrote:Honestly I'm wondering how many new characters we are getting though, it seems to me they are playing their cards a bit too close to the chest.
Hopefully it's not because they don't have many more to show or because they're saving them for DLC.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:02 am

Oh shit, good thing I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition a few days ago. I'm looking at JB Hi-Fi and EBGames right now and neither of them are listing the Collector's Edition on their website anymore. They're probably all gone now.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:44 am

Kanassa wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I hope Piccolo and Slug get giant trasformations as well.
I doubt Piccolo would get it unless we're getting DB content, and I'm sure Giant Slug will be a boss. Though this makes me wonder if Saiyans will get Great Apes.
In an interview it was said that Giant won't be playable.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:47 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Oh shit, good thing I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition a few days ago. I'm looking at JB Hi-Fi and EBGames right now and neither of them are listing the Collector's Edition on their website anymore. They're probably all gone now.
I caved as well man, but I figured with that figure and me not being able to find it that cheap it was actually a decent deal. I just wish it come with the season pass.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:51 am

Finally we get the Giant Namek and I now expect to see more Namekians characters online because of this. I also hope someone in Toei decides to have Piccolo go Giant Namek in Dragon Ball Super.

The Human transformation will probably have many combo's but at currently people either like or hate it.

I doubt there will be a Giant ape form for Saiyans.

They are probably saving other transformations for Xenoverse 3. In Xenoverse 3 Saiyans will probably get God Form, Namekians will probably get Red eye/God Form and humans Roshi.

Finally, I can't wait to squash some monkeys with my Giant Namekian.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:59 am

nato25 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Oh shit, good thing I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition a few days ago. I'm looking at JB Hi-Fi and EBGames right now and neither of them are listing the Collector's Edition on their website anymore. They're probably all gone now.
I caved as well man, but I figured with that figure and me not being able to find it that cheap it was actually a decent deal. I just wish it come with the season pass.
I'm not too fussed about it not including the season pass. I'll definitely get it after the game comes out, probably right before the first DLC releases. It's better I save up for it later rather than getting it with an already pricey collector's edition.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:20 am

yeah exactly, but to be honest xenoverse 1 season pass was fairly s***. If you consider that 10 characters, a few boring PQs and like 1 hour worth of story cost as much as 2/3rds of the game it was a huge rip off.

samuo2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuo2 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:51 am

There many htings we already know in this trailer, except 2 things:

- Human Race Transformation: having Kinto-Un et the Nyo-bô

- Nameck Race Transformation: become giant

I'm loving Dimps to overtax the things while I was just waiting an Unlock Potential or somehting like that for Humans, very great !
But I'm a bit disappointed that we can play Namecks Avatar as giant and character, and not "official" giants characters like Oozaru.. It was unfortunately confirmed by Treevax during his interview with Masayuki Hirano.
Captain Strawberry wrote:By any chance, can you comment on the A.I of the COM?
I'm not an expert about A.I., but this one was pretty good, it gaves me a hard time !

Anyaway, I'm hyped for next announcements !
English isn't my native Language, please be understanding with faults and other grammatical mistakes, and don't hesitate to correct me !

kbrooksgohan
Beyond Newbie

Post by kbrooksgohan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:11 am

That is not a transformation for humans. I highly doubt that.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:16 am

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME.

By the way, did they say something about Kid Buu transformations being customizable? It kinda sounded like it, but I don't know much Japanese.
kbrooksgohan wrote:That is not a transformation for humans. I highly doubt that.
How could it not be? What else could it possibly be?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:16 am

kbrooksgohan wrote:That is not a transformation for humans. I highly doubt that.
It was listed with all the other Awoken Skills.
It's the humans' equivalent to the race transformations.

kbrooksgohan
Beyond Newbie

Post by kbrooksgohan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:44 am

Looked again.

Omg...that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Seriously....wow. Lol

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:47 am

I love the new transformations!
I think the earthling 'transformation' should be accesible for all races though.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:00 am

I think it's interesting to note that Imperfect Cell is using a completely new combo set that even uses his tail. I wonder if this means the various forms of Cell and maybe even Freeza will still be separate characters, or if transforming will just change the combo sets for them like when transforming as a custom Majin or Human. I'm hoping for the latter.

On a completely unrelated note I'm kinda bummed that when you go to Capsule Corp that Vegeta and Bulma are wearing their Buu arc outfits. I would have preferred their F outfits, or at least for Vegeta's Buu arc outfit to be made to look more like it did in the show. I don't like how in Xenoverse it's a skin tight onesie.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:58 am

My question is how long does the giant form last? I would have liked to see if they showed more than basically stuff we already knew but this sort of has me wondering about that DLC they have planned and what not. I feel like it will just be GT and other movie characters Andriord 13 Bojack and what not. It's possible too that there is a movie 13 quest since dragonfist is already in the game but it was also in B3 so not necessarily. I just hope we don't get cheated on DLC characters that were already in the game before. If that is a "transformation" for humans...it's pretty sad. But it could also be a hint at some DB DLC content which would be cool.