"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:12 pm

Isn't this planet Babari out of nowhere? Or did I miss something? An unexpected turn, where are they going with this? I guess the possibly confused plot Mr.Toriyama mentioned is about to start.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:15 pm

Araki wrote:Herms translated the preview. Vegeta being bothered by Trunks relying too much on them makes sense, and it's promising too.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yeah that makes a lot more sense. I think Goku would have revealed SSGSS and then Trunks realises the gulf in power, then as the preview said Vegeta takes it upon himself to likely train/mentor Trunks and shows he has SSGSS too.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Well Trunks is right, he isn't really needed when he's not even close to their power. Guess he's not allowed to count on those two like everyone else does.

Vegeta: Damn it Trunks! How dare you try to make us solve all the dangerous problems for you. Who do you think you are, Gohan?!
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:21 pm

This arc seems to be really vast. I can't even begin to understand how this new planet could be involved in the plot. Funny how I thought this arc wouldn't be creative at all because of Future trunks and Goku black.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:38 pm

Feels nice not knowing what the heck's gonna happen. This planet Barbary thing came out of nowhere.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:39 pm

I so not get how it can be 1000 years... Same as U10 Kaios looking into matters of U7

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:49 pm

Kishido wrote:I so not get how it can be 1000 years... Same as U10 Kaios looking into matters of U7
U10 Kaioshins are looking into U10 Kaioshin matters. It doesn't say what universe that planet is from. For all we know, 1000 years in the future these inhabitants became saiyans, or earthlings (banking on Saiyans, it makes sense) and then they traveled the galaxies/universes, and ended up in U7. Hence, Black hunting them down and wreaking havoc on Earth, which harbored the remaining saiyans?

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:58 pm

My crack-pot theory is that the Barbarians became Saiyans and somehow traveled to U6 and U7. Black is mad that he missed the intergalactic bus to U6 and U7 so he tries to get vengence.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:04 pm

nite_jay wrote:My crack-pot theory is that the Barbarians became Saiyans and somehow traveled to U6 and U7. Black is mad that he missed the intergalactic bus to U6 and U7 so he tries to get vengence.
Sounds similar to my previous post. Great minds think alike, especially when they're both on crack :D
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:10 pm

kinisking wrote:
nite_jay wrote:My crack-pot theory is that the Barbarians became Saiyans and somehow traveled to U6 and U7. Black is mad that he missed the intergalactic bus to U6 and U7 so he tries to get vengence.
Sounds similar to my previous post. Great minds think alike, especially when they're both on crack :D
This def makes sense. I guess we'll see soon!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:11 pm

I don't see how humanoid pterodactyl lookin dudes would turn into monkey people in 1000 years...

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:15 pm

I'm trying to figure it out myself also... Do they co-exist with advanced humans or something in 1k years? Do they both cause so much trouble in that time leading Zamasu to plan from now his "mission"?

Legit confused where we are heading haha

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:17 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Image

I don't see how humanoid pterodactyl lookin dudes would turn into monkey people in 1000 years...
We need episode summaries NOW!!!!!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:20 pm

I'm thinking maybe Black somehow gets Babarians as henchmen or something.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:21 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I'm thinking maybe Black somehow gets Babarians as henchmen or something.
I think the most likely thing is that these Barbarians are what everyone not named Goku and Vegeta fight.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:28 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I'm thinking maybe Black somehow gets Babarians as henchmen or something.
I think the most likely thing is that these Barbarians are what everyone not named Goku and Vegeta fight.
Nice idea! From the card it looks like they are fighters.

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:29 pm

People really think a new reptilian species can evolve into a monkey race in a matter of 1,000 years huh... Looks like the teachings of biology have failed us.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:32 pm

Anything's possible. It would be nice again to see the Z fighters who are usually in the background get a chance to fight against the Babarians.

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:32 pm

Shin wrote:People really think a new reptilian species can evolve into a monkey race in a matter of 1,000 years huh... Looks like the teachings of biology have failed us.
Ha, fair enough. After really taking a look at the pictures, it doesn't really make any sense. Humans maybe. I think Toriyama/Toyotaru use the term that Black used for humans loosely, to mean all sorts and forms of humanoid life, kinda like namekians and others I guess? I remember someone on this forum mentioning a theory such as this. Perhaps 1000 years in the future the Barbarians are a problem or something, becoming more humanoid, and thus black tries to destroy all humanoid life? Across all universes?

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Here is a somewhat serious crackpot theory: A saiyan will end up inadvertently killing barbarians or something, and Zamasu will get mad about the loss of one of his creations. If Black and Zamasu are really the same person, then they'd probably share motivations too. Black wants to kill mortals, and there has been speculation of him doing this to preserve nature and the God's "successful creations".