"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:44 pm

Yeah, if Mr. Herms (if I can call him that) could come by, that'd be appreciated. :D
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:45 pm

So, with all the races having a transformation now...I think it'd be pretty nice if they added a chapter to the story where your character actually obtains their transformation rather then "Do X quest Y number of times till transformation Z drops." or buying super saiyan at the skill shop. That is still one of my major complaints from XV1 and I just sorta think it cheapens your character a bit obtaining it like that, would be nicer if it was part of YOUR story. Or heck, if each race could have a teacher that teaches you the transformation! Would be cool if Piccolo taught your namekian character how to turn giant and be all "But be careful, this form is powerful but has some downsides to it!" or something like that.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:53 pm

voltlunok wrote:So, with all the races having a transformation now...I think it'd be pretty nice if they added a chapter to the story where your character actually obtains their transformation rather then "Do X quest Y number of times till transformation Z drops." or buying super saiyan at the skill shop. That is still one of my major complaints from XV1 and I just sorta think it cheapens your character a bit obtaining it like that, would be nicer if it was part of YOUR story. Or heck, if each race could have a teacher that teaches you the transformation! Would be cool if Piccolo taught your namekian character how to turn giant and be all "But be careful, this form is powerful but has some downsides to it!" or something like that.
Yeah, I've always said this. And with all the flack Ultimate Tenkaichi gets, it did handle the custom character transformation right. You didn't just buy Super Saiyan, you got pushed to your very limits and had a dramatic transformation, that is how transformations should be handled.

In the story we should be getting beaten down by a villain, clearly outclassed with no hope of victory, but we still keep fighting. The opponent charges up their ultimate and fires it at us, we counter with a clearly weaker move of our own. Soon we are seen struggling to stand our ground as the attack creeps closer, until with one last defiant scream the attack engulfs us... Only to quickly fade away, revealing a surprised CaC in their new form.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:15 pm

Ultimate Blast/Tenkaichi arguably had an easier time with that though, considering it only allowed for the creation of male Saiyans. The transformations for the four other races in Xenoverse potentially complicate things from a story perspective, unless you think every form is unlocked via raging emotions (...even the Earthling's Kinto-Un and Nyoibo combo), you'd have to have five different versions of the transformation scenario. That's something that would likely be easier to be handle in the sub-missions (like being Satan's bodyguard or cooking with Boo), rather than tweaking the main story itself.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:42 am

You think that Goku Black pre-order character will have the pinkish transformation?
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:54 am

It honestly wouldn't be that hard to add.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:39 am

So they might not add U6 fighters to the list, but how about Vados and Champa? I wonder why Black and not them :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:57 am

Noah wrote:So they might not add U6 fighters to the list, but how about Vados and Champa? I wonder why Black and not them :think:
Because Black is literally just Goku with a different outfit. Not much has to go into making that, it's just a reskin. Putting Champa & Vados in the game is a totally different story despite what you might think.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:48 am

hopefully he looks a bit different as black goku does.

PSA for anyone who wants to port their character over, Xenoverse 1 is having 1.5 x bonus exp atm

kbrooksgohan
Beyond Newbie

Post by kbrooksgohan » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:51 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
Noah wrote:So they might not add U6 fighters to the list, but how about Vados and Champa? I wonder why Black and not them :think:
Because Black is literally just Goku with a different outfit. Not much has to go into making that, it's just a reskin. Putting Champa & Vados in the game is a totally different story despite what you might think.

He doesn't look exactly like Goku. His eyes are different and he's skinnier. The current model they have in XV is very puff. I don't think they can just shrink the model. They might have to put some effort into it. Plus his eyes are different.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:21 am

kbrooksgohan wrote:He doesn't look exactly like Goku. His eyes are different and he's skinnier. The current model they have in XV is very puff. I don't think they can just shrink the model. They might have to put some effort into it. Plus his eyes are different.
Come on now... They'll use the SSJG model to slim him down and slap on Vegeta's eyes. Boom. Goku Black.

The reason Black & Blue haired Trunks are being put in before U6 is because they're already existing characters in the game that only need to be tweaked slightly so they can be released at launch as "Those awesome characters from the latest arc of DB Super!!"
"You guys wanted Super characters? Well here you go!"

It's literally just that, nothing more.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:08 am

kbrooksgohan wrote:
He doesn't look exactly like Goku. His eyes are different and he's skinnier. The current model they have in XV is very puff. I don't think they can just shrink the model. They might have to put some effort into it. Plus his eyes are different.
They actually can shrink the muscle mass with almost no work, they can also swap out the eyes very easily.

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:25 am

Kanassa wrote:[spoiler]
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Kanassa wrote:The hair looks right to me.
That's not the scene he's talking about. He means the cutscene of Gohan face down, dead from the History of Trunks. Whether it is the wrong Gohan model or just some trickery of whatever they did with the rain and lighting, it looks like the hair on the top of his head is is super spiky.
[/spoiler]
Then he should of made it clearer, when he was quoting me the picture used was the one that seems to have the right hair.
It's not my fault that you jump the gun.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:32 am

Holy shit, TheDevilsCorpse is a mod now?

Anyways, on topic the trailer was cool(along with the song that was playing in the middle). One thing I'm dissapointed are the abilities for the humans. While the power pole and the nimbus clouds is a good one, I still hope for the buff/MAX Power transformations. Even if it's DLC, I don't care. Hell, I even want them for the Super Saiyans. They can just make them move slow while having overwhelming power.

Also, I'm SHOCKED about the Namekian transformation. Namco, why the fuck you lyyyyin'. Now, let's hope for Piccolo and Slug having one as well.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:46 pm

Dragon ball Super SPOILERS!
[spoiler]There already is a mod for Goku Black to transform to 'Super Saiyan Pink'.
So I think this is the proof that Dimps has no excuse to not have this transformation with the pre order DLC for Xenoverse 2.
Watch here: https://youtu.be/dH_mnIKYQDM[/spoiler]

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:55 pm

Was I the only one thinking of this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BDWbdSu2-o

Gameplay related stuff, this means Pure Majin dash has an actual hitbox. In layman terms, you dash toward your opponent and hit your opponent with your dash without pressing an attack button.
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

nobody231
Not-So-Newbie

Post by nobody231 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:32 pm

Kanassa wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Kanassa wrote:The hair looks right to me.
That's not the scene he's talking about. He means the cutscene of Gohan face down, dead from the History of Trunks. Whether it is the wrong Gohan model or just some trickery of whatever they did with the rain and lighting, it looks like the hair on the top of his head is is super spiky.
Then he should of made it clearer, when he was quoting me the picture used was the one that seems to have the right hair.
Didn't I quote the cutscene picture? But regardless, sorry for the confusion.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:07 pm

Spenzer wrote:Dragon ball Super SPOILERS!
[spoiler]There already is a mod for Goku Black to transform to 'Super Saiyan Pink'.
So I think this is the proof that Dimps has no excuse to not have this transformation with the pre order DLC for Xenoverse 2.
Watch here: https://youtu.be/dH_mnIKYQDM[/spoiler]
It actually looks cool in this mod, but not really a fan of the color :roll:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:06 am

I still wish that they will allow us to items on non OC characters like Raiging Blast 2 did. I always like in RB2 that you can have Kid Buu fight with a Halo on his head or give Piccolo a scouter.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:03 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I still wish that they will allow us to items on non OC characters like Raiging Blast 2 did. I always like in RB2 that you can have Kid Buu fight with a Halo on his head or give Piccolo a scouter.
This is irrelevant to this game, but you can give anyone a Scouter? How?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune