SS4 TO THE MAX AND DBGT FINALE!!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

laserkid
Advanced Regular

SS4 TO THE MAX AND DBGT FINALE!!

Post by laserkid » Sun May 02, 2004 7:22 pm

for some reason I got a FUNimation newsletter with that as the title, normally I'd just ignore it but

"SS4 TO THE MAX" was too fun ny not to share. How can one not be "SS4 to the max" considering SSJ4 is considered the highest power in the DBGT area - I mean seriously, "SS4 to the least" the implied inverse of that statment is just as ridiculous. Nitpicky on something I consider fanfiction anyway, sure but seriously thats just a sad opening to a newsletter. Anyway I hope I have enlightened you all with FUNimations newsletter title...oh and the substance of said newsletter if you care:

IN THIS MONTHS PRIME ANIME REPORT:
Industry Insight :
- FUNimation enjoys the exciting atmosphere of the anime convention. We get to meet fans, get feedback and make property announcements. We enjoy it so much that we have created the FUNimation Convention Tour and the FUNimation Convention Tour Team.
Click Here for more information.

Character Profile:
- Gogeta – SS4 to the MAX: If you thought Vegito was tough, you are in for a surprise with Gogeta
Click Here to find out about the recent updates from FUNimation.

Calendar:
- May calendar of events.

Did You Know:
-The latest and greatest information from the world of Dragon Ball Z

Promotions and Industry Information:
- The final release of Dragon Ball GT hits on May 11, but the Dragon Ball franchise is far from over.

Next Month…
Upcoming features and releases for June.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: SS4 TO THE MAX AND DBGT FINALE!!

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun May 02, 2004 7:45 pm

laserkid wrote:"SS4 TO THE MAX" was too fun ny not to share. How can one not be "SS4 to the max" considering SSJ4 is considered the highest power in the DBGT area - I mean seriously, "SS4 to the least" the implied inverse of that statment is just as ridiculous. Nitpicky on something I consider fanfiction anyway, sure but seriously thats just a sad opening to a newsletter. Anyway I hope I have enlightened you all with FUNimations newsletter title...oh and the substance of said newsletter if you care:
Not to get nit-picky with FUNimations over the top and cheesy slogans, but the "SS4 to the Max" may be a reference to an episode in the "CONVERSION" tape; When Goku realizes he's not powerful enough to defeat "Omega" (I can't remember his real name, way too hard) even at Super Saiyan 4, so he absorbs the combined energies of Gohan, Goten, Oob, and Trunks to surpass his normal limitations. It might even be considered an "Ultra" form of SSJ4.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Re: SS4 TO THE MAX AND DBGT FINALE!!

Post by B-kun » Sun May 02, 2004 7:52 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:"Omega" (I can't remember his real name, way too hard)
It's Yi Xing Long. <_< And I have that DVD. SSJ4 Gogeta rocks. XD

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon May 03, 2004 1:42 am

Thanks, and yes, Gogeta does rock. XD I just hate how lame it is that his appearance lasts shorter than a single episode.