"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:55 am

tinlunlau wrote:The Hong Kong Chinese edition of Db super volume 1 is out and I'm deciding if i should buy it (i read chinese so language barrier is no issue). Does the tankoubon versiom offer anything exclusive?
Cute extra drawings between chapters and the special interview at the end (I don't know if that's in the Chinese release, though).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

ssj_duelist
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj_duelist » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:58 am

V-jump has been leaked, should get scans any time now.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:44 pm

Nice, could we expect the manga to be ahead of the anime this time?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Abel Taylor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abel Taylor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:47 pm

Noah wrote:Nice, could we expect the manga to be ahead of the anime this time?
Maybe it could get a little ahead of the manga, but it'd have to be moving pretty fast. They have to show Trunks' escape, Black coming to the present, Zamasu, and Bulma building the time machine, to catach up. If Super continues this bi-weekly run it's been having, though, the manga could surpass it.
Hi! My name's Abel, and I'm pretty awesome.
VegettoEX wrote: Abel is pretty awesome.
SaiyaJedi wrote: Abel is the best contributor to this forum ever! He's the true Julian #1
Herms wrote: Abel is so awesome that I forgot how to speak Japanese.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:48 pm

How? The 1st chapter of F. Trunks arc only covered the 1st episode of the arc, and there are 8 episodes so far.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:35 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
How? The 1st chapter of F. Trunks arc only covered the 1st episode of the arc, and there are 8 episodes so far.
It also covered or eliminated what should be some scenes from the 2nd one. For example, with Goku already next to Bulma's house it cuts down on him needing to get there from Whis' planet. But, yeah, there's no way in a single chapter it'll get to where the anime is currently, even if most of the slice of life stuff isn't there.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:19 pm

Blowing through everything up to this point and having next chapter start off about Zeno would destroy the pacing. Not that the pacing is great to begin with, but that would just be really bad, even for a "promotional manga".

Depending on how Toyotaro adapts everything and what was in Toriyama's outline to begin with, making it to the end of Goku vs. Black seems like a moderately safe bet. As already mentioned, Beerus and them are already on Earth. If Trunks travels back without getting injured and passing out, Toyotaro could have Black follow almost immediately and leave just enough time for an explanation about him before he shows up in the present.

If we're lucky and some of the lesser things are condensed or excluded, again depending on what was in Toriyama's outline and what of the slice of life stuff is Toei' doing, we could maybe make it to Goku Beerus & Whis leaving for Universe 10. Maybe...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:24 pm

I guess:

Trunks vs black
Trunks escapes
Black wants to know what happend
On earth Trunks wakes up
Dabura buu explanation
Black = goku
Bulma dead
Trunks vs Goku
Black arrives on earth
(End of chapter)

samuo2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuo2 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:02 am

Does anybody heard about a rumor about the next chapter content leaked on 2chan ?

It's a really unsafe information, but the member said he just have his V-Jump, and is back with new information:
[spoiler]In the new chapter we would learn that an Hakaishin et Kaio Shins are linked. If Kaïo Shins dies, Hakaishin too.[/spoiler]

Pretty weird information that doesn't correspond at all with the anime version of the events proceedings, and the V-Jump should be out the 20th-21th isn't it ?
Don't want to trashtalk or repand misinformation so if anybody who skill Japanese is able to find the post, translate, and judge it as safe or unsafe, it would be neat !

Oh, I forgot, another information was post seveal hours later:
[spoiler]
ここは現状スレじゃなかったのか
未来で界王神はダーブラに殺されたので破壊神もいないことになってる
だから未来ではゴクウブラックが最強
A french member translated it like this:
I don't see this information on this thread so:
In the future, as Kaïo Shin was killed by Dabra, the Hakaishin disapeared too
That's why Gokû Black is the most powerfull in the future[/spoiler]
English isn't my native Language, please be understanding with faults and other grammatical mistakes, and don't hesitate to correct me !

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:28 am

If the schedule holds, and it has been pretty much clockwork accurate these last few months, the Korean scanlation of the chapter should leak a little later today. If/when it does, me and my fiance will be going over it for any worthwhile info, as usual.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:38 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:If the schedule holds, and it has been pretty much clockwork accurate these last few months, the Korean scanlation of the chapter should leak a little later today. If/when it does, me and my fiance will be going over it for any worthwhile info, as usual.
Bless you, TheDevilsCorpse for doing God's work

Chiki
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Chiki » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:41 am

samuo2 wrote:Does anybody heard about a rumor about the next chapter content leaked on 2chan ?

It's a really unsafe information, but the member said he just have his V-Jump, and is back with new information:
[spoiler]In the new chapter we would learn that an Hakaishin et Kaio Shins are linked. If Kaïo Shins dies, Hakaishin too.[/spoiler]

Pretty weird information that doesn't correspond at all with the anime version of the events proceedings, and the V-Jump should be out the 20th-21th isn't it ?
Don't want to trashtalk or repand misinformation so if anybody who skill Japanese is able to find the post, translate, and judge it as safe or unsafe, it would be neat !

[spoiler]
ここは現状スレじゃなかったのか
だから未来ではゴクウブラックが最強
This sounds horrific. Hopefully it isn't true.

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:57 am

Chiki wrote:
samuo2 wrote:Does anybody heard about a rumor about the next chapter content leaked on 2chan ?

[spoiler]
ここは現状スレじゃなかったのか
だから未来ではゴクウブラックが最強
This sounds horrific. Hopefully it isn't true.
Here is where I am insanely confused.

[spoiler]Say this is true. When the Kaioshin from Buu's original time was absorbed to become Fat Buu, East Kaioshin (or is the English translation really bad and they were Kaios?) took over to become the true Kaioshin, right? How did this instance not see the Hakaishin die? I get that him being absorbed isn't technically death, but then by that logic (with Buu sealed on Earth in the future) how .... how would this make sense?[/spoiler]

MY HEAD HURTS!

samuo2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuo2 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:25 am

Hm.. It' seems logic for me:

[spoiler]There is almost East Kaïo Shin remaining in our Timeline, all Kaïo Shins died excepted him. So Beerus won't die.
But in Trunk's Timeline, If East Kaïo Shin dies, there is any Kaïo Shin left, so Beerus dies.
I don't see where is the matter here :eh:

East Kaïo Shin keeps his function of East Kaïo Shin excepted that he is the only one to have an overall see of the Universe.[/spoiler]
English isn't my native Language, please be understanding with faults and other grammatical mistakes, and don't hesitate to correct me !

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:02 pm

samuo2 wrote:Hm.. It' seems logic for me:

[spoiler]There is almost East Kaïo Shin remaining in our Timeline, all Kaïo Shins died excepted him. So Beerus won't die.
But in Trunk's Timeline, If East Kaïo Shin dies, there is any Kaïo Shin left, so Beerus dies.
I don't see where is the matter here :eh:

East Kaïo Shin keeps his function of East Kaïo Shin excepted that he is the only one to have an overall see of the Universe.[/spoiler]
That makes sense... I always thought there was only one Kaioshin. So that flashback showing the 4 Kaioshins and their leader, "Dai Kaioshin" is canon, right? They are not Kaios, they are Kaioshins? For universe 7?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:09 pm

But we should first solve the old problem/answer that question... Why haven't the other Kaioshins been reborn yet?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

samuo2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuo2 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:12 pm

In the manga, we saw onlu South Kaïo Shin (who was absorbed by Pure Majin Buu/Kid Buu to become the same-one with big muscles), The Dai Kaïo Shin who was absorbed by Buu to become Innocent Buu/Fat Buu, and East Kaïo Shin.

The events we saw in the anime are correct, but aren't shows in the manga, only mentionned.

So yes, for Universe 7 (and probably all others) there is one Kaïo Shin for each cardinal Points (East, West, North, South) plus a Dai Kaïo Shin.
And during Buu's attack, he killed/absorbed all of them except the East Kaïo Shin who was the only remaining Kaïo Shin (as Kibito is an assistant) till the apparition of the Rou Dai Kaïoshin from the break Z-Sword.

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:49 pm

samuo2 wrote:In the manga, we saw onlu South Kaïo Shin (who was absorbed by Pure Majin Buu/Kid Buu to become the same-one with big muscles), The Dai Kaïo Shin who was absorbed by Buu to become Innocent Buu/Fat Buu, and East Kaïo Shin.

The events we saw in the anime are correct, but aren't shows in the manga, only mentionned.

So yes, for Universe 7 (and probably all others) there is one Kaïo Shin for each cardinal Points (East, West, North, South) plus a Dai Kaïo Shin.
And during Buu's attack, he killed/absorbed all of them except the East Kaïo Shin who was the only remaining Kaïo Shin (as Kibito is an assistant) till the apparition of the Rou Dai Kaïoshin from the break Z-Sword.
OK this definitely helps and makes sense, thank you. I can't wait to view the leak and read the translation. That you, Devil.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:55 pm

I'm gonna wait for confirmation before putting too much thought into this, but...
I don't see how this checks out. First off, which Supreme Kai is Beerus connected to? It should be the Grand Supreme Kai, connecting the God of Destruction with the (highest) God of Creation, but he's dead (well, he's in Buu)... Is Beerus connected to every Supreme Kai at once, then, so that as long as there's one alive he's alive? That's... too ridiculous for me.
inb4 it's true
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:57 pm

Alruneia wrote:I'm gonna wait for confirmation before putting too much thought into this, but...
I don't see how this checks out. First off, which Supreme Kai is Beerus connected to? It should be the Grand Supreme Kai, connecting the God of Destruction with the (highest) God of Creation, but he's dead (well, he's in Buu)... Is Beerus connected to every Supreme Kai at once, then, so that as long as there's one alive he's alive? That's... too ridiculous for me.
inb4 it's true
Perhaps Grand Supreme Kai (Shin, currently) took the title from the Dai Kaioshin when he was absorbed, presuming he was dead? Or he was appointed at some point. Just a theory, but I see why you would question this.