Ultimate physical peak theory

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Ultimate physical peak theory

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:13 pm

So I have a theory I want to share with you though it's doubtful Toei would think this far.

According to Super anime, Goku and Vegeta reached their physical peak in the RoSPT.

If someone can give the source than please do.

In a way of saying, there are two types of physical peak. A physical peak where it's still possible to break those walls known as limits even if it seems impossible and ultimate where it doesn't seem very likely to break those limits and you can only focus on skill, fighting intuition and intelligence.

So when Goku goes into Bluper, that is his ultimate physical peak strength. His true limit of strength. And it's possible that further transformations cannot go over this peak physical strength otherwise would give diminishing results similarly to Dark Souls 3 with 'soft caps' and this might include lesser transformations.

Dark Souls , a soft cap is when you put in for example points into health, the soft cap could be 50 and their may not be much of a difference between 50 and 60 health.

This theory would pretty much state, now matter how strong your base form is, you cannot go over your ultimate peak physical strength or even 'ultimate ultimate potential' and your transformation would close the gap between you and your base so in essence, it would be a soft cap where your ultimate transformation or even lesser would give diminishing results if that makes sense.

So just for an example, even if hypothetically Goku's base was as strong as Super Buu, even he goes to Bluper, his strength would not really be much greater than actual Goku because the Goku right now represents his true potential of strength that he would ever ever obtain. So in short, Bluper Goku's strength is his true limit and cannot go past this otherwise, just not easily.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Ultimate physical peak theory

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:10 pm

The Fact Checker thread usually has sources for Dragon Ball Super dialogue.
Episode 30 wrote:Vegeta: "We're already close to the limit of our strength. To be honest, no matter how much more we keep training, we only have very slight room for growth."
Goku: "What're you sayin'? There's that Monaka guy Beerus called the strongest he had fought. Even if we can only grow a little bit, if we don't try, we'll never close the gap between us and him!"

Significance: Apparently, Vegeta believes that he and Goku are reaching the upper-limit of their potential. No reason is given as to why.
Personally, I take Vegeta's statement as claiming their current methods of growth are dwindling in peak effectiveness. They need new challenges to progress, challenges that may be found in Champa's tournament. Training and practice can only do so much before you need to experience field work, so to speak. Hit provided the next step towards improving themselves for the future before they can reach their current endgame with Beerus. With a closer goal to leapfrog, they can work towards ideas they may have never considered before then. That may ultimately get them the faster results they desire.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:30 am

This is one of my problems with Super.

Z fighters don't have limits. They break them, not accept them....
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:13 am

That statement is probably an excuse to introduce more transformations to sell more merchandise.
Just kidding, I think it just signifies that the 3 years of training didn't benefit them much. They probably just surpassed Golden Freeza.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:07 pm

Vegeta and Goku have always had different perspectives about pushing their limits. I believe it was in Z where Goku says, paraphrased, any fighter can be great if he pushes himself. Where as Vegeta seemed to think fighters just are what they are.

Remember Vegeta also hit his supposed limit while training with Trunks. Vegeta peaked and Trunks surpassed him. Eventually Vegeta shattered that limit.

So Vegeta may be right but he may also be wrong.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:50 pm

What do you think of having an ultimate cap to your power

Keeps things balanced
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:59 am

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:This is one of my problems with Super.

Try telling that to every Z fighter who isn't a Saiyan. I've noticed that some people are more inclined to believe the humans never surpassed the Ginyu Force than admit that the Saiyans have uppermost plateaus which they can't surpass naturally. Breaking perceived boundaries seems to be a trait reserved primarily for Saiyans.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:23 am

Lionel wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:This is one of my problems with Super.

Try telling that to every Z fighter who isn't a Saiyan. I've noticed that some people are more inclined to believe the humans never surpassed the Ginyu Force than admit that the Saiyans have uppermost plateaus which they can't surpass naturally. Breaking perceived boundaries seems to be a trait reserved primarily for Saiyans.
:clap:

Thank-you, Saiyans shouldn't be inherently so special, they ain't Kai's, their race doesn't have a function with the universe in mind it undermines Goku and Vegeta's achievements if they are only stronger because they are saiyan. That's why the super-saiyan God's existence didn't make too much sense to me. "Why is there one?"
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:11 pm

I think it's an interesting theory.

During Z era, I maintain my idea the each given "stage", or form, has its own limits - a cap if you will: they have a ceiling of power they can reach and as they come close to it, their gains from training are increasingly less. Each new form provides them a new, higher cap: I usually compare the 3 year training before the androids, where Goku, specifically, didn't seem to have improved much, with the uncovering of grade 2 and 3 forms and mastering the transformation as such - each increases said power cap. And so on.

With that in mind, I'd say they have a limit in strength at a given moment.

However, despite that probably training with Whis pretty much exhausted their training with god ki, hence their little improvement before the tournament, the super saiyan blue transformation seems to work differently; and for me, that's where I see your theory coming in. Right now they reached their peak, which the blue form cannot further increase (maybe until they uncover a new form or follow a different training method, who knows?).
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.