Was Beerus basically about to commit suicide?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Was Beerus basically about to commit suicide?

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:06 am

When Goku and beerus were punching each other, their hits were making chain events that would destroy universe 7. The kais said ti'd destroy them (and beerus too). Even if you subscribe to the idea beerus is immune to a universal destroying attack and want to believe that>what was said in the show, he would have killed both of the supreme kais and thus killed himself. Why didn't he .....I don't know, try to avoid that? Why wouldn't a kai try to avoid that and say"Dude I'm about to die if you two don't stop so....yeah...save me and yourself by NOT destroying the universe." beerus was close to killing himself in that ridiculous plot point.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Re: Was Beerus basically about to commit suicide?

Post by apex_pretador » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:09 am

there is a reason why he nullified the blast.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:15 am

Perhaps he got too enthralled by his match with Goku? Despite his position, Beerus has the mentality of a petulant child who gets upset when things don't go his way. Take for instance the Super Dragon Balls. It would have been easy to alternatively propose that they simply look for the last one and use the wish to recreate U6's Earth for Champa, but what does Beerus do instead? He consents to a tournament with his precious food source at stake for "reasons" -- i.e. having an excuse to fight. He's like Goku and the Saiyans in that respect. They'll use any reason necessary if it means they can enjoy a tough fight.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:29 am

apex_pretador wrote:there is a reason why he nullified the blast.

Not blast, the punch wave ass pull thing. For all he knew the first few would have killed supreme kai. I doubt he'd know how much force would be there by then, it's not like this was tested. All he knows is he's doing harm to the universe to the point it'll die soon, and even goku knows.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:09 pm

It was stated that if they continued they would have killed each other.

So yeah, they were both so excited by the fight that they risked that.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Beerus, just like Goku, is a blood knight, and in the thrill of the battle, he lost his rationale as he was far too caught up in the excitement of Goku giving him one hell of a fight.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:39 am

Kaioshin said that "Not only us, Beerus and Goku too", so Beerus knew exactly what he was doing. He was perhaps too focused on his fight with Goku and wanted to see if he could push him even further, and it was with the blast that threatened to destroy the entire universe that things got too far.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:13 pm

I think he knew what he was doing
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller