The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kinisking
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by kinisking » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:38 am

DBZ Macky wrote:
kinisking wrote: Honestly, power levels are so subjective at this point that it's impossible to debate. Your guess is as good as mine .
I agree. But then again, these discussions wouldn't be half as fun if they'd be crystal clear :wink:
The only problem I have is that Toei is putting extra effort to make sure we know that they don't give a shit.
In the previous arcs they at least explained the characters' power ups through some plot device like the RoSaT and the Saichorou's unlock potential. Now we get Tagoma reaching ~SSJ2 level by IDK doing push-ups sit-ups and drinking plenty of juice?
I think the biggest problem is that we don't know what's Toriyama, Toei, Toyotoro (I'll never spell that name right lmao) idea's and what's not. Imagine watching DBZ and not knowing... People would be thinking Vegeta was stronger than ss3 Gotenks because of what he did inside boo's body in filler.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:31 pm

Goku vs Shaggy (Scooby Doo)

-All-out eating contest
-Morals off
-Both are pork-blood-lusted
-Arena is Nathan's Hot Dog Competition
VS
WHO WILL WIN?
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:43 am

Freeza Heika wrote:Goku vs Shaggy (Scooby Doo)

-All-out eating contest
-Morals off
-Both are pork-blood-lusted
-Arena is Nathan's Hot Dog Competition
Shaggy's stoner appetite is no match for the Saiyan metabolism. Goku continues eating long after Shaggy's stomach runs out of room.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:31 am

Didn't Goku once eat weeks' worth of food that Roshi had stored up? Also, didn't he eat so much once that Roshi had to use all of his tournament winnings to pay for it?... and also run the restaurant out of food in the process?... and then say he would've kept eating if they hadn't run out first!? Shaggy eats a whole lot by ordinary human standards, but I think Goku is way too much for him even if it's just in terms of an eating contest. XD

(Some people might go "hurr durr toonforce!" as if that's even a thing, but even if you believe that's a thing, you can't seriously argue that it applies to Shaggy any more than it does to Goku considering that they both tend to eat more than their stomach would physically be able to contain in real life...)
-Morals off
...and now Shaggy is in danger of becoming part of the eating contest in a way he hadn't planned on...

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:49 pm

Pantalones wrote:Didn't Goku once eat weeks' worth of food that Roshi had stored up? Also, didn't he eat so much once that Roshi had to use all of his tournament winnings to pay for it?... and also run the restaurant out of food in the process?... and then say he would've kept eating if they hadn't run out first!? Shaggy eats a whole lot by ordinary human standards, but I think Goku is way too much for him even if it's just in terms of an eating contest. XD

(Some people might go "hurr durr toonforce!" as if that's even a thing, but even if you believe that's a thing, you can't seriously argue that it applies to Shaggy any more than it does to Goku considering that they both tend to eat more than their stomach would physically be able to contain in real life...)
-Morals off
...and now Shaggy is in danger of becoming part of the eating contest in a way he hadn't planned on...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love this thread
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:42 pm

How about this: If every DB character were to participate in a rap battle tournament, who would win?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:53 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:How about this: If every DB character were to participate in a rap battle tournament, who would win?
I think it should be obvious.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:40 am

Hit [Final Improvement] vs. Base Black
Hit [Final Improvement] vs. Super Saiyan Rosé Black

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:23 am

Khin wrote:Hit [Final Improvement] vs. Base Black
Hit wins easily.
Khin wrote:Hit [Final Improvement] vs. Super Saiyan Rosé Black
Hit loses in a tough battle.

I believe that SSJR Black >= SSJB KKx10 Goku.
kinisking wrote:People would be thinking Vegeta was stronger than ss3 Gotenks because of what he did inside boo's body in filler.
I re-watched that episode and I don't think it contradicts anything. Goku and Vegeta simply got in some critical hits due to difference in experience and possibly strategic acumen. They just managed to survive until Gohan and co. turned into cakes.

Goku being the best in BoG can also be explained by Gotenks not being compared to since he's a fusion and Gohan losing his power to being slightly below Goku (This MUST be the case since I don't think its possible for Gohan to lose so much power between BoG and RoF).

There, Son Goku IS the strongest after all.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:47 am

DBZ Macky wrote:
Khin wrote:Hit [Final Improvement] vs. Base Black
Hit wins easily.

kinisking wrote:People would be thinking Vegeta was stronger than ss3 Gotenks because of what he did inside boo's body in filler.
I re-watched that episode and I don't think it contradicts anything. Goku and Vegeta simply got in some critical hits due to difference in experience and possibly strategic acumen. They just managed to survive until Gohan and co. turned into cakes.

Goku being the best in BoG can also be explained by Gotenks not being compared to since he's a fusion and Gohan losing his power to being slightly below Goku (This MUST be the case since I don't think its possible for Gohan to lose so much power between BoG and RoF).

There, Son Goku IS the strongest after all.
See the thing is Gohan and Gotenks were so much stronger than Goku that they shouldn't have been able to get hits in regardless of their experience. Also, any serious hit by Gotenks or Gohan would have one hit ko'd them. Piccolo's special beam canon taking out Gotenks even for a second was also pretty ridiculous. The only way that can be explained is if they were weaker than the original's. Even without considering that, I know there are other filler moments that completely disregard powerlevels. I can't remember right now though.

I wouldn't be surprised by that. Goku also got stronger too so maybe they met halfway.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:57 am

DBZ Macky wrote:[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Huh ? Where do you base that at ? Rosé Black doesn't even look that way stronger compared to Super Saiyan Blue Goku/Vegeta.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:30 am

Khin wrote:
DBZ Macky wrote:[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Huh ? Where do you base that at ? Rosé Black doesn't even look that way stronger compared to Super Saiyan Blue Goku/Vegeta.
I don't have any basis or proof for that. It just seems to me that it'd make sense that SSJR Black > Hit >= SSJB KKx10.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:35 am

So far, Black Rose hasnt shown anything that places him above anime Hit. Manga sure, he kicks Hit's butt. But anime? Black Rose gets killed.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:38 am

DBZ Macky wrote:I don't have any basis or proof for that. It just seems to me that it'd make sense that SSJR Black > Hit >= SSJB KKx10.
Why does it make sense ? Goku was actually putting up a fight based on the NEP whereas he was utterly stomped against even 0.5 Tokitobashi Hit, let alone the final improvement One. Until contradicted, i believe:

Base Black ~< Blue Goku/Vegeta [Tournament] < Blue Goku/Vegeta [Trunks Arc] << Rosé Black <<<<<< SSBKKx10 Goku ~< Hit [Full Power]

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:52 am

Mr.Satan vs Bear Bandit

SSJ2 Future Trunks (Manga) vs Super Boo (Piccolo-absorbed)

SSJ Trunks and SSJ Goten (Boo Arc, Pre-RoSaT) vs SSJ Gohan (Cell Games)

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:07 pm

LightBing wrote:Mr.Satan vs Bear Bandit

• Satan loses, i don't think he have enough raw power to take down Bear Bandit.
  • My recent numbers put Super Saiyan 2 Trunks inferior to even regular Evil Boo, so he loses horribly.
  • I believe the kids rivaled Gohan's power only after they trained in the Room of Spirit and Time, before that i put them in the same league as Cell Games Goku who is considerably weaker than Gohan. I think the power and skill gap is more than enough for Gohan to easily dispatch them both.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:08 pm

First fight: Fisticuffs or weapons allowed? Mr. Satan uses his exploding Game Boy (well, the "I've got a present for you" attack) and his gun to win if the latter.

Second fight: I say (FP)SSJ2 Future Trunks. He was on par with an SSJ3 Goku who's been training with Whis and in the time chamber for around five years. That should put him far enough above Super Buu to make Buuccolo's extra brain power not matter much.

Third fight: Gohan. I don't believe Goten and Trunks are all that strong before the time chamber. Sure, as Mighty Mask they put up an okay battle against 18... who was in all likelihood not going at full power so as to not kill her opponent and get disqualified. But even if she was going at 100 %, that'd put Goten and Trunks together at around 18's strength, which is well below SSJ Teen Gohan.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:09 pm

LightBing wrote:SSJ2 Future Trunks (Manga) vs Super Boo (Piccolo-absorbed)

• My recent numbers put Super Saiyan 2 Trunks inferior to even regular Evil Boo, so he loses horribly.
  • I believe the kids rivaled Gohan's power only after they trained in the Room of Spirit and Time, before that i put them in the same league as Cell Games Goku who is considerably weaker than Gohan. I think the power and skill gap is more than enough for Gohan to easily dispatch them both.
Last edited by Khin on Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:20 pm

- Regular martial arts champion vs a ten foot tall sentient beat with a sword. I think I'm gonna go with the bear.
- Uhhhhh...
- Trunks and Goten don't even match up to Gohan after their stint in the time chamber. Gohan wins easily.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Wow, everyone is underestimating Mr.Satan. He won the Tenkaichi Budokai with weak competition, it's still a great achievement. We know he's ultra fast for human standards, when he beat those guys that shot the dog.
I could see him breaking down Bear Bandit without taking even a hit. Knowing martial arts, he may just hit stronger opponents in weaker spots. Those who can't strengthen themselves with ki are quite vulnerable.
It's not even certain Bear Bandit is stronger, Mr.Satan had the record in the punching machine.