DBZ Blu Ray Season Sets vs Sailor Moon Classic/R Blu Ray

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

DBZ Blu Ray Season Sets vs Sailor Moon Classic/R Blu Ray

Post by coola » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:08 am

Hello
There are some people who are not happy with how Funimation treat DBZ, but, in my opinion, it is still better than what Viz is doing for Sailor Moon, they butchered Sailor Moon Crystal by playing with masters, but their release of old anime is especially bad, sad thing is, people still buy it, since it is Sailor Moon, do you think DBZ got worse treatement in US than Sailor Moon? While Orange Bricks and Blu Ray Season Sets were not perfect, they still dont look as bad as SM, plus...you've got Dragon Boxes (Limited, but still) While Sailor Moon fans are stuck with..this
Classic:
R:
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: DBZ Blu Ray Season Sets vs Sailor Moon Classic/R Blu Ray

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:12 am

How many of these threads do you need?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:44 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:How many of these threads do you need?
I ve only put similar thread at Super, talking about what if Viz took rights for Super, but..if its against rules, I'm sorry :oops:
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Vorige Waffe
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vorige Waffe » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:06 pm

We have a thread about this already. The bluray releases for both shows suck, we know.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:26 pm

Sailor Moon despite having its issues is at least in 4:3 and therefore Better by default.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

qjz123
Regular

Post by qjz123 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:43 pm

This has been beat to death. At least we have Kai, just buy that and deal with it.
Kendamu wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:If you put out untouched footage, someone like me is going to take it and turn it into a perfect release. Someone not like me is going to do the same and share it instead. You give pirates the opportunity to do better than companies and people will jump on that so fast.
This is an 80s/90s animated all-ages show that was popular amongst kids. It's not some potent super weapon that might fall into the wrong hands that we have to protect from evil.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:38 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:Sailor Moon despite having its issues is at least in 4:3 and therefore Better by default.
I think I disagree. I detest the cropping, but the footage itself is way better than this, which is extremely smeared and blurred, even beyond the first few Orange Bricks.

But I agree, Kai is a better choice than both. :lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:43 pm

I have Kai for my "ultimate HD version" of DBZ and the English dub is brilliant. I do enjoy the new dub of Sailor Moon despite the video problems.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:44 pm

I thought that I'd be into Sailor Moon on Hulu -- seeing as I watched it as a kid in the mornings (nothing else was on). Well, I guess they totally got rid of the old dub and replaced it with a new dub. Do these sets have the old dub at all or just the new one?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:24 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:I thought that I'd be into Sailor Moon on Hulu -- seeing as I watched it as a kid in the mornings (nothing else was on). Well, I guess they totally got rid of the old dub and replaced it with a new dub. Do these sets have the old dub at all or just the new one?
No, the old dub was basically like our Ocean cast dub of Z. It was heavily edited and wouldn't sync with the uncut footage, so it was dropped.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:03 pm

The old dub of S & SuperS (Seasons 3 & 4) are visually uncut on the old Pioneer releases which reminds me of how DB/Z/GT are all visually uncut with the same shitty scripts that aired on TV. In DB's case i know there were some cases were the TV & DVD's dubs had line differences, but with Sailor Moon they literally slapped on the TV dub and restored the missing footage and called it a day.

jelleline89
Beyond Newbie

Post by jelleline89 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:55 am

DB_Fan1991 wrote:...but with Sailor Moon they literally slapped on the TV dub and restored the missing footage and called it a day.
Not exactly. By Pioneer's request, Cloverway dubbed S & SuperS fully and only removed certain pieces of footage at the end. This is technically smart since they didn't have to go back and track down each individual VA yo come back to the studio to dub removed lines.