"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:25 pm

How do we know Bardock doesn't receive a huge power boost? You're basically saying the entirety of Xenoverse cannot take place because people like Nappa or Freeza are too weak.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:32 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:How do we know Bardock doesn't receive a huge power boost? You're basically saying the entirety of Xenoverse cannot take place because people like Nappa or Freeza are too weak.
I didn't say that. I said why was Bardock saved and personally brainwashed by Towa given all the more powerful warriors across history who did far more than Bardock. Why didn't she chose Broly, the Legendary Super Saiyan? Why didn't she save Kid Buu from the Spirit Bomb and brainwash him? Why didn't she save Freeza from Resurrection 'F' or even Mecha Freeza? Why didn't she pull Cell before Gohan killed him? What was so special about Bardock, a no named low class warrior other than he's Goku's daddy?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:38 am

HeroR wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:How do we know Bardock doesn't receive a huge power boost? You're basically saying the entirety of Xenoverse cannot take place because people like Nappa or Freeza are too weak.
I didn't say that. I said why was Bardock saved and personally brainwashed by Towa given all the more powerful warriors across history who did far more than Bardock. Why didn't she chose Broly, the Legendary Super Saiyan? Why didn't she save Kid Buu from the Spirit Bomb and brainwash him? Why didn't she save Freeza from Resurrection 'F' or even Mecha Freeza? Why didn't she pull Cell before Gohan killed him? What was so special about Bardock, a no named low class warrior other than he's Goku's daddy?
Given Broly's track record, I would not pick him as a puppet. Buu is in the same category.
Freeza and Cell can't be trusted (though Demigra used all four of them).
If you wanted Saiyans who would work for you willingly, I would have had Nappa & Raditz instead. They have nothing to lose and I'm sure they would LOVE to get back at Goku and Vegeta.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:45 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Given Broly's track record, I would not pick him as a puppet. Buu is in the same category.
Freeza and Cell can't be trusted (though Demigra used all four of them).
If you wanted Saiyans who would work for you willingly, I would have had Nappa & Raditz instead. They have nothing to lose and I'm sure they would LOVE to get back at Goku and Vegeta.
Since Bardock is enslaved against his will, I don't cooperation is an issue, especially since no one has shown to be able to fight Mira's mind control, at least in Xenoverse. Although, Kid Buu maybe too crazy to control other than just dropping him somewhere and picking him up once he finished destroying the planet.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:54 am

So I saw that this is gonna have mini games? Sign me up!
Anime Kitten wrote:
HeroR wrote:And I will never get the appeal of Time Breaker Bardock. Of all the powerful warriors, Towa choses some random low class Saiyans whose only notably contribution to history is being Goku's dad and getting killed personally by Freeza.
Besides being arguably one of the most popular characters in the franchise, that's the point.
Gyt Kaliba wrote:So just as a memory refresher, what are the pre-order bonuses for this game again? Just off the top of my head, I remember the early access to the Super version of Future Trunks, I believe Goku Black, and Mercenary Tao's pillar as a 'vehicle' item - was that it?
Yep, that's it.
Do the pre-orders cost more money than buying it "normally" after it's released?
Grimlock wrote:NEW TRAILER! AND IT CONFIRMS ANIMATED CUTSCENES ARE BACK!

This game is beautiful! And Mira speaks more! :clap:
It doesn't confirm more cut scenes than one, does it? How many were there in Xenoverse 1? I never really played the game much...

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:19 am

sangofe wrote:Do the pre-orders cost more money than buying it "normally" after it's released?
I don't know about the rest of the world, but the retailer in Czech Republic I preordered the game from has it for 20 % less than is the standard in my currency.
So I get it for 49 dollars instead of 60. But depends on Sony, resolving my issue, as it looks that I will probably switch PS4 for XBOX and will cancel the preorder.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:08 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So just as a memory refresher, what are the pre-order bonuses for this game again? Just off the top of my head, I remember the early access to the Super version of Future Trunks, I believe Goku Black, and Mercenary Tao's pillar as a 'vehicle' item - was that it? I'm talking about stuff specifically in the game itself mind you, not stuff like the steelcase we had last time, or a figure, or anything like that. Also, is any of it dependent upon where you order it from?
DBS Trunks is only if you get Deluxe Edition (at Gamestop?), The rest are correct though.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:21 am

Helios518 wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:So just as a memory refresher, what are the pre-order bonuses for this game again? Just off the top of my head, I remember the early access to the Super version of Future Trunks, I believe Goku Black, and Mercenary Tao's pillar as a 'vehicle' item - was that it? I'm talking about stuff specifically in the game itself mind you, not stuff like the steelcase we had last time, or a figure, or anything like that. Also, is any of it dependent upon where you order it from?
DBS Trunks is only if you get Deluxe Edition (at Gamestop?), The rest are correct though.
What, so you don't get Future trunks from DBS if you don't order from Gamestop? Jeez, isn't there one way to get all the in-game extras?

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:25 am

sangofe wrote:
Helios518 wrote:
What, so you don't get Future trunks from DBS if you don't order from Gamestop? Jeez, isn't there one way to get all the in-game extras?
DBS Trunks it's an anticipated access, which means that you can unlock it in the game at some point with no need to pay (I assume). And it is promoted by Bandai Namco, so it's not a Gamestop exclusive. There isn't even Gamestop here in Spain and you get your Trunks no matter where you preorder your Deluxe edition.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:52 am

From what info I have, I will get the Trunks from normal day-one edition preorder. Was even asured by the seller himself.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:44 am

HeroR wrote:
Maybe her magic wasn't strong enough to control someone stronger than Bardock at the time she brainwashed him. Plus, Bardock is a Saiyan, and Saiyans are said to have bottomless dormant powers, so they can take him while he is a weak fighter & then turn him into a really powerful warrior.

Either way, we will most likely get an explanation in XV2 about why Bardock was chosen out of all people. Don't forget that the idea of Masked Bardock is taken from Dragon Ball Online, where Towa & Mira were interested in collecting Goku's DNA, and Bardock is the father of Goku. In XenoVerse, this wasn't their objective, but we don't know if anything has changed in XenoVerse 2, so let's wait & see.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:41 am

Just seeing the tiny bits of the story pumps me up! Say... should we call the story Dragonball Online: Kai?
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:15 am

Does anyone know if the digital pre-order includes Goku Black rather than Super Trunks? I like him, but I feel like he should just be a costume for Future/Time Patrol Trunks. Also, Goku Black is fucking awesome.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:22 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Maybe her magic wasn't strong enough to control someone stronger than Bardock at the time she brainwashed him. Plus, Bardock is a Saiyan, and Saiyans are said to have bottomless dormant powers, so they can take him while he is a weak fighter & then turn him into a really powerful warrior.

Either way, we will most likely get an explanation in XV2 about why Bardock was chosen out of all people. Don't forget that the idea of Masked Bardock is taken from Dragon Ball Online, where Towa & Mira were interested in collecting Goku's DNA, and Bardock is the father of Goku. In XenoVerse, this wasn't their objective, but we don't know if anything has changed in XenoVerse 2, so let's wait & see.
She was manipulating people as strong as Fat Buu in Xenoverse. So it isn't power. Plus, just because you're a Saiyan doesn't mean you're special or have bottomless dormant powers, look at Raditz. Out of the entire race, only Vegeta, Goku, and their hybrid children have bottomless dormant powers. For everyone else, being 4000 on the power scale was considered an elite.
Kanassa wrote:

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:39 am

Chelentano wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Helios518 wrote:
DBS Trunks it's an anticipated access, which means that you can unlock it in the game at some point with no need to pay (I assume). And it is promoted by Bandai Namco, so it's not a Gamestop exclusive. There isn't even Gamestop here in Spain and you get your Trunks no matter where you preorder your Deluxe edition.
Thanks for elaborating. Reason why I said GameStop is at least in the U.S it's the only one of the two first party ways to get the deluxe edition the other being digitally on the console store so I just assumed it was the same with the other countries except with their GameStop equivalent.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:42 am

Yeah, so far as I can tell, someplace like Amazon will net you the same stuff from the Day One edition. I ordered from GameStop last time just to be sure, but I'll probably just go with Amazon this time around.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JimmyRustam
Beyond Newbie

Post by JimmyRustam » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:53 am

74 characteres have been revealed:
https://youtu.be/cHWPdJ4Bz2c

Edit: There are still like 28 locked slots, so 74+28= 102 Characteres confirmed (?)

desu
Beyond Newbie

Post by desu » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:19 am

JimmyRustam wrote:74 characteres have been revealed:

Edit: There are still like 28 locked slots, so 74+28= 102 Characteres confirmed (?)
I'm so, so sad :cry: , I tried to be optimistic but I can't anymore... I don't even care how this was leaked, I just... can't.

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:42 am

JimmyRustam wrote:74 characteres have been revealed:

Well damn, I wish the time breaker versions were just variations instead of their own character slots. And it looks like we won't be able to have Goku go from base to Blue either

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:00 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Why does PC get it later? D:
Since devs primarily make video games for living room consoles, they usually take time to tweak the PC version to make sure that it runs without any hiccups.
That's not the issue here.