Third Pillar Movie 1 Dub

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Friezafan120
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Friezafan120 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:14 am

Well, since no one seems to be auditioning, here's Kame-sennin. I hope more people will come once the other dub is finished.

http://media.putfile.com/Kame-sennin

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:13 am

Well I might have some spare time. so I might audition for Kurririn or something, we'll see.
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

KinoFourpaws
Regular

Post by KinoFourpaws » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:26 pm

Friezafan120 wrote:Well, since no one seems to be auditioning, here's Kame-sennin. I hope more people will come once the other dub is finished.

http://media.putfile.com/Kame-sennin
*pops up from hiding*

Hmm. That's an interesting take on Kame-sen'nin's voice. I like it a lot, myself! :D Hope Thanos thinks the same, if he's still interested in doing the project... I notice he hasn't exactly been posting much on this thread of his in regards to that... o-o
Last edited by KinoFourpaws on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Art, etc. links taken down for now. Will be updated at some point. I dunno.

I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE D:

Steam handle: KinoFourpaws. Want to shoot up some zambees?

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:43 am

Yeah, I love your Kame-sennin, you've got it. Yeah, I've been busy. No worries, the project continues. Let's hear those auditions! I can't exactly do anything without a full cast... Also, I would love to, after this dub is done, maybe start a small, amateur dubbing company/group, faithfully dubbing various series outside of Dragon Ball. And maybe someday start dubbing the TV series.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by chibi_goten » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:24 am

Big ambitions.
- Scott

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:00 am

I'd say they're conceivable ambitions; what I mean by small dubbing company, I meant, no more than simply having a website and using the cast gathered to dub everything. And I'd call it more of a boredom killer than an "ambition".

Friezafan120
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Friezafan120 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:57 pm

I'm very interested in being part of that cast Thanos. Also, just a quick question, do you plan on making a trailer for your dub in similar fashion to the Movie 3 one?

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:50 pm

Friezafan120 wrote:I'm very interested in being part of that cast Thanos. Also, just a quick question, do you plan on making a trailer for your dub in similar fashion to the Movie 3 one?
Sweet dude. Glad to hear it. :)

I'd love to do a trailer once I get the ball rolling. :) By the way, everyone says I do a flawless Ocean Dub Kame-sennin, but ironically, it's not the voice I want for him (Friezafan's is better.)

Friezafan120
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Friezafan120 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:18 pm

Oh quick question, do you plan on using the original Japanese music Thanos, or maybe plan on using different music of your choice?

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:16 pm

I plan to use the Japanese music. The whole idea of the "Third Pillar" (that's what I'm calling our "company"/team) dub, is to faithfully project the anime in regards to the original work. Keeping the characters' names, having Bulma call Goku "Son", and so on would hold little significance using new music.

Friezafan120
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Friezafan120 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:18 pm

Ok, cool. Just curious.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:11 pm

You know, despite the fact that this is a good idea, this is the wrong time for it. Maybe the R29 dub and this one could combine (as in R29 would do this one next with thanos on the team)

Hope this isn't too big of a gravedig, and that it's a decent contribution

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:27 pm

I am nothing resembling satisfied with this, but I put it up anyway...
Auds that suck....
Basically everyone that isn't already taken. And if someone's in there that is... I must have overlooked :(. I'll probably wind up redoing it though... there are some I know I can do better. And I really read Bulma's line by accident... so the acting is very OOC... :oops:
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Randio

Post by Randio » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:59 pm

I would like to participate, but I don't know exactly how it works. And then there is the problem that I'm Dutch.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:41 am

I'd love to help with this any way I can but I am not sure how well I can voice these characters. That said if you guys need another VA I'd be willing to try it.

EDIT: Well, I've recorded auditions for Goku, Kuririn, and Gyu-Mao, but my FTP is acting funky so I cant upload them right now. I'm a bit disappointed though, my Goku anbd Krillin sound exceptionally similar.

edit #2: Okay I gave up on my sites FTP behaving tonight so for now heres Geocities, I'll have this on better space as soon as godaddy.com gets my site back up. http://www.geocities.com/laserkidprime/

KinoFourpaws
Regular

Post by KinoFourpaws » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:13 pm

laserkid wrote:I'd love to help with this any way I can but I am not sure how well I can voice these characters. That said if you guys need another VA I'd be willing to try it.

EDIT: Well, I've recorded auditions for Goku, Kuririn, and Gyu-Mao, but my FTP is acting funky so I cant upload them right now. I'm a bit disappointed though, my Goku anbd Krillin sound exceptionally similar.

edit #2: Okay I gave up on my sites FTP behaving tonight so for now heres Geocities, I'll have this on better space as soon as godaddy.com gets my site back up. http://www.geocities.com/laserkidprime/
Pardon me for intruding (and sorry if it seems like I'm trying to direct you away from this particular project with this query), but did you say you've got an FTP set up for sharing files?

If I may request, we who are working on the Room 29 fan dub are trying to set up our own FTP for the Movie 3 project. None of us are really experienced with it, but if you're pretty good with it, would you mind lending a hand or giving some pointers for putting up a workable FTP? It's pretty important that we be able to use one and we'd much appreciate the assistance... ^^;

Sorry for cutting in like that. I don't mean to distract anyone who's interested in this particular fan dub from the project going on here... :oops:
Art, etc. links taken down for now. Will be updated at some point. I dunno.

I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE D:

Steam handle: KinoFourpaws. Want to shoot up some zambees?

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:15 am

no worries but uh its not a FPT server my personal websiteultrapublications.com)'s FTP uploads wasnt working. If you need temporary space to upload files though contact me via PM and I can see about getting you guys some temporary space.

Friezafan120
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Friezafan120 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:55 pm

Hey Thanos, just wondering, do you have a copy of the script you could possibly send me? If you do, I'll give you my email address.
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."

Friezafan120
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Friezafan120 » Sun May 20, 2007 4:52 pm

Hey Thanos, it's been awhile, are you still interested in this project?
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Mon May 21, 2007 3:54 pm

I've been pretty busy but if you post the script I'll get on it when I get the chance.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.