What Do YOU Think The Next Arc Will Be?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scarz
I Live Here

Re: What Do YOU Think The Next Arc Will Be?

Post by Scarz » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:03 pm

Chuquita wrote:Planet Salad please! I want to meet the king that reminds Kabe of Vegeta.
This please! And they should bring the whole gang along as a sort of mini vacation.

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Probably multiverse tournament.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:34 pm

Or maybe whatever AND a Jaco spin-off series.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:57 pm

What might happen: Goku & Vegeta visit Planet Salad to help Cabba with a problem.
Wishful thinking: 17 and 18 go to find about their past live before being modified by Dr. Gero.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:20 pm

I'd love for them to do something with the other characters for awhile, and put Goku and Vegeta on hold till the next arc. Though, they probably won't do that.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:31 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:I don't get why so many of you want to see Planet Sadal when there is no reason to go there. We know Saiyans are good and have not gone Super Saiyan apart from Cabba so I dont know what is so fascinating.
Of course there isn't a reason to go there yet, otherwise, we'd be there in this story arc. The reason we want Planet Sadal is because it would be a tremendous opportunity for world building, and possibly a creative new space villain. As I said in my post, world building is a major deficiency, and has plagued Dragon Ball since the RR arc ended.
Retired.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:14 am

Goku and Vegeta go to Planet Salad to get the Super Dragon Balls to restore Future Trunks timeline. Someone in Universe 6 tries to use the Super Dragon Ball for his/her evil ways.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:58 am

Visiting Planet Salad seems to be the most frequently agreed upon basis for the next arc. I don't know what kind of antagonist or worthwhile combat scenarios it would bring as we likely already saw the best fighters Universe 6 has to offer. Unless the means for attaining Super Saiyan and further transformations were relayed by Cabba, no one could oppose Goku and Vegeta sans Hit and the arc would be centred around expanding the lore, not that I have any qualms with it.

I subscribe to the idea of expanding upon the Makaioshins and the world they live in. We have very little factual information concerning the Makai except for what we saw of Akkuman and Dabura, both of whom aren't even Makaioshin themselves.

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:13 am

Hopefully a big trouble at planet Salad, with the King of the planet gone wild (maybe mentally controlled by someone-else, who is going to be revealed later in the arc).

Cabba calls for help, Vegeta accepts the request and the Z team goes on a mission, with a serie of adventures & fights unfolding, till a major reveal of who's behind all the chaos.

Hopefully Hit would have a part on it too.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:40 am

Definitely an arc about other gods..

Riczi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Riczi » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:48 am

Super Zamasu will evolve into Demigra and it will connect DBS with Xenoverse :)

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:27 am

I also really want to see Planet Sadal. It would be cool if it turned out Cabba is one of the weakest Saiyan out there but he was the only one Vados could recruit.
What I would like to see happening is that when Cabba went back to Sadal, he told the king about the new transformations he discovered from U7's Saiyans. He tried to insist telling it to every Saiyan but the King was afraid of it because he has ancient knowledge of it as it was a secret kept by his ancestors. Then we get to know some U6 Saiyan lore and what happened to their tail. Also some lore about the original SSG and the war that happened between good and evil Saiyans. Would be cool to see flashbacks of that war, that was probably won by evil Saiyans in U7 and by good ones in U6. I think in that war, in U7, the legendary Super Saiyan also appeared and won the war for evil Saiyans but destroyed Sadal in the process
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:18 am

A couple guesses

Something involving Universe 6 (but not a tournament)
Something involving the Makaioshin
Something involving Zalama

And hopefully whatever it is it is past the end of Z.
Doctor. wrote:What I think/kinda hope will happen:
A visit to Planet Salad and something will happen with Cabba. Hit may appear.

What I want to happen:
Zen Boo ditches DBM, turns blue or yellow or some other color, and becomes U6's version of Boo.
Seriously speaking I really wouldn't mind an expanded origin of Buu. Toriyama retconned Buu's origin from being a creation of Bibidi, so what if our Buu was one twelfth (or maybe one eighteenth) of a stronger being that couldn't be defeated, but they managed to split it into pieces and scattered the across the multiverse. If the arc was after the end of Z it could also be an interesting first arc that involves Uub.
LongLostSaiyan wrote:I'm thinking there will be some filler where the gang travel to u6 to see Planet Sadal, Trunks stays with them as he wants to participate in one last Universal tournament before he leaves to get stronger. Universal Arc comes around, new enemy appears near the end of the tournament.
I doubt Trunks is staying around, he's not even in the current ED.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:58 am

What I think? I don't really have any ideas for what I think it'll be. I think there'll be next to no timeskips. No design changes, no nothing, Super is still stuck in a time distortion where nothing ever changes.
What I wish would happen: After the Zamasu arc finishes and the future is restored with the help of the present Super Dragon Balls, Future Trunks and Future Mai remain in the future, starting a family and yadda yadda. In the present, nothing important happens, so we have slice of life episodes for a good while, covering Bulla's birth, Goten, Trunks and Marron finally growing up, some more Whis training for Goku and Vegeta, some Gohan and Piccolo action... while time passes and leads us to Age 784. Then they remake EoZ. At this point we're in January/February 2017. The manga has finished the Zamasu arc and has also told people to just go read the last chapters of the original manga again, so the manga now starts on the new arc, while the anime begins covering some of what happens after Goku leaves with Uub. There's at least one episode where Goku and Uub go to Uub's village and explain the situation at the tournament while the other Z Fighters deal with Goku's departure in different ways. Then, at some point, maybe even the next episode after that, Beerus and/or Whis appear and pull the whole thing back together, because something's come to their attention which requires Goku and Vegeta. That's when the next arc really begins. It could be anything from a Salad trip to the Otherverse Tournament, I don't really care, but it would be how Super would free itself from EoZ's events and begin on a limitless journey.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:29 pm

We just had a evil Kaioshin (Zamasu), so I doubt we will ever see a Makaioshin for a while.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:47 pm

What I want it to be: An adaption of the Jaco The Galactic Patrolman manga.

What it will be: A filler arc featuring Goku and/or Vegeta saving the day from a non-threatening generic doomsday villain while everyone else either cheers on or sits out.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:41 pm

Future Other World Tournament

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:32 am

But seriously, this series seems to be following a pattern. I predict the next arc will be a mini-filler arc featuring Zeno and his quest for a friend. This will transition to the tournament arc. After this, we will get another mini-filler arc. Lastly, we will have the next main arc: the long-awaited Uub one. So far, we've gotten a throwback to the Namek arc through Frieza's return, as well as a throwback to the Android saga with Trunks' return, so now all that's left is a throwback to Buu.

Personally, I wish we had Toriyama's take on a demon realm arc, as well as the official introduction of Makaioshin. It seems like such a fun story idea to work with. Then again, with all these universes and Hakaishin, I guess they've replaced this idea.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:01 am

3 storys i want to see :D

1.A story about the 6 universes destroyed by Omniking some has survived and want to take revenge

2.Vegeta goes to Planet Salad to become the King of the Saiyans

3.Beerus & Co has broken the rules and some gods wants to punish them commanded by Omniking

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:04 am

If the King Of All ends up defeating Zamasu Black, then I think it's going to lead into the multiverse tournament. I would like a Universe 6 Sadal arc before the tournament stuff. The question is, though, what type of villain or enemy can surpass Zamasu/Goku Black? Probably a showdown with Champa would be the most fitting.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.