Do you think Trunks will kill Trunks from the new timeline?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Do you think Trunks will kill Trunks from the new timeline?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:01 pm

You know, to take his Mai?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Do you think Trunks will kill Trunks from the new timeline?

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:02 pm

No, I think Trunks and Mai are comitting double suicide once they reach the new timeline and left smiling just not to worry everyone else.

Either that or Whis lied to them and just killed them.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:15 pm

Doctor. wrote:No, I think Trunks and Mai are comitting double suicide once they reach the new timeline and left smiling just not to worry everyone else.

That'd be hilarious. :lol:
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:52 pm

I think he will watch over his counterpart from a distance, to ensure that nothing bad will happen. I'd like to see an OVA like this.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:54 pm

Mnich wrote:I think he will watch over his counterpart from a distance, to ensure that nothing bad will happen. I'd like to see an OVA like this.
He will dye his hair pink as it was in DBZ so the two of them can be recognized :lol:
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:55 pm

Doctor. wrote:No, I think Trunks and Mai are comitting double suicide once they reach the new timeline and left smiling just not to worry everyone else.

Nah, Trunks clearly has a form of reverse PTSD where some more chaos is enough to freak him out but the end of his entire reality is no skin off his back.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:01 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:

Nah, Trunks clearly has a form of reverse PTSD where some more chaos is enough to freak him out but the end of his entire reality is no skin off his back.
Seriously?, like Trunks was ashamed of himself because he couldn't protect the future,he was crying, this is shown in the same episode, in fact, he'll have to deal with this fact forever.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:45 pm

They don't really have to live in the same house or even the same city...unless they are into foursomes lol. Our F.Trunks and F.Mai can just follow Zamasu and Black's example and live in a log cabin somewhere in the woods where they can cry all day for the remainder of their lives without disturbance.
Now I kinda want this to happen :lol: .
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:04 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:You know, to take his Mai?
Oh mai!
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:07 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:

Seriously?, like Trunks was ashamed of himself because he couldn't protect the future,he was crying, this is shown in the same episode, in fact, he'll have to deal with this fact forever.
That's quite depressing, but true.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

WhatsUpPigeons
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhatsUpPigeons » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:11 pm

He'll wait for Black to arrive in that timeline and fuse with Present Trunks to boast about how Gods suck...while toying with Black at the same time.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:03 pm

emperior wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: Nah, Trunks clearly has a form of reverse PTSD where some more chaos is enough to freak him out but the end of his entire reality is no skin off his back.
That's quite depressing, but true.
Yeah, i know, that's why i was surprised because i think that it was pretty damn clear that Trunks was affected by this and ekrolo made it seem like if he was in the right mood to even make a party :lol:

dbgtFO wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:13 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:Yeah, i know, that's why i was surprised because i think that it was pretty damn clear that Trunks was affected by this and ekrolo made it seem like if he was in the right mood to even make a party :lol:
He only cries when Gohan shows up, before that he's perfectly fine. FFS, he's smiling along with Goku as he helps the being who murdered his entire reality to vanish out of existence onto the time machine. Before that? Seeing Goku alive sends him into a fit of rage and just looking at Gohan's school temporarily makes him flashback to the future. I'm not gonna pretend there aren't elements of the events affecting Trunks but they are way too downplayed, Trunks should be an emotional wreck beyond consoling but he's not.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:15 pm

What?!? :lol: :crazy: :clap:

Trunks won't kill himself in the new timeline. I expect him to get confused once he see himself, but I reckon they will have nice long chat between themselves before understanding the circumstances of why there are two of him and they will live on their lives.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:17 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:Yeah, i know, that's why i was surprised because i think that it was pretty damn clear that Trunks was affected by this and ekrolo made it seem like if he was in the right mood to even make a party :lol:
He only cries when Gohan shows up, before that he's perfectly fine. FFS, he's smiling along with Goku as he helps the being who murdered his entire reality to vanish out of existence onto the time machine. Before that? Seeing Goku alive sends him into a fit of rage and just looking at Gohan's school temporarily makes him flashback to the future. I'm not gonna pretend there aren't elements of the events affecting Trunks but they are way too downplayed, Trunks should be an emotional wreck beyond consoling but he's not.
I can get that it should have been better executed, but still, also why there's any problem on Trunks crying when Gohan appears? for him it's like if he even failed his master, and right in the moment they went out the time machine, Trunks still shows that he cares.

dbgtFO wrote:

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:39 pm

If it wasn't for the potara retcon Trunks and Mai could convince their counter parts to fuse with them then crush the earrings.

Not only is everything back to normal but they get a power boost too :thumbup:

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:40 pm

Dragon Ball horror manga: One day new-timeline Trunks and Mai are hiking through the woods and discover two smiling corpses who look just like them.