Whis incapable of Instantaneous Movement?
- Booze Sama
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:13 pm
Whis incapable of Instantaneous Movement?
Instantaneous Movement is like taking a piss for the Kaioshins. Yet, one of the most powerful beings in the franchise hasn't shown any capabilities to do this?
I'm even inclined to believe that Zen-Oh Sama cannot do this either, as he was shown floating in space after destroying Future Trunks homeworld.
If I recall, didn't Beerus get to that dinosaur planet for meat using instantaneous movement? I'm alittle behind with the official feats. If there's a thread for feats please provide a link.
I'm even inclined to believe that Zen-Oh Sama cannot do this either, as he was shown floating in space after destroying Future Trunks homeworld.
If I recall, didn't Beerus get to that dinosaur planet for meat using instantaneous movement? I'm alittle behind with the official feats. If there's a thread for feats please provide a link.
Re: Whis incapable of Instantaneous Movement?
IIRC, it was not shown how Beerus went to that planet where Whis should have got dinosaur meat. Whis went there, but then Beerus did not want to wait anymore and went there too... but he haven't seen how. IIRC, we have never seen Beerus moving through space without Whis... however it has never been stated that he cannot fly in space (probably, Whis is just faster than him... I think Whis said he was the faster flyer of the universe). Even in case Beerus may not be capable of doing a bubble of oxygen like Whis (e.g. to allow carrying mortals), U6 tournament showed as that Champa (like Vados, Frost and Hit -in case the last one isn't just a blooper!-) can stay without oxygen...
I think Whis and Beerus not being able to teleport is a fact. Otherwise they would not need Goku or Kaioshin to achieve it. I think this was made foreseeing possible uses in plot... as being OverPowered characters, they wanted to have some way to keep them away for a while when necessary. Or just to give some time to North Kaio to freak out when he realizes Beerus is coming to his planet at the beginning of Battle of Gods...
About Zeno capable of teleporting without being summoned by his button... I really have no idea.
I think Whis and Beerus not being able to teleport is a fact. Otherwise they would not need Goku or Kaioshin to achieve it. I think this was made foreseeing possible uses in plot... as being OverPowered characters, they wanted to have some way to keep them away for a while when necessary. Or just to give some time to North Kaio to freak out when he realizes Beerus is coming to his planet at the beginning of Battle of Gods...
About Zeno capable of teleporting without being summoned by his button... I really have no idea.
-
Faisal Shourov
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 462
- Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:10 am
Re: Whis incapable of Instantaneous Movement?
Whis is an angel, not a kaioshin. Neither gods of destruction or angels have been shown to teleport. However Whis can learn to teleport, since Goku could learn it.
Given how fast Whis is, he doesn't need to learn teleportation
Given how fast Whis is, he doesn't need to learn teleportation
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?
Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.
Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.
- Booze Sama
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:13 pm
Re: Whis incapable of Instantaneous Movement?
Whis is millions of years old, one of the most powerful beings in the franchise compared to a Kaioshin who cannot even touch Buu. Hell, Kamisama knows how to teleport.Faisal Shourov wrote:Whis is an angel, not a kaioshin. Neither gods of destruction or angels have been shown to teleport. However Whis can learn to teleport, since Goku could learn it.
Given how fast Whis is, he doesn't need to learn teleportation
Re: Whis incapable of Instantaneous Movement?
It's worth remembering it's not only Whis, Vados didn't show any sign of being able to teleport, either. So that seems to be a skill angels really don't possess. Maybe it could be attributed to the fact they're not gods themselves, unlike Kamisama or Kaioshin.Booze Sama wrote:Whis is millions of years old, one of the most powerful beings in the franchise compared to a Kaioshin who cannot even touch Buu. Hell, Kamisama knows how to teleport.Faisal Shourov wrote:Whis is an angel, not a kaioshin. Neither gods of destruction or angels have been shown to teleport. However Whis can learn to teleport, since Goku could learn it.
Given how fast Whis is, he doesn't need to learn teleportation
-
Faisal Shourov
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 462
- Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:10 am
Re: Whis incapable of Instantaneous Movement?
Whis could blitz Buu before Buu could blink. Teleportation is not speed, nor it has any relation to reaction timeBooze Sama wrote:Whis is millions of years old, one of the most powerful beings in the franchise compared to a Kaioshin who cannot even touch Buu. Hell, Kamisama knows how to teleport.Faisal Shourov wrote:Whis is an angel, not a kaioshin. Neither gods of destruction or angels have been shown to teleport. However Whis can learn to teleport, since Goku could learn it.
Given how fast Whis is, he doesn't need to learn teleportation
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?
Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.
Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.
Re: Whis incapable of Instantaneous Movement?
Teleport has no relationship with strenght. Golden Frieza was god-level power (although he clearly knew he had no chance against Beerus) and knew the existence of Goku's technique, but did not had it.
Also, there are various different techniques of teleport in DB world (maybe even Kibito had a different technique from Kaioshin's "kai kai" one, I don't remember exactly).
Some techniques may be like body skills related to specific "races" (also before knowing Whis is an angel, you could tell he's not the same "race" of a kaio or a kaioshin)... like if you are a frog you can learn to jump extremely high, if you are an ant you will never be able to do it, no matter what you try (in exchange, you may bring 40 times your body weight).
Some techniques, like the one used by Goku, can be learned by different races... but this does not mean by ALL races. In DB world, many races can learn to fly (even some Earthlings do it), but probably we will never see a metalman like Magetta flying.
Also, if you are capable of flying for an entire universe in less than an hour, maybe you may not be so interested in spending years learning a teleport techinque... you just don't need it.
However, I think that authors just wanted to give some kind of limit to this OP character... and the fact he cannot teleport isn't so strange even in-universe...
Ps: the teleport used by kamisama may be yet another different technique... at the moment I don't recall him using it for something different that moving from mortal world to gods/afterlife world...
Also, there are various different techniques of teleport in DB world (maybe even Kibito had a different technique from Kaioshin's "kai kai" one, I don't remember exactly).
Some techniques may be like body skills related to specific "races" (also before knowing Whis is an angel, you could tell he's not the same "race" of a kaio or a kaioshin)... like if you are a frog you can learn to jump extremely high, if you are an ant you will never be able to do it, no matter what you try (in exchange, you may bring 40 times your body weight).
Some techniques, like the one used by Goku, can be learned by different races... but this does not mean by ALL races. In DB world, many races can learn to fly (even some Earthlings do it), but probably we will never see a metalman like Magetta flying.
Also, if you are capable of flying for an entire universe in less than an hour, maybe you may not be so interested in spending years learning a teleport techinque... you just don't need it.
However, I think that authors just wanted to give some kind of limit to this OP character... and the fact he cannot teleport isn't so strange even in-universe...
Ps: the teleport used by kamisama may be yet another different technique... at the moment I don't recall him using it for something different that moving from mortal world to gods/afterlife world...

