"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Chelentano » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Nothing indicates that all the characters announced will be on DLC 2, though. It's a preview for the whole season pass.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:40 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
sintzu wrote:With DLC #2 finishing up Super, this is who I think the next 2 will have.

#3 : Super #13, Bojack, Baby, Hatchyack & fused Zamasu.

#4 : 2nd form Freeza, Imperfect Cell, #19, Dr.Gero & Dabura.
I think Pack #3 and Pack #4 will have popular fan picks. Dabra, Bebi, Super #13 and Bojack seem possible.
They could let us vote for them like they did with One Piece Burning Blood.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Aside from the already announced Super characters, the Fan Picks I want are down below. Keep in mind that I didn't put any Dragon ball characters because Dimps wont do them. I'm also only doing canon characters (Minus Pikkon)

Characters
[spoiler]Tarble
2nd and 3rd form Freeza
2nd form Cell
#19 and 20
Chaozu
Buuhan, Buucolo, and Buutenks as Super Buu costumes with Buu and their respective characters moves
Pikkon
Kaioshin/Kibito/Kibitoshin
Dabura
Tagoma
Shishami
Uub
Sorbet?
Roshi?
Abo, Kado/Aka??
Adult Goten and Trunks?? (EOZ or GT)
Pui-Pui?[/spoiler]

Character Variations
[spoiler]Turtle Gi for GT Goku with Power Pole
Bandit Gi for Yamcha
Crane Full outfit for Tenshinhan
Buu arc outfit for Tenshinhan
Buu arc outfit for Krillin
BOG/Champa arc outfit for Krillin
SS for Goku and Vegeta (Whis Gi)
Old Outfits for SSGSS Goku and Vegeta
SS2 Black (after new Manga Chapter)
Whis Gi for SSG Goku
Universe Survival outfit for 18 and 17
EOZ Goku[/spoiler]

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:08 pm

After seeing that list of just cannon characters that kind of still is a lot of people missing. I don't think we would be getting any of those guys though for right now unless they do it somehow via a free DLC. More so for the transformation characters missing not so much for people like Tagoma.

Anyone else hope that with the new DLC that we could get Goku Black's Gi?

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:09 pm

I hope everyone realizes that DLC pack 2 probably will only contain Vados and Champa as playable characters, they just gave a preview of what more to expect.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:15 pm

The new characters for the next DLC pack are fine. I'm more interested with what other content will be added, considering the first DLC pack is pretty bare bones.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:51 pm

Spenzer wrote:I hope everyone realizes that DLC pack 2 probably will only contain Vados and Champa as playable characters, they just gave a preview of what more to expect.
Part of me knows this but the other part of me doesn't want to accept that. I feel they could have just been added in the first pack it would have at least made more sense and I'm sure the wait wouldn't matter.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:53 pm

I love "Pure Progress" because all it literally means is "My base power just got a major boost naturally and I'm only doing this silly power up so you get that I'm crazy stronger now".

Best "transformation" ever.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:58 pm

Maybe Story Mode DLC will happen in the final pack along with new stages. If not, we will probably get the U6 vs. U7 Tournament - Universal Survival Arc in XV3 for the story mode.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

nitwit

Post by nitwit » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:40 pm

I just wanna see them add more NPC models from the Dragon Ball lore like chichi and other folks there. Would be kinda cool to see some of Bardock's other crewmates into the next game either as DLC or Xenoverse 3. :roll:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:51 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Maybe Story Mode DLC will happen in the final pack along with new stages. If not, we will probably get the U6 vs. U7 Tournament - Universal Survival Arc in XV3 for the story mode.
We know we're getting at least some Story Mode in the DlC... Hopfully more than 1 DLC...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:35 pm

I'm pretty sure they just announced all but one of the dlc characters, seeing as this is two characters per pack garbage with barely even anything else there to make it worth the money.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:57 pm

I noticed the new DLC trailer listed 'costume customization' - did that just mean new costumes, or that we're getting more outfits that we can alter the colors for, or what? The first costume it shows looks like the Saiyuki outfit but in different colors than I recall it being. Neat about getting the other Armored Squadron uniforms though, not to mention Freeza's cyborg parts! Speaking of Freeza, the take-over of Conton city seems pretty fun too. Please tell me that's not an online only thing.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:09 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Speaking of Freeza, the take-over of Conton city seems pretty fun too. Please tell me that's not an online only thing.
Unfortunately, it is. You have to be in the Multi Lobby and it'll activate randomly (according to the game itself).
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:12 pm

Bah, that sucks. :/ I get that they're really pushing the internet thing, but with PS4 having the ridiculous 'PS Plus or no online play for you' standard, that cuts me out of a good few things. Still really hoping they'll make some of the Raid Quest items, like Janemba's sword, available in the shop eventually.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:57 pm

Where the fuck is 40 ton weights ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:40 am

Has anyone been able to locate Future Gohan to have him as a master yet? Or is it still going to be updated in the game on the 20th?

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:50 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:Where the fuck is 40 ton weights ?
First off sorry for the double post. I actually just found this and I wasn't even looking for it lol. It's right above the PQ tower there is a little lookout at the top. At least that's how I got it there should be a patroller there to talk to.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:21 am

THEGOKU wrote:Has anyone been able to locate Future Gohan to have him as a master yet? Or is it still going to be updated in the game on the 20th?
20th

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:35 am

Why do people with anime games constantly want character's who are in other games of the series? Personally for a DLC especially I want progression. Not pay $30AUD to get a bunch of characters from Sparking Meteor. The old DB games exist (And most of them play better then XV2). If I buy XV2 it's not gonna be to play as old characters again, it's to play as all the new stuff from Super. All this potential new content it'd be stupid to ignore it for old rehashes. It's why Raging Blast was so cool. Tarble, Neiz, Dore, 14, 15 and Hatchiyack were all new to the games and interesting. Battle of Z gave us Godku, Beerus and Whis. XV1 SSjBlue and Golden Freeza. Now it's only logical for XV2 to go with Super content. What will sell DLC more? Zamasu or Android 13?

All that aside it is criminal to not have Dabura in these games already. His sister is the villain! He's the one old character I think should be here. For Xenoverse 3 I hope they go full on Dragon Ball Heroes and add all the characters from that. I need to be able to play as SSj Nappa.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/