Who do you think will be the surpirse of team Universe 7

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Who do you think will be the surpirse of team Universe 7

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:15 am

I think it will Tien with all those many years of training finally paying off.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Who do you think will be the surpirse of team Universe 7

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:26 am

What do you mean by surprise?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:40 am

Each and every one except goku and Vegeta will be a surprise, the biggest one should be piccolo, He will actually manage to beat an opponent buu couldn't by smarts, he knows foul players could be present, highly doubt he could be doped again..
Tien should be a surprise too, his fighting style is very impressive
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:20 am

The surprise will apparently be that they're all still weak, since hardly anyone round here seems to think it will happen.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:23 am

Simere wrote:The surprise will apparently be that they're all still weak, since hardly anyone round here seems to think it will happen.
I THINK it might happen. I'm really fucking hoping it wont though because that would piss me off greatly.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:12 am

Simere wrote:The surprise will apparently be that they're all still weak, since hardly anyone round here seems to think it will happen.
Not every universe will have god level fighters, the weak z fighters are plenty strong
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:36 am

You don't need god level fighters to outclass the weak Z Fighters. Even mentioning god level in the same sentence gives them too much credit. Ginyu, Freeza or Cell is more like it.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:49 am

Simere wrote:You don't need god level fighters to outclass the weak Z Fighters. Even mentioning god level in the same sentence gives them too much credit. Ginyu, Freeza or Cell is more like it.
Yes, freeza level fighters were so very common in our universe I forgot, and it's not like everyone except humans can destroy freeza right now or anything..
It's also foolish to think Ginyu who was considered 2nd strongest being can be killed by tien who was holding 2nd form cell down..
Cell was totally not manufacturered by strongest beings ever and piccolo could definitely at this point not kill cell..

They are all so very weak it's clear as a day

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:56 am

You'd be better off hoping they get a ridiculous powerup than imagining Roshi and Tien tier opponents will be at the tournament.

Edit: Unless it will be a gag.
Last edited by Simere on Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:57 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
I THINK it might happen. I'm really fucking hoping it wont though because that would piss me off greatly.
Toriyama surely can't do that again not with all 8 of them.
Ki Breaker wrote:Each and every one except goku and Vegeta will be a surprise, the biggest one should be piccolo, He will actually manage to beat an opponent buu couldn't by smarts, he knows foul players could be present, highly doubt he could be doped again..
Tien should be a surprise too, his fighting style is very impressive
In Beerus' mind I think Piccolo is ahead of Buu in his ranking. Piccolo and Vegeta Ithink would be Goku's main support for fights.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:56 pm

I don't know why people automatically assume that all that other fighters will be ZAMASU LEVEL.
Hey, we have various degrees of power in U7, and in U6 only Hit was a serious menace.
The same could apply for other teams. Leaving chances for fair matches.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:56 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:I don't know why people automatically assume that all that other fighters will be ZAMASU LEVEL.
Hey, we have various degrees of power in U7, and in U6 only Hit was a serious menace.
The same could apply for other teams. Leaving chances for fair matches.
Seriously. Like it or not power scaling wise Piccolo kept up with Frost. Its very likely there will be fighters there weaker than Frost. That automatically makes someone like Piccolo or Buu relevant.

Roshi may have a tough time but the fact is we have no clue what type of fighters each universe has. The dropoff from 5 to 10 might be massive. If you consider U7 a fairly standard universe there is no reason to think the other teams composition will be much different.

Since Namek even the villains have all been magic, androids, Gods and/or immortals. There isnt a massive excess of strong fighters in U7 to begin with.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:04 pm

The stakes can not be higher. It would only make sense for every team to bring godly level fighters, but we know they won't because of stupidity. -_-

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:09 pm

It won't be Goku or Vegeta, maybe Piccolo or Gohan ? Buu being able to turn into kid Buu at will could be interesting.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:31 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:The stakes can not be higher. It would only make sense for every team to bring godly level fighters, but we know they won't because of stupidity. -_-
If all level 1 team members reach level 100 in any team, the only thing you got is more and more "Ommagod, they're strongah!" but no changes in the results. A tie.
My only concern would be:
-if they rush everything and leave only Goku Gohan Vegeta clean the dishes for 50 episodes.
-if again they apply the silly tactic of restrain themselves when they risk to loose. Now everyone knows of SSBlue thanks to GodTube, no secret strenght to hide.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Scard

Post by Scard » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:45 pm

A quick point to make as well.

I just rewatched goku vs zamasu when he first meets him at the universe 10's kai world. Zamasu was surprised that there was a "mortal/human" able to keep up with him. So could this mean that universe 10 has nobody above, say, kai level? Who isn't a god?

It seems that super powerful fighters are actually quite rare. Namek Frieza was the strongest in U7 as majin buu was asleep and cell+androids were created. You could classify buu as being a fluke and not a naturally ocurring entity. So who knows, there might be some universes where the kais are actually at the pinnacle of power - as expected from gods.

Of course there are also going to be some characters who are stronger than beerus (i believe beerus said some universes have spawned fighters even stronger than him? Not sure if this was in the movie or super episodes though). Anyhow, i think overall, universe 7 could easily be in the top 3-4.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:07 pm

Gohan. He'll surprise everyone with how quickly he jobs out.

BWri

Post by BWri » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:33 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:I think it will Tien with all those many years of training finally paying off.
Hehe, I hope this is the biggest surprise. Maybe he pulls out Kaioken x5,000
Lord Beerus wrote:Gohan. He'll surprise everyone with how quickly he jobs out.
He'll surprise no one.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abra kadabra » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:40 pm

Buu is their wildcard :shh:

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:05 am

ChronoTwigger wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:The stakes can not be higher. It would only make sense for every team to bring godly level fighters, but we know they won't because of stupidity. -_-
If all level 1 team members reach level 100 in any team, the only thing you got is more and more "Ommagod, they're strongah!" but no changes in the results. A tie.
My only concern would be:
-if they rush everything and leave only Goku Gohan Vegeta clean the dishes for 50 episodes.
-if again they apply the silly tactic of restrain themselves when they risk to loose. Now everyone knows of SSBlue thanks to GodTube, no secret strenght to hide.
No, no, no. There's absolutely no logic behind that. That's stupid. If your opponents are level 100 but you're only level 50 does that mean you should just stay at level 50? Fuck no! You grind your ass up to level 100 also so you can stand a god damn chance.