Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:11 am

Bullza wrote:If Hit said the timeskip wouldn't work on Goku it doesn't mean that current SSJB Goku is above the level of his Kaioken x10 self at the Tournament does it?
He's most likely referring to the fact that Goku knows how to counter it.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:04 am

Hit didn't actually say it wouldn't work on him again, Goku did. Hit just said, in effect, that he wasn't about to let him have the opportunity to stop it.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:34 am

How could Goku counter the timeskip anyway? He did originally because Hit could only stop time for 0.1 seconds so Goku predicted him but you'd think he wouldn't be able to predict attacks close to a second beforehand.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:21 am

Bullza wrote:How could Goku counter the timeskip anyway? He did originally because Hit could only stop time for 0.1 seconds so Goku predicted him but you'd think he wouldn't be able to predict attacks close to a second beforehand.
Goku personally experience the faster time-skip. So he wouldn't have to let Hit smack him around for several minutes to counter it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:41 am

Considering all the facts presented in the anime until now, you guys have a '%' of how much supressed was Beerus against SSJG Goku?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:51 am

Noah wrote:Considering all the facts presented in the anime until now, you guys have a '%' of how much supressed was Beerus against SSJG Goku?
I would say between 2 and 9%. Then again, Beerus power is always retconned to be higher than Goku and Vegeta.It was retconned even back at the ROF movie.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:56 am

MisteryOne wrote:I would say between 2 and 9%. Then again, Beerus power is always retconned to be higher than Goku and Vegeta.It was retconned even back at the ROF movie.
So, he was all excited for a opponent that could not even make him use 20% of his full power? Seems legit :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:07 am

Noah wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:I would say between 2 and 9%. Then again, Beerus power is always retconned to be higher than Goku and Vegeta.It was retconned even back at the ROF movie.
So, he was all excited for a opponent that could not even make him use 20% of his full power? Seems legit :lol:
I feel the same that you, but it's the only logical % at this point.
I don't understand why neither Toriyama or Toei want he to be surpassed yet to be honest. Hopefully Super will end with Goku or Vegeta being stronger than him :lol:
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:18 pm

MisteryOne wrote:
Noah wrote:Considering all the facts presented in the anime until now, you guys have a '%' of how much supressed was Beerus against SSJG Goku?
I would say between 2 and 9%. Then again, Beerus power is always retconned to be higher than Goku and Vegeta.It was retconned even back at the ROF movie.
I had Beerus fighting at 1.25% of his true power during the Battle of Gods.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:29 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:
Yeah, that sounds about right. The maximum right now is 2% as if it were any higher than that current SSBlue Kaioken x10 Goku would be on the same level as Beerus.
Last edited by TheUltimateNinja on Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:39 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:
MisteryOne wrote: I would say between 2 and 9%. Then again, Beerus power is always retconned to be higher than Goku and Vegeta.It was retconned even back at the ROF movie.
Yeah, that sounds about right. The maximum right now is 2% as if it were any higher than that current SSBlue Kaioken x10 Goku would be on the same level as Beerus.
Hmmmmm, how did you come up with 2% for this reason? I have been charting power levels VERY generally as DBSuper progressed, so I just came up with that number on my own.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:13 pm

He used 10% :lol:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:21 pm

Bullza wrote:He used 10% :lol:
On both Rageta and SSJG Goku? Impossible.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:31 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Hmmmmm, how did you come up with 2% for this reason? I have been charting power levels VERY generally as DBSuper progressed, so I just came up with that number on my own.
I have SSBlue at 1.5x SSGod. So let's start with SSGod Goku = 2% of Beerus

I have Goku becoming marginally stronger in F, and then a decent amount stronger after his 3 years in the time chamber, for a total of a 66% improvement which would place his SSGod at 3.33% and his SSBlue at 5% of Beerus. His Kaioken x10 at this point would be half of Beerus' strength.

Goku then makes some huge gains in the Future Trunks Arc, he's already stated to be stronger than he was at the Tournament even before Trunks shows up, he then makes some massive improvements after his various encounters with Black. Given how he goes from getting dominated by SSRose Black to overpowering him despite his Zenkai and then further powering up against Merged Zamasu, I'd say at the very least his power went up 60% since the Tournament.

This would place his SSBlue at 8% of Beerus and his Kaioken x10 at 80%.

That's how I arrived at the 2% maximum, if it were any higher than that Goku would now be strong enough to match Beerus.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:33 pm

Noah wrote:
Bullza wrote:He used 10% :lol:
On both Rageta and SSJG Goku? Impossible.
The 10% line was most likely added by some imbecile writer who has no idea what he's doing, it has no bearing on the story and has been retconned.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:37 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote: The 10% line was most likely added by some imbecile writer who has no idea what he's doing, it has no bearing on the story and has been retconned.
You can't claim retcon on a line you don't like, especially when no source claimed it has been retcon. That isn't how that works. And Beerus only said he used 10%, not that he needed to.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:56 pm

HeroR wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: The 10% line was most likely added by some imbecile writer who has no idea what he's doing, it has no bearing on the story and has been retconned.
You can't claim retcon on a line you don't like, especially when no source claimed it has been retcon. That isn't how that works. And Beerus only said he used 10%, not that he needed to.
It was retconned when it was confirmed that even SSBlue Kaioken x10 Goku is nothing compared to Beerus.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:03 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote: It was retconned when it was confirmed that even SSBlue Kaioken x10 Goku is nothing compared to Beerus.
No it wasn't since it was never implied that Beerus needed to used 10% of his power to beat Rage Vegeta, only that he used 10%. This is like saying Freeza needed 50% or even 30% of his power to beat pre-Super Saiyan Goku because that's how much he used against Goku.
Kanassa wrote:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:09 pm

What's the problem with Kaioken x10 surpassing Beerus again?

He didn't use x10 against merged Zamasu and against Hit, he was clearly fucking his shit up before powering down to x2 (x2 and x10 have a very different effect on Goku's skin tone and the battlefield).

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:11 pm

Doctor. wrote:What's the problem with Kaioken x10 surpassing Beerus again?

He didn't use x10 against merged Zamasu and against Hit, he was clearly fucking his shit up before powering down to x2 (x2 and x10 have a very different effect on Goku's skin tone and the battlefield).
The problem is you make Toriyama a very sad panda if you don't conform to his "Beerus & Whis are the most 1337 mofos ever!" logic.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):