Grrrr....

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Grrrr....

Post by TGDweezl » Sun May 09, 2004 5:38 pm

:evil: Alright, I borrowed the Bebi (?) Saga from a co-worker to see DBGT for the heck of it. I'm thinking that they start from the very beginning as in Episode #1. I watched the first DVD and was like "this ain't right". I happen to have a complete list of all the DBGT episodes and their names. I was watching it with Japanese Audio/English Subtitle. So I look at the list of episodes and match it up with the names on the DVD and FUN has removed the first 16 EPISODES of DBGT. What is that?! Did they not release ALL of DB and DBZ for American fans to buy in a frenzy and watch and yet they do this to them?! If I was some blind American fan (which I kinda am) and I found out that they cheated me out of some substance and explanation of the series (stop laughing, I know it's GT and it's not legit stuff) I'd be very hostile towards FUN for doing that. Oh yeah, and are the rumors that they are not showing/selling the Super Hell Fighter Android 17 Saga true? :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by TGDweezl on Mon May 10, 2004 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun May 09, 2004 5:47 pm

I know that Super 17 hasn't aired yet but I think the DVD's are out.

As for the first 16 eps, they're being re-leased shortly I believe.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sun May 09, 2004 5:49 pm

... I don't mean to sound rude, but what the hell? I thought everyone knew. O_o They did initially skip the first 16 episodes, but they're gonna release them starting this summer. As for the Super 17 saga.. I have the first disc in my DVD player now. Enough said.

Once again, apologies if I sounded rude.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun May 09, 2004 9:01 pm

All of GT will be released on DVD as of June 11, except for the first 16 episodes.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sun May 09, 2004 9:26 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:All of GT will be released on DVD as of June 11, except for the first 16 episodes.

Actually. o.o The last series-wise GT DVD is coming out the 11th of this morning. June (or July....?) is when they're gonna (start?) relelasing the first 16 eps.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun May 09, 2004 10:05 pm

"Super Hell Fighter Android 17"?
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sun May 09, 2004 10:08 pm

PsyLiam wrote:"Super Hell Fighter Android 17"?
More like "SUPAA HERU FAITAA Juunanagou" ("Super Hell Fighter Number 17")

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Mon May 10, 2004 2:56 am

it sounds horrible.

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Mon May 10, 2004 8:32 am

Hm, well that makes me feel a bit better about the whole thing. Yes, I know I'm sheltered and should look into things before going berserk but I was just too hostile to think clearly until after I wrote the post and chatted with some people. But, why would they not initally release DBGT in order? The mind boggles.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 10, 2004 8:56 am

They left the first 16 episodes out at first because they figured that they wouldn't sell well since there isn't much fighting in them. Funi was worried that seeing these ones first would put viewers off wanting to see the rest of the series. So it was a marketing decision pure and simple. By the way, TGDweezl, I just thought I'd let know that your avatar isn't showing. You may need to re-upload it again. 8)
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon May 10, 2004 9:34 am

tablet the eunuch wrote:it sounds horrible.
Ok Gen, whatever you say :P

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon May 10, 2004 11:27 am

Jerseymilk wrote:They left the first 16 episodes out at first because they figured that they wouldn't sell well since there isn't much fighting in them. Funi was worried that seeing these ones first would put viewers off wanting to see the rest of the series. So it was a marketing decision pure and simple.
It was the lack of fighting, and the fact tha FUNi knew that GT's reputation amoungst fans isn't exactly brilliant. So it was sort of a case of "wow, I've never seen GT like this before! It is all fighting and hardcore and JUST LIKE Z!" Or something like that, anyway.

And no offense TGDweezl, but if that's the sort of thing that's going to make you go "beserk" and make you "too hostile to think clearly", you really should, y'know, chill. I dread to think what would happen if you met someone who stole your seat on the bus.
Last edited by PsyLiam on Mon May 10, 2004 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Mon May 10, 2004 11:29 am

Sun_Wukong wrote:
Would you please cut that shit out?

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon May 10, 2004 11:33 am

As I pointed out in that other thread, your avatar and location really aren't helping your case, are they?

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Mon May 10, 2004 9:34 pm

Well, I don't ride the bus and if I did I wouldn't freak out like I did in my first post. I guess I'm a bit overly passionate about anime and Dragonball. *takes a deep breath and releases it* Ok, I'm good. Yeah, sorry about the whole mess.

Yeah, I know my avatar is not showing....I'll try to re-upload it. If not then I'll have to find a new one.

"Love, Luck, and Lollypops." -Pinky and the Brain

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon May 10, 2004 10:08 pm

Remember the days when we just got the Saiyan saga repeated over and over again, horrendously cut. Remember when it looked like we wouldn't ever see the rest of Z in the west. Remember when the idea of DBZ being available on uncut, expertly subtitled DVDs seemed a pipe dream. Remember when the idea of DB and DBGT being avaible was something only fools thought about.

Puts everything in perspective.

And, when you upload your new avatar, it'd be an idea to at least make it a format other than bitmap.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue May 11, 2004 3:15 am

PsyLiam wrote:Remember the days when we just got the Saiyan saga repeated over and over again, horrendously cut. Remember when it looked like we wouldn't ever see the rest of Z in the west. Remember when the idea of DBZ being available on uncut, expertly subtitled DVDs seemed a pipe dream. Remember when the idea of DB and DBGT being avaible was something only fools thought about.

Puts everything in perspective.
Eloquent and to the point Liam. 8)
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Tue May 11, 2004 10:32 am

Yes, I do remember those days. I was so eager for them to hurry up and show me what was next even though the "black blood" thing kinda made me wonder what was going on.

Anyhoo, changed the avatar to gif. I know it's a little tacky having a Vegeta avatar but he's my favorite char just like everyone else that I know of out there.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue May 11, 2004 10:41 am

(The avatar still isn't working.)

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Wed May 12, 2004 2:57 pm

tablet the eunuch wrote:
Sun_Wukong wrote:
Would you please cut that shit out?
:P Sorry, I really shouldnt have brought that up, with you changing your avatar and all