Namekian Gangsters

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Epsilon Grey
Not-So-Newbie

Namekian Gangsters

Post by Epsilon Grey » Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

I love making random titles.

Anywho, a question on Namekian fusion.

What are its limits? How many fusions until the disadvantages outweigh the benefits? I would assume that to Nameks, fusion should only be used in desperation (i.e. Piccolo and Nail), and is a rather important and spiritual act (i.e. Piccolo fusing with Kami, his other half). But, how many fusions until you have too many people bouncing around in your head?

Granted, maybe they all simply merge into one person, but how long until the brain overloads, filling up with so much information and personality?

Any speculation as to what would happen if Piccolo had fused again? Would his power increase dramatically? Or would it lead to some unforseen consequence? I wonder...

--EG
[i]Though they go mad they shall be sane,
Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
Though lovers be lost love shall not;
And death shall have no dominion.[/i]

[b]An epic Dragon Ball Z novel[/b]: [url=http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1773391]Tycho[/url]
[b][i]A dark tale of heores and villians, and a new twist on the Z universe. Come challenge your perceptions.[/i][/b]

James R. Cadwell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Namekian Gangsters

Post by James R. Cadwell » Wed May 12, 2004 12:31 am

Epsilon Grey wrote:Anywho, a question on Namekian fusion. What are its limits? How many fusions until the disadvantages outweigh the benefits? I would assume that to Nameks, fusion should only be used in desperation (i.e. Piccolo and Nail), and is a rather important and spiritual act (i.e. Piccolo fusing with Kami, his other half). But, how many fusions until you have too many people bouncing around in your head?
Personally, I've always thought that Namekian "fusion" has more in common with Buu's absorption technique than the type of fusion Goten and Trunks used.

(1): It doesn't appear to be a physical merger of the two bodies. One Namekian is the "base" while the other Namek is absorbed. This is more similar to Buu's ability than the fusion technique.

(2): It doesn't appear to be an equal mental merger, either. Piccolo was still the dominant personality after he fused with Nail. This is also very similar to Buu's absorption ability.
Epsilon Grey wrote:Granted, maybe they all simply merge into one person, but how long until the brain overloads, filling up with so much information and personality?
I don't think that multiple, conflicting personalities ever become an issue. I think that the "base" Namekian's personality remains dominant while the "absorbed" Namekian's personality traits are subdued and only have a passive influence. I doubt Piccolo had a little Nail voice in his head demanding that he go to New Namek or anything like that.

Epsilon Grey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Epsilon Grey » Wed May 12, 2004 12:38 am

So, do you think that the Namekians could create an 'ultimatesuperwarriorgod' by simply using fusion upon fusion? Obviously, they wouldn't, out of spiritual conviction, but is it feasable?

Yes, I understand that there is only a passive influence on the host, and that the host retains his will, but would there be a point at which the Namekian body reaches critical mass? Obviously, something like Buu wouldn't, because he's, well, a magical pink blob.

--EG

[b]An epic Dragon Ball Z novel[/b]: [url=http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1773391]Tycho[/url]
[b][i]A dark tale of heores and villians, and a new twist on the Z universe. Come challenge your perceptions.[/i][/b]

James R. Cadwell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by James R. Cadwell » Wed May 12, 2004 12:50 am

Epsilon Grey wrote:So, do you think that the Namekians could create an 'ultimatesuperwarriorgod' by simply using fusion upon fusion? Obviously, they wouldn't, out of spiritual conviction, but is it feasable?
I get the feeling that only fighting-type Namekians would be capable of fusing together to form a super powerful warrior. So maybe if a dozen Piccolos and Nails fused together, we'd have something interesting.
Epsilon Grey wrote:Yes, I understand that there is only a passive influence on the host, and that the host retains his will, but would there be a point at which the Namekian body reaches critical mass?
I suppose the distant memories of each Namekian might get muddled in a super fusion, but I don't think there would ever be a major psychological conflict. Physically, I doubt there would be any problem at all.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Wed May 12, 2004 12:51 am

I don't have a really serious answer here, but, basically, fusion/merging does whatever Toriyama tells it to do.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Epsilon Grey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Epsilon Grey » Wed May 12, 2004 12:54 am

But, since he no longer tells DB/Z to do anything, it is up to us to speculate, and try to come up with our own answers to the blanks we find here and there.

Power to the people.

--EG

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Wed May 12, 2004 12:59 am

James R. Cadwell wrote: I doubt Piccolo had a little Nail voice in his head demanding that he go to New Namek or anything like that.
You do?

But that takes all the fun out of it!

I like to think of Piccolo as having three extra voices in his head: his father, Kami, and Nail. It would explain why Piccolo is always grumpy and avoiding people. He's got his father constantly suggesting evil ideas, Nail angry over the fact that Piccolo never told him that his head was already occupied, and Kami preaching morals just to annoy the Hell out of Piccolo Daimao. The bickering between them all would drive a lesser Nameksei-jin insane. Whenever a battle is going on I can always picture them making suggestions...

Piccolo Daimao: Fry the pasty white bastard! Fry him while you've got the chance! Then kill that brat that follows you around. Then the baldy... And that short guy in blue...
Nail: You missed! How could you miss!? I gave you so much power when we fused!
Kami: You do realize that you just let Cell get away? I gave up my body and power, and you let him get away. You had the chance to kill him and you failed. Why?

I don't imagine it's very pleasant for Piccolo. ^_^

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Wed May 12, 2004 1:03 am

I always thought Piccolo and Daimao were the same being, the same soul, rather than two different sould in one body.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Wed May 12, 2004 1:10 am

Technically, according to the series, they are. To me, though, when Piccolo Daimao gave birth, he created a new soul. He continued to talk from his damaged body even after he had spat out the egg. He simply transferred himself into the child a split second before death. It just didn't go as he had hoped. ^_^

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed May 12, 2004 1:45 pm

James R. Cadwell wrote:I doubt Piccolo had a little Nail voice in his head demanding that he go to New Namek or anything like that.
Maybe, but I have no doubt that a lot of Piccolo's fondness for Dende stems from him absorbing Nail.

In both cases, Piccolo is quite adamant that that his personality will remain largely unaffected. He even makes Nail admit as much. However, his warning to Dende shows that Nail has affected him, and he demonstrates an increase in intelligence after absorbing Kami. There is definitely a merging of mental atributes, as well as physical power. It's probably something like 80/20 though, rather than 50/50/
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Wed May 12, 2004 2:52 pm

I always wondered how two bodies fit into one

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Wed May 12, 2004 3:22 pm

I always wondered how two bodies fit into one
:shock: Nah, way too easy. Heh.