May 12th at 10 am

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu May 13, 2004 2:40 am

Sorry, haven't gotten much sleep lately. I just re-read that and noticed how "off" that sounds. I'm fixing it now. :oops: And I never gave myself that title by the way, so don't harp on me about it!
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Thu May 13, 2004 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu May 13, 2004 2:42 am

You haven't had much sleep recently? It's 7:40 in the morning, and I'm still awake.

I can't wait for finals to be over.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu May 13, 2004 2:44 am

I'm not saying I'm the only one here. But when you've worked all Monday night, then come home and stayed awake to study for a midterm Tuesday night, then come home again, grabbed a few hours sleep, then worked on a stupid project all day Wednesday, you're going to be pretty loopy.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Thu May 13, 2004 3:04 am

Maybe Dragonball's AD stands for 'Akira's Destiny'. Because it is, after all, his destiny to be known as the creator of Dragonball, despite his other great works. :-P

That is a joke, but hell, it makes a certain amount of sense.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu May 13, 2004 2:19 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:I'm not saying I'm the only one here. But when you've worked all Monday night, then come home and stayed awake to study for a midterm Tuesday night, then come home again, grabbed a few hours sleep, then worked on a stupid project all day Wednesday, you're going to be pretty loopy.
I know exactly how you feel. Thank god this is the last time I ever have to do this in my life ever. Writing 4,000 words in one night isn't fun.
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu May 13, 2004 2:29 pm

Yes, 4,000 words sounds like a wonderful way to spend a night! I hope you're not offended Liam when I say better you than me, although you have my sympathy. And ever noticed that after a while, you start dreaming about work and school during the little points where you can sleep, so you don't even know which is the reality anymore?

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu May 13, 2004 3:57 pm

Man, last year, I thought May 12th was a holiday or a birthday, and so I spent a great deal of time trying to remember which holiday/birthday it was. I felt pretty silly when I remembered why May 12th was a significant date to me.
Zackarotto wrote:Shigeru Miyamoto dressed like Link?
My boyfriend showed me that yesterday, and I proclaimed, "That is the best picture ever."

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu May 13, 2004 4:47 pm

I've heard, but not seen. Show me show me show me show me show me show me, before Mike comes in and "On topic, please"s us.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu May 13, 2004 4:52 pm

God I am such a nerd >.<

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Thu May 13, 2004 4:56 pm

God I am such a nerd >.<
That's pretty much like saying "I'm a person" on this board. :-P
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu May 13, 2004 5:08 pm

Why Ben how dare you imply that we're all nerds here! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go and spend the next 3 hours dusting off my anime figure collection with a toothbrush. :wink:

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Thu May 13, 2004 5:41 pm

Alias wrote:Journey to the West was written in the 1500s, but doesn't tell exactly when the story takes place.
Tripitaka (Hsuan-Tsang) lived from 594 to 664, and so Journey to the West would have to take place in that period. Unless Ch'eng-en Wu was a sloppy bum who didn't give a damn about historic accuracy.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu May 13, 2004 6:20 pm

Here it is.

Apologies for off-topic-ness.

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Thu May 13, 2004 6:32 pm

I know I'm lost, but I must say it did always confuse me how in the Dragonball world they had dinosaurs, making it seem in the past, yet they have all kinds of technology such as flying cars!
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu May 13, 2004 6:55 pm

Aww. I was hoping he'd have the green Robin Hood-type outfit on too.

I do want that t-shirt, though.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu May 13, 2004 7:22 pm

PsyLiam wrote:
Ben Plante wrote:Numbers 19 and 20. Although you are 1237 years too far ahead in the future. :-P
And in a completely different universe.

Y'know, that always struck me as weird. Why'd they make those years so far in the past, and not in the future. And if it was an alternative universe type thing, why'd they have AD after them?
Maybe Jesus was Kami's son? :lol:

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu May 13, 2004 7:26 pm

Oh I know! I know, your friend who has a cousin who is a friend of a distant cousin of a guy who lives next door to the aunt of a kid who'se father works for Toei whose boss's son goes to school with the son of Akira Torriyama right?

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Thu May 13, 2004 8:20 pm

Uh..Lets just say it was Baby Bonnie Hood! Ya know, the girl who's little red riding hood but hides grenades in her basket, has a machine gun and the hunter of her story is a guy who works for the navy!

No?
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu May 13, 2004 10:49 pm

TripleRach wrote:
Zackarotto wrote:Shigeru Miyamoto dressed like Link?
My boyfriend showed me that yesterday, and I proclaimed, "That is the best picture ever."
I agree. Man, I love that guy.