Dragonball Z Sparking! Meteor

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:13 pm

Here's another scan. http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/5 ... 165256.jpg

Looks like either the story mode or the so-called "Battle History mode" down at the bottom. Either way, getting as far as Gohan vs. Cell is only 14% of the mode, apparently.

Much love for the using of the tankobon covers.

Now we just need Wheelo, Chi-Chi, and a few good DB characters.
Trunks & Goten forever

Shenron
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shenron » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:19 pm

Humpski wrote:
He's got two arms. You can see as he's doing the Makankosappo in the second pic I posted. Even if his fighting style is a bit different he's STILL Gohan and we've got enough of him.

Where's my Wheelo and ChiChi?
Yeah, I've noticed he's got two arms on the picture; But who knows, maybe he'll have only one in another outfit, or something like that.

And I like the select screen too.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:21 pm

Humpski wrote:He's got two arms. You can see as he's doing the Makankosappo in the second pic I posted. Even if his fighting style is a bit different he's STILL Gohan and we've got enough of him.

Where's my Wheelo and ChiChi?
Bah, I was hoping it'd be one-arm Future Gohan! Damn. One-arm Future Gohan is more deserving a spot than more Goku's! *kicks Spike*

Anyway. *Holds up his "Give me Chi-Chi or give me death!" sign and stands in front of Spike's offices*
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:23 pm

*yawn* So... where is my Bulma?

Just kidding :P I'm really happy with these three characters :D I can't wait for some leaked pics of the character select screen x)

Plus... is it just me or are they saying something about 160 characters? The only thing I can understand is 160, maybe they changed they're minds and are promising more than 160 characters for the game, that would be awesome :D

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:54 pm

Thanos6 wrote:Either way, getting as far as Gohan vs. Cell is only 14% of the mode, apparently.
If I'm reading correctly, it says it's the "Jinzoningen" arc... so that could begin with Mecha Freeza, or with #19/#20, and not necessarily Gohan vs Cell. With that in mind, we could assume that ~14% of the story mode is just the Saiya-jin and Namek arcs...?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:33 pm

"First Page of the scan: http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/1 ... 165143.jpg

Pretty much tells us the JPN release date for both, which is Oct. 4, 2007.

Tells us how the PS2 gets the Disk Fusion system in which this new for the PS2 version unlocks past Ultimate Battle modes from the Sparking! disk as well as the Sparking! NEO disk.

The Wii version will have Online capability as you can face other people online as well as to see your ranking on an Online Ranking Mode.

This time the small little extra that the JPN version has is a Shenron Key chain.

Second Page of the scan: http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/5 ... 165256.jpg

Third Page of the scan: http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/2 ... 165341.jpg

The Main mode of the game is called Dragon History. Pretty much your average story, in which the concept of it is to have "Dramatic Battles." Also, during the battles, the characters will change their quotes by how your fighting.

They introduce 3 new characters:

Son Gohan - Future: Doesn't say much about him other than he was Future Trunks master and was killed by the Androids. He has the Makankousappou/Special Beam Cannon.

Su Shinlong/Nuova Shenron: Seems like we only get his power up form(the shiny form) since it doesn't make any mention of his other form. He has his move called the Burst Attack.

Son Goku - GT They are simply naming this Goku "GT." He has the ability to transform into SSJ3 and has the move Dragon Fist.

Other Notes
- It says we will have the 5 on 5 free battle again.
- Interesting note, it says the 160 characters? Didn't we estimate to have only 150 characters...who knows now."

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:42 pm

Just kidding :P I'm really happy with these three characters :D I can't wait for some leaked pics of the character select screen x)
If you mean from E3 you're going to be dissapointed. They used a demo build this year. Only a handful of characters.
- Interesting note, it says the 160 characters? Didn't we estimate to have only 150 characters...who knows now."
Yeah, they were saying "Over 150 new characters". Maybe they decided to count forms or the extra Goku's? Or maybe they're ahead of schedule so they got to finish a couple more characters than they'd expected.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:20 pm

DNA wrote:*yawn* So... where is my Bulma?
Bulma is not a fighter.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:27 pm

VegettoEX wrote:With that in mind, we could assume that ~14% of the story mode is just the Saiya-jin and Namek arcs...?
That might also include the movies up to that point (hypothetically) which is probably 1-6.
Humpski wrote:- It says we will have the 5 on 5 free battle again.
:P Yay! I can continue to have the computer have five characters struggling against my SSJ2 Gohan!

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:28 pm

Rocketman wrote:Bulma is not a fighter.
Neither is Babidi.

But is there any complete, accurate list of all the officially confirmed new characters anywhere? Just out of curiosity.
-Rachel

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:29 pm

Score shirtless Tenshinhan is back, a minor detail but I've been missing that outfit since Budokai 1.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:37 pm

TripleRach wrote:But is there any complete, accurate list of all the officially confirmed new characters anywhere? Just out of curiosity.
1] Nail
2] King Cold
3] King Vegeta
4] Great Ape King Vegeta
5] Babidi
6] Spopovich
7] Goku (Early)
8] Goku (Mid)
9] Piccolo (Early)
10] Future Gohan
11] Super Saiyan Future Gohan
12] GT Kid Goku
13] SSJ GT Kid Goku (Assuming about this one)
14] SSJ3 GT Kid Goku
15] Nuova Shenron

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:54 pm

TripleRach wrote:Neither is Babidi.
Babidi is a character?

*quiet sobbing*

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:15 pm

Rocketman wrote:
TripleRach wrote:Neither is Babidi.
Babidi is a character?

*quiet sobbing*
LOL XD

Anyway, yes Bulma is not a fighter, I hope she is NOT in this game. *prays for Chichi*

So, with that list, we have now 150 characters (135 from the Wii version of Sparking NEO! plus 15 confirmed characters)

Only 10 more to go?

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:29 pm

Future Gohan? :shock:

Kid Goku CONFIRMED? :shock:

Nova Shenron? :shock:

HOLY SHIT!
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:42 pm

I'm still really hoping for Seripa.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:52 pm

Humpski wrote:"First Page of the scan: http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/1 ... 165143.jpg

Pretty much tells us the JPN release date for both, which is Oct. 4, 2007.

Tells us how the PS2 gets the Disk Fusion system in which this new for the PS2 version unlocks past Ultimate Battle modes from the Sparking! disk as well as the Sparking! NEO disk.

The Wii version will have Online capability as you can face other people online as well as to see your ranking on an Online Ranking Mode.

This time the small little extra that the JPN version has is a Shenron Key chain.

Second Page of the scan: http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/5 ... 165256.jpg

Third Page of the scan: http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/2 ... 165341.jpg

The Main mode of the game is called Dragon History. Pretty much your average story, in which the concept of it is to have "Dramatic Battles." Also, during the battles, the characters will change their quotes by how your fighting.

They introduce 3 new characters:

Son Gohan - Future: Doesn't say much about him other than he was Future Trunks master and was killed by the Androids. He has the Makankousappou/Special Beam Cannon.

Su Shinlong/Nuova Shenron: Seems like we only get his power up form(the shiny form) since it doesn't make any mention of his other form. He has his move called the Burst Attack.

Son Goku - GT They are simply naming this Goku "GT." He has the ability to transform into SSJ3 and has the move Dragon Fist.

Other Notes
- It says we will have the 5 on 5 free battle again.
Which one of these scans confirms that 5-on-5 battle is back? :?
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:59 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote: Which one of these scans confirms that 5-on-5 battle is back? :?
Not sure, I copied an pasted that from a guy who can read Japanese. Everytime there's a new scan he posts the summary of what it says on gamefaqs forums.

denitonis
Beyond Newbie

Post by denitonis » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:01 pm

Humpski wrote:1] Nail
2] King Cold
3] King Vegeta
4] Great Ape King Vegeta
5] Babidi
6] Spopovich
7] Goku (Early)
8] Goku (Mid)
9] Piccolo (Early)
10] Future Gohan
11] Super Saiyan Future Gohan
12] GT Kid Goku
13] SSJ GT Kid Goku (Assuming about this one)
14] SSJ3 GT Kid Goku
15] Nuova Shenron
Well if you count transformations than you are forgetting Goku SS (Mid) and you'd already be at 16.

Edit:
Actually there were also supposed to be 3 unique characters for the Meteor story this way it would already be 19 characters, which would leave only 6 spots for new characters.
Considering they mentioned 20 new characters without transformations that would be:
1] Nail
2] King Cold
3] King Vegeta
4] Babidi
5] Spopovich
6] Goku (Early)
7] Goku (Mid)
8] Piccolo (Early)
9] Future Gohan
10] GT Kid Goku
11] Nuova Shenron
12] Meteor Character 1
13] Meteor Character 2
14] Meteor Character 3

Also 6 spots left.
7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Quoting one is plagiarism.
Quoting many is research.

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:22 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:Score shirtless Tenshinhan is back, a minor detail but I've been missing that outfit since Budokai 1.
Where...? Did I miss something? I want his damn Buu arc outfit WITH the cape. He never takes the cape off, so I never why he lacked it in DBZB3.

Edit
Nevermind :lol:
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]