Madman DVDs, solution for EP 73/81

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Emiliow

Madman DVDs, solution for EP 73/81

Post by Emiliow » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:01 pm

I decided to make a thread about this question of mine, since no one probably saw it in the "Non-discussion worthy" topic.

In my collection I own the Madman R4 set for the original Dragon Ball anime. I have watched the entire set and I am mostly satisfied with it, however I prefer to watch the japanese version throughout which happens to cause a minor problem for episode 73 (dubtitles) and 81 (skipping). It's not a huge deal but I would like to watch these episodes without much hassle so I am thinking of buying the american Fortune Teller Baba Saga Set and just replace the discs from the Madman R4 set but I am unsure if those have the same issues. If that's the case then I might be better off buying the Blue Bricks Season 3 to support my collection.

So are anyone in the know about this issue? Would it be a solution to buy the american Fortune Teller Baba set or should I buy the Blue Brick set? Region locking is a non-issue as I watch everything on a region free DVD-player. :)

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Re: Madman DVDs, solution for EP 73/81

Post by Danfun64 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:58 pm

Apparently Madman is doing replacement discs, so you should ask them to send you them. If either of the discs you receive still have issues, than get the US Fortuneteller Baba set for those instances.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:25 am

Danfun64 wrote:Apparently Madman is doing replacement discs, so you should ask them to send you them. If either of the discs you receive still have issues, than get the US Fortuneteller Baba set for those instances.
I got these "replacement" discs, but it did not fix the Dubtitles issue.. only the episode that skips.

Emiliow

Post by Emiliow » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:38 am

Are the episodes alright on the american Saga DVDs or do they also have issues?

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:35 am

Emiliow wrote:Are the episodes alright on the american Saga DVDs or do they also have issues?
The episodes are alright on the American Saga DVDs. I honestly don't know why the Madman DVDs have this problem. If you want your collection to be consistent, import the American Fortuneteller Baba Saga DVD or if you just care about cost, import the Blue Brick.
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.