"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed May 03, 2017 4:22 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:We need Yamcha in the team to make it feel complete.

If Yamcha wins it I am sure every fan will be happy with it.

THIS
Dammit, we literally have a full old glories team now, he's the only one missing and it's a shame, could be a great swan song for the old cast, not counting Chiaotzu who barely did something relevant, we have Tien, Roshi, Goku, Krillin, Vegeta, Piccolo and Gohan, and expecially all human fighters in, guess who's missing? Yamcha

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed May 03, 2017 4:26 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
pacz360 wrote:

He can join as long as it not replacing somebody on the team.
Anthing else gonna be hardcore bitching from me.
It should just be 11 on each team. What would be the problem with adding 1 to each team since we already have 10.

My joke theory: some of the universes, one or maybe two, jobs and get eliminated before the tournament actually starts, but the Zenos got disappointed, and in order to fulfill the 80 fighters promise, every team get the opportunity to choose another ( or two) fighter

New member + each God of destruction of every universe and I'll officially declare this arc as my favourite ever

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed May 03, 2017 4:31 pm

Maybe they will Have 11 man battle Royale, probably because Zeno prefer seeing 88 over 80,I much rather see that than someone replaced
Last edited by The gr on Wed May 03, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly active on discord.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed May 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Chuquita wrote:Somehow I think it's entirely possible that Yamcha not only gets invited, but wins the tournament in some comedic way.
Mixed feelings about that. There's build up, but we already had the baseball episode and they played that card brilliantly.

I would rather that this Tournament remained serious until the very end more than anything.

The portrayal of Goku's character in this arc is being my favourite of the entire franchise, because Toriyama's Goku is coming to the surface like never before. For the first time he's being seen like the villain. The fact he never backed away no matter how much the others put the blame on him, challenged the other universes, casually talks with Zen-chan in front of everyone and he's facing Super-Heroes, who help him come out as the villain, is so cool! His last scene with C17 also sums up who he is.

I like to see Goku losing because it's a slap in shonen tropes, but in this arc I want him to beat everyone. :twisted:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed May 03, 2017 4:37 pm

The gr wrote:Maybe they will Have 11 man battle Royale, probably because Zeno prefer seeing 88 over 80,I much rather see that than someone replaced
Since this a Battle royale the higher number of fighters will only make it better.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed May 03, 2017 4:44 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
The gr wrote:Maybe they will Have 11 man battle Royale, probably because Zeno prefer seeing 88 over 80,I much rather see that than someone replaced
Since this a Battle royale the higher number of fighters will only make it better.
True, knowing zeno character he might make some changes just to sastify him, and I agree with having a higher number of People,it Will Make the battle royal more exciting, and it has to be Yamcha,I mean he has spin off and he's also know the Top and I'm sure the fandom want that Instead of someone replaced

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Wed May 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Only problem I have with Yamcha entering is because it increases the possibility of having a shit ending to the tournament with a gag win. This shit is for universal survival, it should have a serious finish and a serious payoff to the work the characters are putting in in these preparation episodes. Don't pull a U6 tournament on us again plz.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:51 pm

incarnati0n wrote:Only problem I have with Yamcha entering is because it increases the possibility of having a shit ending to the tournament with a gag win. This shit is for universal survival, it should have a serious finish and a serious payoff to the work the characters are putting in in these preparation episodes. Don't pull a U6 tournament on us again plz.
Same no need to repeat the same shit.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed May 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Right let's ignore roshi since he is also a source for gags,Goku didn't told everyone aside from #17, Piccolo and gohan the stakes, meaning #18, krillin or someone won't take this fight to seriously since Goku told them the prize is money instead of universal destruction

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed May 03, 2017 4:57 pm

incarnati0n wrote:Only problem I have with Yamcha entering is because it increases the possibility of having a shit ending to the tournament with a gag win. This shit is for universal survival, it should have a serious finish and a serious payoff to the work the characters are putting in in these preparation episodes. Don't pull a U6 tournament on us again plz.
Reminder the final match of the Champa tournament was Monaka Vs. Hit, not Goku/Hit like people remember. Even if it was just a joke battle of Hit pretending to lose.

Granted Yamcha is an actual fighter, but it does seem similar to Yajirobe or Mr. Satan, they could give him some unexpected moment of glory somehow towards the end of the tournament.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed May 03, 2017 4:59 pm

The gr wrote:Right let's ignore roshi since he is also a source for gags,Goku didn't told everyone aside from #17, Piccolo and gohan the stakes, meaning #18, krillin or someone won't take this fight to seriously since Goku told them the prize is money instead of universal destruction
Lol the best part is that 18 wants Krillin's prize too.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed May 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:It's obvious that the guy who will be replaced is Master Roshi. He will be replaced by good old Jackie Chun.
Where was Jackie chun during all this anyway?
They better not pull he has been training and is blue level now with him too
But Jackie has blue hair. He must be SSB level.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed May 03, 2017 5:02 pm

precita wrote:
Reminder the final match of the Champa tournament was Monaka Vs. Hit, not Goku/Hit like people remember. Even if it was just a joke battle of Hit pretending to lose.

Granted Yamcha is an actual fighter, but it does seem similar to Yajirobe or Mr. Satan, they could give him some unexpected moment of glory somehow towards the end of the tournament.
I wouldn't be angry if Yamcha distracted jiren with a spirit Ball and roshi with a Kamehameha then Goku blitz him leading goku and jiren a ring out, after the tough fight with jiren, roshi and Yamcha standing in the ring,u7 is declared the winner

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed May 03, 2017 5:04 pm

Yamcha's spirit ball took Kami by surprise in the last Dragonball tournament, so who knows.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed May 03, 2017 5:07 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Somehow I think it's entirely possible that Yamcha not only gets invited, but wins the tournament in some comedic way.
Mixed feelings about that. There's build up, but we already had the baseball episode and they played that card brilliantly.

I would rather that this Tournament remained serious until the very end more than anything.

The portrayal of Goku's character in this arc is being my favourite of the entire franchise, because Toriyama's Goku is coming to the surface like never before. For the first time he's being seen like the villain. The fact he never backed away no matter how much the others put the blame on him, challenged the other universes, casually talks with Zen-chan in front of everyone and he's facing Super-Heroes, who help him come out as the villain, is so cool! His last scene with C17 also sums up who he is.

I like to see Goku losing because it's a slap in shonen tropes, but in this arc I want him to beat everyone. :twisted:
Lol the "villain" defeating the heroes in the end in Goku winning the tournament. I don't care whether he wins or loses as long as it's entertaining and well written, but I won't deny that I too like the idea of Blood Knight "villain" Goku ending up winning. Him (and Vegeta) losing is quite predictable. With that said, I just as easily would enjoy somebody else winning. What makes Goku's portrayal in this saga even better for me is that his team is mostly comprised of former villains.
namekiansaiyan wrote:
pacz360 wrote:

He can join as long as it not replacing somebody on the team.
Anthing else gonna be hardcore bitching from me.
It should just be 11 on each team. What would be the problem with adding 1 to each team since we already have 10.
Because AT wanted 10? At least as far as we know. Of course if Yamcha does get added and we get 11 members, I'd have no problems with that.
Freeza9000 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
And this isn't troll. Monaka and Buu were front in center for the U7 v U6 poster. One was a joke and other didn't even fight.

Chances are, if someone is replaced, it's Buu or maybe Roshi (although now that I think about it, Roshi was said to get some shine). And, hate to say it, Piccolo could be in danger since almost all the stuff around him is training Gohan. Not fighting like the others.
I wouldn't really lose any sleep over other characters like Tenshinhan or Muten Roshi being replaced, but if the other fighters are gonna be replaced, may Toei be condemned.
I don't know. I may be apathetic towards a majority of U7's team (I only have any interest in Goku, Boo, Gohan, and Kuririn), but I think it'd be a big deal if any of them got replaced.
The gr wrote:
precita wrote:

I wouldn't be angry if Yamcha distracted jiren with a spirit Ball and roshi with a Kamehameha then Goku blitz him leading goku and jiren a ring out, after the tough fight with jiren, roshi and Yamcha standing in the ring,u7 is declared the winner
Now you're just making me crave a Turtle School vs. Jiren finale. Goku, Kuririn, Yamcha, and Roshi vs. Jiren would honestly be pretty epic imo. Sort of like a Goku + Gohan + Kuririn + Yajirobe vs. Vegeta kind of deal.

Either that or Yamcha vs. Jiren hype lol.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed May 03, 2017 5:16 pm

precita wrote:Yamcha's spirit ball took Kami by surprise in the last Dragonball tournament, so who knows.
Yamcha's balls takes everyone by surprise
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:34 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: The portrayal of Goku's character in this arc is being my favourite of the entire franchise, because Toriyama's Goku is coming to the surface like never before. For the first time he's being seen like the villain. The fact he never backed away no matter how much the others put the blame on him, challenged the other universes, casually talks with Zen-chan in front of everyone and he's facing Super-Heroes, who help him come out as the villain, is so cool! His last scene with C17 also sums up who he is.
Pretty much this tbh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnOMcxU ... e=youtu.be

I love how Goku just laughs at the idea of being called evil and calls it "interesting". I definitely could never see this as being his reaction in the DB or DBZ anime(Japanese or Funi dubs).

Such a difference from the "hope of the universe" we got back in the early Funi Dub of Z :D
Last edited by DHM211 on Wed May 03, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Wed May 03, 2017 5:43 pm

Ever since the "I will be a real hero" scene of Yamcha in episode 83 I had a feeling he may somehow get his opportunity to shine in this upcoming arc, when Toyotaro uploaded to Twitter that piece of art in the beginning of April I had a feeling he may hint that my assumption was right, now this? IF Yamcha will be included in the Tournament of Power I can see him sticking till the end of it and helping Universe 7 to survive in two possible scenarios: 1) He manages to survive ON HIS FEET with the few last fighters from each universe when the time's up; OR 2) There's a huge clash between the top guns of each universe, eventually Vegeta is thrown away and Goku thinks he's the only one left from his team while each other universe has 2 fighters in the ring, thus ensuring U7's demise, BUT THEN the smoke screen from Jiren's strongest attack clears and we find out Yamcha is still ON THE RING, laying defeated in his infamous post-Saibaman-jihad pose, making sure U7 won't be deleted just like all the others with 2 competitors on the ring while the time ends.

Just remember: I called it! :D

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Wed May 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Wauw, there's hope! I would be so fucking happy if Yamcha somehow ends up joining the team. Please, Toei/Toriyama, make it happen. :shock:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed May 03, 2017 5:57 pm

For the record I still don't think Yamcha will actually be included (I'd love to be proven wrong), but I'd laugh so hard if Yamcha's meme status on the internet somehow got him included.

On one of those recent character polls in Japan also had Yamcha ahead of characters like Tenshihhan and Cell, maybe 17 too from what I remember.