"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by dragonballhero » Thu May 04, 2017 10:12 pm

Wait, so which female Saiyan is which? All this talk is making me lost.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu May 04, 2017 10:13 pm

dragonballhero wrote:Wait, so which female Saiyan is which? All this talk is making me lost.
Based on what we have right now, Caulifla is the smug punk we saw last episode and Kale is the timid hulk in the opening.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:14 pm

dragonballhero wrote:Wait, so which female Saiyan is which? All this talk is making me lost.
Kale is the female ssj from the opening while cauli is the new female saiyan on the team so we're getting two female saiyans.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu May 04, 2017 10:20 pm

This is just getting confusing.

[spoiler]This indicates the same Saiyan as the opening, based on Herms' tweet

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/854889361963311104[/spoiler]

So what gives?

Toei are definitely getting what they want; people are definitely talking about the product. This is good.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu May 04, 2017 10:22 pm

shadowmaria wrote:This indicates the same Saiyan as the opening, based on Herms' tweet

So what gives?

Toei are definitely getting what they want; people are definitely talking about the product. This is good.
To be fair, in the tweet directly below that one, Herms says that's his take on the matter and that he could be wrong.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu May 04, 2017 10:38 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:This indicates the same Saiyan as the opening, based on Herms' tweet

So what gives?

To be fair, in the tweet directly below that one, Herms says that's his take on the matter and that he could be wrong.
True. I guess it does raise the question as to what other species we'll see in Universe 6. A Namekian would be great, to be honest. Adds an extra layer into Piccolo's conflicts.

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Thu May 04, 2017 10:58 pm

The scan never implied or suggested Cauliflowa and Fem-Broli are one in the same, that's just what Herms thought it was implying due to the juxtaposition of the visuals in that scan. Him and Geekdom were both deadset on them being the same character regardless.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Thu May 04, 2017 11:00 pm

Luke Groundwalker wrote:The scan never implied or suggested Cauliflowa and Fem-Broli are one in the same, that's just what Herms thought it was implying due to the juxtaposition of the visuals in that scan. Him and Geekdom were both deadset on them being the same character regardless.
Yes, they did. It said she already appeared in the opening.

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Thu May 04, 2017 11:02 pm

Totamo wrote:
Luke Groundwalker wrote:The scan never implied or suggested Cauliflowa and Fem-Broli are one in the same, that's just what Herms thought it was implying due to the juxtaposition of the visuals in that scan. Him and Geekdom were both deadset on them being the same character regardless.
Yes, they did. It said she already appeared in the opening.
It onyl says that a "female Saiyan has already appeared in the opening" it doesn't specify that the one pictured is the same as the one from the opening.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Thu May 04, 2017 11:17 pm

If they replace Buu with Yamcha......the punching bag of the fandom.... I'm logging out of kanzenshuu and unsubscribing to all dragon ball youtubers for a week because the flame of that rage....

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu May 04, 2017 11:25 pm

Totamo wrote:If they replace Buu with Yamcha......the punching bag of the fandom.... I'm logging out of kanzenshuu and unsubscribing to all dragon ball youtubers for a week because the flame of that rage....
I wouldn't have an issue with it. Buu technically has shown his stuff more recently than Yamcha.

Plus the below drawing by Toyble shows that Yamcha can look like a total badass in his current look in the current style.

I'm all for it. I wouldn't even be mad.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu May 04, 2017 11:29 pm

I see no problem with the show throwing curveballs and subverting audience expectations, if the show always played in a very straight manner it would end up boring at one point.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:33 pm

Totamo wrote:If they replace Buu with Yamcha......the punching bag of the fandom.... I'm logging out of kanzenshuu and unsubscribing to all dragon ball youtubers for a week because the flame of that rage....
You subscribe to db YouTubers?

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Thu May 04, 2017 11:46 pm

shadowmaria wrote: I wouldn't have an issue with it. Buu technically has shown his stuff more recently than Yamcha.
Same. Boo got his time to shine in the exhibition match meanwhile Yamcha hasn't contributed to a single fight thus far so I wouldn't get all bent out of shape about the change, plus I would love to see the Rogafufu-Ken return.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:50 pm

MainJPW wrote: Same. Boo got his time to shine in the exhibition match meanwhile Yamcha hasn't contributed to a single fight thus far so I wouldn't get all bent out of shape about the change, plus I would love to see the Rogafufu-Ken return.
And who wouldnt like Yamcha to fase Basil or Lavenda? Wolf vs Wolf matchups, maybe it helps Yamcha unlock some unknown power :D

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:55 pm

Hell no buu shouldn't be replaced at all. What does Yamaha offers despite being the fandom punching bag
While buu offers more variety especially with his fight with basil.
Just have yamcha be an extra team member and everyone's happy.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Fri May 05, 2017 1:05 am

perucho1990 wrote:
MainJPW wrote: Same. Boo got his time to shine in the exhibition match meanwhile Yamcha hasn't contributed to a single fight thus far so I wouldn't get all bent out of shape about the change, plus I would love to see the Rogafufu-Ken return.
And who wouldn't like Yamcha to face Basil or Lavenda? Wolf vs Wolf matchups, maybe it helps Yamcha unlock some unknown power :D
If this happens, I'd want TOEI to change the OP accordingly. Specifically that Yamcha would be attacking Bergamo in the OP with his Wolf Fang Fist. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN, TOEI!

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Fri May 05, 2017 1:31 am

So now we may get two female saiyans? Kale the timid from the opening and Caulifla the savage from last episode?

My god, following DB nowadays is a total experience, apart from watching it I mean. This is crazy, I don't know what to expect anymore and that's good. Yamcha yes or no? Two or one female saiyans? Who is Popo? My god..
Heno heno kappa!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri May 05, 2017 1:39 am

So cauliflowa is not the broly clone..
Weird they named her that then..

Kale sounds fun, now that should be the end of Saiyans on the team..

They better not pull Yamcha death pose vs suicide bomber again, that meme is terrible
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Fri May 05, 2017 2:04 am

I can see why people wouldn't mind Boo getting replaced, but to have the guy get shafted in a tournament yet again is just plain cruel.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi