"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The gr
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by The gr » Fri May 05, 2017 10:01 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/860663696908886016
Caulifla recruitment stuff in this episode along with the Yurin plot! Woohoo! Hopefully that means we'll get Kale next week or the week after.
Caulifa better show us That you don't need p transformation to kick ass rather she don't have access to as rather her base form is strong because I don't think a transformation won't look good for her,yay we're in the 2000
Mostly active on discord.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:02 pm

The gr wrote:I love krillin and roshi In This poster, they look so awesome Image
Well, the only disappointment is that Boo is fat yet again......
Though Krillin casually wielding his Kienzan brought a smile upon my face.

potat_lasaro

Post by potat_lasaro » Fri May 05, 2017 10:03 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/860663696908886016
Caulifla recruitment stuff in this episode along with the Yurin plot! Woohoo! Hopefully that means we'll get Kale next week or the week after.
Hoping for Kale to be teased at the end or something.
Are they officially two different characters? I've always believed there were two female Saiyans, but wasn't sure if this Kale was real and not just Caulifla during the early process....

Personally, I would rather have them as two separate characters.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri May 05, 2017 10:03 pm

Heh, i didn't even realize Buu was fat again. But I think it is fairly obvious that new thin form for him wouldn't be used over his iconic appearance.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:12 pm

I feel a bit bad for Tenshinhan, he will get completely overshadowed by Caulifla.

But somehow I'm glad the Yurin stuff will be kept short, because the whole thing seems very simple, Roshi flirts with her, then she wants to take revenge on the whole dojo..

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Fri May 05, 2017 10:16 pm

perucho1990 wrote:I feel a bit bad for Tenshinhan, he will get completely overshadowed by Caulifla.

But somehow I'm glad the Yurin stuff will be kept short, because the whole thing seems very simple, Roshi flirts with her, then she wants to take revenge on the whole dojo..
Well Tien isn't exacly the most charismatic character so i don't mind seeing other characters and other stories in this episode to keep it entertaining.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Fri May 05, 2017 10:25 pm

I'm glad that Cauli is most likely her own person and not fem broly. Everything about Cauli seems better than Kale to me. It'll only take one good episode with her to make her my favorite female character. If she gets a more normal looking SSJ that'd be great as well.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Fri May 05, 2017 10:37 pm

Komatsu Yuka is the seiyuu of Cauliflowa. Some of her performances which I remember that were good, Karui in Naruto Shippuuden, Scanty in Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt and Cure Passion in Fresh PreCure!. She's a fine seiyuu.

I look forward to who's going to voice Kale. It better be Hayashibara Megumi.

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Fri May 05, 2017 10:40 pm

Very much possible that Caulifla and Kale are the same person

Also cheers for 2000 pages
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri May 05, 2017 10:42 pm

PiccoloFan7289 wrote:I have been shaken to my very core about this announcement. I may even have mixed feelings about this. To think that we would see this story now continue "properly" after almost 20 years after Dragon Ball Z ended is just something I am having trouble processing. This has just blown my mind. What are some things you guys would like to see in this new series? Here's just a couple things off the top of my head.

1. For the new series to begin shortly after the Majin Buu Arc ends and lead into Battle of Gods and Revival of F throughout the show. I want to see the show cover Age 774 after the Majin Buu Arc to Age 784. That is the period of time the show needs to cover.
2. Let's talk about the structure of the show. I would like to see the show have Three Main Arcs with three majors villains just like Z with lots of short Minor Arcs between the Three Main Arcs.
3. The return of Future Trunks for one of the Major Arcs.
4. The return of Cell for maybe a Minor Arc.
5. The new series to give a massive power up to Piccolo so he can be on par with Goku and Vegeta and help them in the fights.
6. I don't expect our human fighters or Gohan to really do much fighting in the new series. They should get plenty of screen time though.
7. Have the five main fighters in the new series be Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Goten, and Trunks.
8. Lots of Roshi humor.
9. Have Tenshinhan make an appearance every once in a while and do something cool.
10. The birth of Pan and Bulla.
11. Beerus and Whis to be featured on the show some once the story gets past Battle of Gods.
12. For Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Goten, and Trunks to explore these other Universes.
13. Have the show be at least 150-200 episodes.

That's about all I can think of for now. My mind is about to explode from this news and I don't whether or not it's a good or bad thing. I watched this series on Toonami as a child, and now I'm watching new episodes as an adult. All I can say is WOW.........

Two years later, let's see how these predictions are holding up

1: So far so good.
2: We've only had one arc with a real "villain"; the rest were either rehashes of movies or playing games of the gods. But there definitely are tons of minor arcs, most of them being great.
3: Fuckin' hell...
4: Jury's still out on this one.
5: As of episode 88, it's almost certain
6: Strangely debunked, and I love that. The second half of the prediction: definitely. Tons of screen time and character development.
7: Goku and Vegeta, yes. Piccolo... we'll see. Trunks, if you're talking about Future Trunks. And Goten's arc was the best one yet, though I'm still not sure how to take him being a pink-haired omnicidal god.
8: Not enough Roshi, unfortunately.
9: As of episode 88, we're getting this in spades! And best of all— his shoulders got bigger.
10: Oh yes, and it's been better than we could've imagined.
11: For God's sake (no pun intended), we can't even have an episode without them at this point. Even if they do nothing but have a single 2 minute gag.
12: We might see this, actually.
13: Dragon Ball Super's selling so many toys and games, I wouldn't be surprised if Toei tried forcing it to go to 300 episodes. We're nearly 100 episodes in, and there is absolutely no sign of it slowing down.

So really a bang-up job there.

That Future Trunks came back, we got an Evil Goku, and we've seen multiple new Super Saiyan transformations beyond that of SSJ3 and SSJ4 in terms of power is what I think a lot of people from April 27, 2015 wouldn't have believed even if they did accept they'd hear of a new DB series the following day.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri May 05, 2017 10:45 pm

I really love Krillin and Piccolo there. I swear, Piccolo is the only one who can rock a cape in Dragonball. Krillin is looking confident, which I like. I obviously love the shot of Gohan too.

They seem to use that type of shot for boo constantly. They don't really know what to do with him.

17 and Roshi are looking fierce !

Goku is similar to the eye catch which was pretty good.

18 is eh.

Vegeta looks pretty bad.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Fri May 05, 2017 10:51 pm

I think this shot with the team is going to be at the end of the episode when they start showing the arena.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri May 05, 2017 10:58 pm

Damn that Krillin smile with kienzan, its the best shot in there.
That Gohan bang looks badass!
Roshi removing his glasses part II
18, Vegeta, Tien and Boo looks bad.
Piccolo looks swag.
17 looks like he's ready to murder someone.
Goku's pretty dang normal... weird, for a solo shot they could have made him smirk or something.
Now I really doubt someone's gonna get replaced with all the hype they're giving to those 10.

Hyped for Cauli's scouting episode with Roshi and Yurin the shaman.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri May 05, 2017 11:05 pm

I'm really relieved to know that the next episode will contain Cabba and Caulifla stuff. So the next one might not be entirely boring as I predicted, time to get back to be hyped as I was for episode 88! :)

Also, I do hope Toei continues to make two different plots going on at the same time. That's actually what should have been since the beginning, maybe the actual tournament would begin sooner and the chances of the episodes being boring would be minor.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:13 pm

The gr wrote:I love krillin and roshi In This poster, they look so awesome:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I'm probably not the only one that seeing Krillin in this remembered the iconic sound effect of his Kienzan lol
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:17 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
The gr wrote:I love krillin and roshi In This poster, they look so awesome Image
Shit looks good :thumbup:

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sat May 06, 2017 12:07 am

Lapislettuce wrote:I wonder how strong Tien is now,is he gonna be stronger than 18 ?
Probably not. I don't think so at least.
Lapislettuce wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:I feel a bit bad for Tenshinhan, he will get completely overshadowed by Caulifla.

Well Tien isn't exacly the most charismatic character so i don't mind seeing other characters and other stories in this episode to keep it entertaining.
Have to agree with this too. After the 22nd tournament, never cared about Tenshinhan has a character. I'm honestly more hyped for Goku vs. Zombie-Roshi and the possibility of Chaouzu and Goku interacting in the next episode than I am about Ten.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat May 06, 2017 12:43 am

An soke People say it would be cool if they change the roster now
Last edited by Kishido on Sat May 06, 2017 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

potat_lasaro

Post by potat_lasaro » Sat May 06, 2017 12:50 am

TheMathemagician wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:

Have to agree with this too. After the 22nd tournament, never cared about Tenshinhan has a character. I'm honestly more hyped for Goku vs. Zombie-Roshi and the possibility of Chaouzu and Goku interacting in the next episode than I am about Ten.
Personally, I feel as though Tenshinhan's character was fine up until the Saiyan arc. During the King Piccolo and 23rd TB arcs it at least showed how he changed from the assassin in training to who he was today, even begging for forgiveness from a man he hurt (can't remember if that was anime filler) and then willing to sacrifice his life to use the Mafuba. Then after he renounced his old ways permanently and defeated Mercenary Tao at the TB I felt his arc was finished.

Then he got killed off in the Saiyan arc and outside of a few shining moments he didn't stand out much (and this is coming from someone who has Tenshinhan as his favorite human). Hoping to at least see some good moments from Tenshinhan in this episode, perhaps have him look back at his own trainings and vow to be different than the Crane Hermit....

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat May 06, 2017 1:15 am

Toriyama still managed to give Tenshinhan shining moments when he held back Cell's second form and when he appeared in the Buu saga out of nowhere. Sure it's not much, but it's a lot more than he did with Yamcha or even Krillin in both arcs.

They could have largely written Tenshnhan off after he got wish back to life after the end of the Freeza saga, and simply never showed him again afterward. He has no real connection to the rest of the cast in terms of family and he's only loose friends with the others. Yamcha is a bigger friend of the family and Krillin so he was always around even in the Buu arc.