"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The gr
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by The gr » Sat May 06, 2017 5:31 pm

sintzu wrote:
The gr wrote:what happen if vegeta surpass Goku or made u7 win would that make you happy ?
It will but nothing can beat him sending Freeza back to hell.
You know this idea sounds cool, Beerus revive frieza ,then Vegeta erase him completely :lol: saying not falling for that,it would be so funny to see that,oh my we're in 2016 pages, this has to be the thread with the most Pages in kanzenshuu and probably in forum history
Last edited by The gr on Sat May 06, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mostly active on discord.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat May 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Lol at 17 being the least liked characters. Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean he the least liked character other wise no one would bother wondering what happen to or hope for his return.
Don't let bias be spoken as it fact.
Rank the 10 fighters on how much they are liked in the fanbase and 17 would be near the bottom end.
AGAIN this is YOUR OPINION ! god stop stating your opinions as facts it's quite toxic we get it you don't like 17 that doesn't mean other people don't.
You said earlier that you have seen positive feeback about 17 and I am saying what I have observed about the other characters is that they are more popular than 17.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sat May 06, 2017 5:37 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Rank the 10 fighters on how much they are liked in the fanbase and 17 would be near the bottom end.
AGAIN this is YOUR OPINION ! god stop stating your opinions as facts it's quite toxic we get it you don't like 17 that doesn't mean other people don't.
You said earlier that you have seen positive feeback about 17 and I am saying what I have observed about the other characters is that they are more popular than 17.
Yes i said that because it's true ! when the first poster of the team surfaced i've read only but postive feedback towards 17,and what are you trying to say by popularity ? we all know Goku and Vegeta are waaay more popular than the rest of the team and that Gohan comes 3rd place after them does that make Piccolo inferior in your eyes ? i'm sure it doesn't it's all opinion matter.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sat May 06, 2017 5:42 pm

If Freeza really does comeback, I will actually drop the show.

I have seen this idea in the fandom and if they actually use it, I will be enraged .

I am getting Goten Black flashbacks.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat May 06, 2017 5:50 pm

Totamo wrote:If Freeza really does comeback, I will actually drop the show.

I have seen this idea in the fandom and if they actually use it, I will be enraged .

I am getting Goten Black flashbacks.
I'm in the same boat, I hate bringing him back in RoF and he's my most despised character in the franchise for me.
If you're someone who didn't enjoys Frieza that would be an absolute nightmare. However I'm not too worried about it because I can't imagine they would do something like that.

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Sat May 06, 2017 5:52 pm

Not sure how I would feel about Frieza replacing someone from the team, but I disagree with the notion that he has to be redeemed by participating in the tournament, he could just behave well until there is like only 4 U7 guys left and everyone has their hands full and have Frieza try to backstab Goku and just have Vegeta grab his hand and pummel his ass out of the field.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat May 06, 2017 5:58 pm

I REALLY think it's fake, but if it turned out real I'd be willing to at least let the show make its case. They made evil Goku work.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat May 06, 2017 6:00 pm

How often do rumors like this turn out true? It's not like we have upcoming magazine scans or summaries or confirmation from a voice actor or writer, etc.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat May 06, 2017 6:00 pm

Totamo wrote:If Freeza really does comeback, I will actually drop the show.
And then come back next week?! That line is pretty common in anime/manga community.
People say they will drop x show if it does y, but they always come back for more. Usually people that drop shows don't play the if game, they just drop it.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sat May 06, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sat May 06, 2017 6:01 pm

sintzu wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:Either that or a third time Freeza gets to kill him. :P
Can't I dream in peace ? :cry:
Why not make it a reality? Bring Freeza back for Veggie to kill him after the tournament would honestly be pretty funny the way I envision it.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat May 06, 2017 6:03 pm

precita wrote:How often do rumors like this turn out true? It's not like we have upcoming magazine scans or summaries or confirmation from a voice actor or writer, etc.
A few times here and there, but most fake episode titles don't make the rounds around the internet. I'm surprised this one is making as much noise as it is, I mean it could be real, but considering it's a day or three too early for episode titles and Super titles usually come after a lot of other shows I honestly think this is fake.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat May 06, 2017 6:08 pm

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ball-super

Yuka Komatsu is the voice of Califla. I sadly only know her best as the Demon Scanty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXbJUH1B6b4

Anyway, she should be good in the role, from what I heard.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Sat May 06, 2017 6:11 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
This is dumb.

17 was written off the show so he's not as popular as characters thrown in your face constantly for 20 years, sure.

17 has always been popular considering how little screen time he actually had, that's why they brought him back for GT, gave him extended role in Heroes, and is now back into the main cast in Super.

Since his return in Super, the feedback has been really good for 17 (his looks, voice, personality and abilities), the only negative thing was "how he got so powerful", which isn't exactly linked to the character itself but Super's writing.

After 17 shines in this arc, he will definitely rank far higher than he did just based off Z.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat May 06, 2017 6:21 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
sintzu wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:Either that or a third time Freeza gets to kill him. :P
Can't I dream in peace ? :cry:
Why not make it a reality? Bring Freeza back for Veggie to kill him after the tournament would honestly be pretty funny the way I envision it.
That would be sad, freeza's reputation as the villan you should not mess with has already been tampered with rof, this suggested turn of events will just kill the character figuratively and literally..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sat May 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Slaythe wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: AGAIN this is YOUR OPINION ! god stop stating your opinions as facts it's quite toxic we get it you don't like 17 that doesn't mean other people don't.
This is dumb.

17 was written off the show so he's not as popular as characters thrown in your face constantly for 20 years, sure.

17 has always been popular considering how little screen time he actually had, that's why they brought him back for GT, gave him extended role in Heroes, and is now back into the main cast in Super.

Since his return in Super, the feedback has been really good for 17 (his looks, voice, personality and abilities), the only negative thing was "how he got so powerful", which isn't exactly linked to the character itself but Super's writing.

After 17 shines in this arc, he will definitely rank far higher than he did just based off Z.
PREACH ! this is everything i've been trying to say.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat May 06, 2017 7:06 pm

The thing is 17 was popular as a villain/antagonist, but we've never seen him as a good guy for whole episodes until like...the last two eps with him. 17 went a 20 year gap without appearances.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 06, 2017 7:07 pm

Slaythe wrote:17 was written off the show so he's not as popular as characters thrown in your face constantly for 20 years, sure.

Now if only other characters could get the same treatment as Android 17... Of course not, but instead we might get Freeza once again... :sick:
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:17 pm

kinisking wrote:I don't see why people would be so opposed with Freeza coming back as long as he's not going to be a villian. They'res so many different ways to write him as an ally. Why get mad at seeing him like 4 times, when we've seen Vegeta and piccolo much more times ?
Sorry but this is a serious comparison man? Vegeta and Piccolo are part of the main cast, Freeza not. That would not be the 4th time but the 8th! Yes I'm considering the TV Special, the lost OVA, fillers and GT because are all part of the animation so it counts as the times he came back in the franchise as a whole
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat May 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Would this be the 8th time?

1st time: Freeza on Namek
2nd time: Cyborg Freeza
3rd time: Pikkon knocking out Freeza in Hell
4th time: The "fake" Freeza in the Tuffles special from the videogame
5th time: Freeza in Movie 12 where Gohan kills him
6th time: GT appearance
7th time: Return of F and in Super

Also if you count the Bardock special as another appearance for him that makes 8.

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Sat May 06, 2017 7:24 pm

All this discussion over something that is clearly fake?