"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Cipher » Mon May 22, 2017 4:04 am

Can't wait to see more from my slut, Kale!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon May 22, 2017 5:01 am

Maybe after this arc it will be for the better that they don't introduce anymore female characters, ever since the introduction of Vados it's obvious the fan base can't handle themselves appropriately.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 22, 2017 5:09 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Maybe after this arc it will be for the better that they don't introduce anymore female characters, ever since the introduction of Vados it's obvious the fan base can't handle themselves appropriately.
"Can`t handle themselves appropriately"?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon May 22, 2017 5:13 am

Kanassa wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Maybe after this arc it will be for the better that they don't introduce anymore female characters, ever since the introduction of Vados it's obvious the fan base can't handle themselves appropriately.
Either I have a screw loose or you meant this in a.... X-rated way...

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 22, 2017 5:16 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
I'm not here to assume the skill of others in containing their love for their new favourite characters. :D

Though, seriously, the reaction to these female characters has been almost nothing but overwhelmingly positive. With the tree reactions being: "Ah, cool!", "They exist *Shrug*" and "WAIFU MATERIAL DETECTED!".

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon May 22, 2017 5:20 am

Kanassa wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Kanassa wrote: "Can`t handle themselves appropriately"?
I'm not here to assume the skill of others in containing their love for their new favourite characters. :D

Though, seriously, the reaction to these female characters has been almost nothing but overwhelmingly positive. With the tree reactions being: "Ah, cool!", "They exist *Shrug*" and "WAIFU MATERIAL DETECTED!".
Just to clear things up, I have no such feelings for Cauli... seriously. none...

With the exemption of Fem Broly from the start tho, everyone was losing their minds when she popped those LSSJ muscle body and eyes, but now almost everyone has a thing for her.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 22, 2017 5:25 am

SansrivaaL wrote: Just to clear things up, I have no such feelings for Cauli... seriously. none...
Welp, time to burn a witch...
With the exemption of Fem Broly from the start tho, everyone was losing their minds when she popped those LSSJ muscle body and eyes, but now almost everyone has a thing for her.
That was only when they got over the 'FUCKING BROLY!?' twitch

Kanassa wrote:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon May 22, 2017 7:26 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: On topic I don't understand how Cabba was universe 6's first super saiyan anyway. If it's THIS easy to get the form now, how has nobody gotten angry before? -_-
Either Vegeta was just that scary or Cabba's way too sensitive, or it could also mean that U6 is a peaceful place compared to U7.
You guys do realize that Vegeta was threatening to destroy his planet while beating him up right ?Cabba had no reason to think he wasn't serious. Cabba is an elite too.

I'm pretty sure saiyans saw loved ones die in front of them before but they never went super Saiyan like Goku. It's always been kind of bullshit.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon May 22, 2017 7:48 am

kinisking wrote:I'm pretty sure saiyans saw loved ones die in front of them before but they never went super Saiyan like Goku. It's always been kind of bullshit.
It was established in the Freeza arc that Goku was a special case in that regard with his pure of heart or whatever and why the likes of Vegeta could never get it, the SS transformation made all sense at that point... but from the Android arc onwards it lost all meaning, impact and sense.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon May 22, 2017 8:37 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote:I'm pretty sure saiyans saw loved ones die in front of them before but they never went super Saiyan like Goku. It's always been kind of bullshit.
It was established in the Freeza arc that Goku was a special case in that regard with his pure of heart or whatever and why the likes of Vegeta could never get it, the SS transformation made all sense at that point... but from the Android arc onwards it lost all meaning, impact and sense.
True stuff. Still, why didn't Goku go super Saiyan earlier ? How about Gohan ? He's the epitome of what a super Saiyan was told to be.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon May 22, 2017 8:38 am

U6 Saiyans are all good people, it makes no sense they never went SSJ. Did they never saw some of their friends die in front of them? Did they never rage so hard they achieved the form?
I could understand it being rare among U7 Saiyans which were few, weak and selfish but it doesn't make much sense there isn't even a legend among U6 Saiyans.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon May 22, 2017 8:50 am

kinisking wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
True stuff. Still, why didn't Goku go super Saiyan earlier ? How about Gohan ? He's the epitome of what a super Saiyan was told to be.
I guess Goku just wasn't pushed to the limit of unlocking SS, sure shit happened to him prior to the Freeza arc but the combination of actually seeing his best friend blow up with Goku also being helpless and knowing that Krillin won't come back again is what finally tipped him over.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon May 22, 2017 8:54 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: It was established in the Freeza arc that Goku was a special case in that regard with his pure of heart or whatever and why the likes of Vegeta could never get it, the SS transformation made all sense at that point... but from the Android arc onwards it lost all meaning, impact and sense.
I guess Goku just wasn't pushed to the limit of unlocking SS, sure shit happened to him prior to the Freeza arc but the combination of actually seeing his best friend blow up with Goku also being helpless and knowing that Krillin won't come back again is what finally tipped him over.
Then why didn't Gohan go super Saiyan when Piccolo died and Gohan was helpless ? I feel like that would've been just as big of an emotional moment. The SS thing was always pretty iffy. Especially the second Goten and Trunks transformed.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon May 22, 2017 9:11 am

kinisking wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote: True stuff. Still, why didn't Goku go super Saiyan earlier ? How about Gohan ? He's the epitome of what a super Saiyan was told to be.
Then why didn't Gohan go super Saiyan when Piccolo died and Gohan was helpless ? I feel like that would've been just as big of an emotional moment. The SS thing was always pretty iffy. Especially the second Goten and Trunks transformed.
I guess Piccolo and Gohan and didn't have a strong enough bond? Then again 16 and Gohan didn't and Gohan went SS2 when he died, so I don't know, this is why I don't like thinking too much in-verse when it comes to DB! Anyway SS got iffy for me the moment Vegeta got it.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon May 22, 2017 9:12 am

emperior wrote:U6 Saiyans are all good people, it makes no sense they never went SSJ. Did they never saw some of their friends die in front of them? Did they never rage so hard they achieved the form?
I could understand it being rare among U7 Saiyans which were few, weak and selfish but it doesn't make much sense there isn't even a legend among U6 Saiyans.
Being a good person doesn't mean you can be emotionally detached or you rage when something bad happens.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:38 am

alakazam^ wrote: I have no idea what's up with her, she seems to be somewhat smiling but unsure of something? She doesn't strike me as being timid, in Cauliflo's base she also seemed distrustful of Cabba.

Both of them are really interesting, I wonder if they'll react to Frost? Maybe they were hired by him sometimes.

She seems that she will be a yandere character.

Broly was also a yandere, in Kales case instead of Goku triggering her it will be Cabba.

About Frost, if Caulifla ends up with Cabba, Frost can have Kale. :)

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon May 22, 2017 9:43 am

perucho1990 wrote:
alakazam^ wrote: I have no idea what's up with her, she seems to be somewhat smiling but unsure of something? She doesn't strike me as being timid, in Cauliflo's base she also seemed distrustful of Cabba.

Both of them are really interesting, I wonder if they'll react to Frost? Maybe they were hired by him sometimes.

Broly was also a yandere, in Kales case instead of Goku triggering her it will be Cabba.

Broly's not a yandere. By definition, a yandere has to be in love with someone.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:02 am

TekTheNinja wrote: Broly's not a yandere. By definition, a yandere has to be in love with someone.
Well Broly had a different type of love toward Goku, the love of beating him up.

About U6 saiyans in general

Daishinkan said something with the words of "U7 and U6 are pairs, so their power rivals each other".

Frost already got a free powerup, so i guess that him, Cabbe, Caulifla and Kale(non LSSJ) will be in the same tier.

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Post by GigaDrill » Mon May 22, 2017 10:07 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

Broly's not a yandere. By definition, a yandere has to be in love with someone.
Are you implying that it wasn't love that Broly felt for Kaka Carrot Cake?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon May 22, 2017 10:12 am

GigaDrill wrote: Are you imply that it wasn't love that Broly felt for Kaka Carrot Cake?
It was more than love..
It was his intense desire to pound Goku.. in more than one ways...
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker