How come Kaioshin didn't stop Freeza himself?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jermyn

How come Kaioshin didn't stop Freeza himself?

Post by Jermyn » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:07 pm

In the Majin Buu saga, Kaioshin/Superme Kai told the Z warriors he could have easy defeated Freeza, so why didn't he? I mean he didn't want Buu to go rampaging through the universe but he let Freeza do it and didn't try to stop him at all.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:08 pm

Freeza wasn't big enough, I guess.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Phenomenol
Banned

Post by Phenomenol » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:21 pm

Because the Namek Saga would suck if Kaoiushin did stop Freeza himself.
"Wisdom is the principle thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding."

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:26 pm

Freeza was a tyrant, while Buu was an apocalyptic force whose only purpose was to destroy the universe. Freeza was perfectly happy being an iron-fisted dictator, and thus the universe as a whole wasn't in danger--oppressed, maybe, but not in danger of destruction.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

PaperSun

Post by PaperSun » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:50 pm

(Storyline answer): Freeza just wasn't that much of a threat to the universe as Buu was, so Kaioshin just ignored him.

(Real answer): Toriyama had no idea who Kaioshin was at that time :)
I'm caught in a dream, Sometimes it ain't what it seems....

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Re: How come Kaioshin didn't stop Freeza himself?

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:11 pm

Jermyn wrote:In the Majin Buu saga, Kaioshin/Superme Kai told the Z warriors he could have easy defeated Freeza, so why didn't he? I mean he didn't want Buu to go rampaging through the universe but he let Freeza do it and didn't try to stop him at all.
Well, you gotta keep in mind that Freeza wasn't an unrestrained all-out killing force like Buu. He and his family's empire, while obviously destroying considerable planets, opted to concur more than destroy. Also, East Kaioshin probably assumed that the Legendary Super Saiyan would soon arise and put an end to him anyhow, since the thousand year deadline was approaching. In the end, Kaioshin basically didn't wanna do what Trunks at first hesitates to do for Imecka in GT, violate the almighty Prime Directive...err wait, that's Star Trek! I mean...I suppose he didn't wanna interfere in the troubles of the natural universe that could actually be solved by its own citizens. Buu on the other hand wasn't natural, he was a magically created unstoppable force that posed an eradicative threat to both the physical universe and the Kaioshins. In that matter, if I remember right, East Shin and his kind were forced to battle Buu because he came to them.

Who knows, maybe Kaioshin had some cliched destined prophecy running in the back of his head like Vegeta that Freeza would fall at the hands of a Super Saiyan. Maybe something like "Smite down by the Legendary warrior of the Saiyan race, foreseen to lay dead at the feet of royal blood" :roll:
14 years later

king jro

Post by king jro » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:27 pm

Here are some reasons why
1. A.T. had not though of the Kaioshin yet.
2. He wanted to end it after Frieza
3. He knew Goku could beat Frieza.
4. No one know what he was doing between the time he first fought Buu,
and the time he is first show in DBZ, he could of had something else to do at the time.
5 Buu, was a threat to the whole Universe and Frieza really wasn't, Kioshin could of just sent some dead fight to kill him like Olibu.
6. The show would of been lame, and have no drama if A.T. just sent Kioshin to kill Frieza, there would be no drama.
Gluttony is the tastiest sin.

Untouchable

Post by Untouchable » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:29 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:"Smite down by the Legendary warrior of the Saiyan race, foreseen to lay dead at the feet of royal blood"
I like that...

Anyway...I'm not sure (storyline-wise) if it was ever mentioned, but did Kaioshin know that Buu was lying dormant in Earth at the time of the Freeza saga? Because if he didn't, then I just consider his absence in the Freeza saga to him scouring the universe for Buu's egg...

And if he did know of Buu's existence, MAYBE, he had gotten wind of Babidi's plan to revive Buu and was traversing the universe in search of him...I mean I don't know how a funny-looking, talking, dog-like, wizard ages, but I have to figure that he's already been born during the Freeza arc...right? I mean if he is Bibidi's son and Bibidi created Majin Buu thousands of years ago, something has to give....

OR, like many have already said, Freeza was probably small-time in the eyes of Kaioshin. I mean, he IS the top dog in the ladder of the universal government, so I figure it'd take something pretty big and extremely catastrophic on a universal level (Buu) for him to intervene anyway. If he gets involved everytime someone like Freeza, Garlic Jr. or Cell shows up, then what's the point in having the North, East, West, and South Kaio-sama's and even the Dai(?)Kaio-sama (the so-dubbed Grand Kai).

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:03 pm

I think that Kaioshin decided to use "divine intervention" when it involved something that even he couldn't overcome. With Freeza, he figured that he's such a large amount weaker, there was no need to deal with it.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:17 pm

Untouchable wrote:Anyway...I'm not sure (storyline-wise) if it was ever mentioned, but did Kaioshin know that Buu was lying dormant in Earth at the time of the Freeza saga? Because if he didn't, then I just consider his absence in the Freeza saga to him scouring the universe for Buu's egg...
He knew of it being on Earth since he killed Bibidi, at least according to the dub. Apparently he didn't wanna risk breaking the seal by attacking the ball, so he let it lay dormant on Earth "where no human could reach it".
14 years later

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:33 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:
Untouchable wrote:Anyway...I'm not sure (storyline-wise) if it was ever mentioned, but did Kaioshin know that Buu was lying dormant in Earth at the time of the Freeza saga? Because if he didn't, then I just consider his absence in the Freeza saga to him scouring the universe for Buu's egg...
He knew of it being on Earth since he killed Bibidi, at least according to the dub. Apparently he didn't wanna risk breaking the seal by attacking the ball, so he let it lay dormant on Earth "where no human could reach it".
The Japanese mentioned him killing Bibidi as well. Also It's likely he ignored that part of the universe mostly. Remember he got shocked at the fact Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta were stronger than him. Heck, I think if Piccolo didn't get shocked at realizing he was at the top of the god hierchy, he could've beaten him in the tournament.

Untouchable

Post by Untouchable » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:29 am

Super Sonic wrote:Remember he got shocked at the fact Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta were stronger than him.
That's a good point too, but he obviously knew about Freeza....so perhaps maybe Freeza's reputation far exceeded him....

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:12 am

Most likely to someone like Kaiohshin that is bascially watching over the entire universe, Freeza was more like a small-time mugger while Buu was an entire universe level threat.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:07 am

Kaioshin is the ultimate god. Such beings do not step in on matters like Freeza. Freeza was powerful, yes, but he wasn't a threat to the universe.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.