"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Terez » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:09 pm

Psykomatik wrote:
Terez wrote:Toshio Yoshitaka confirmed that he wrote 94. That's our first confirmation of anything in the leaks. (Thanks to Kagari for asking him.)
https://twitter.com/toshio916/status/866122210439827457
He already said it two weeks ago.
Well then.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:10 pm

Psykomatik wrote:
Terez wrote:Toshio Yoshitaka confirmed that he wrote 94. That's our first confirmation of anything in the leaks. (Thanks to Kagari for asking him.)
https://twitter.com/toshio916/status/866122210439827457
He already said it two weeks ago.
Well, I still have hope.

It would be amazing to see Freeza fight on the same Z- Fighters team

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Wow, people are more upset about Freeza being replaced by Yamcha than I thought they be.

IGhostUlt
Beyond Newbie

Post by IGhostUlt » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:40 pm

People get upset about anything nowadays. They don't know what they want.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:46 pm

IGhostUlt wrote:People get upset about anything nowadays. They don't know what they want.
Try taking into consideration grouping everyone as "people" dosen't mean everyone thinks the same..
They are upset because they know exactly what they want
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:48 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
precita wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:Well, I guess I need to stop thinking like a logical person, and more like an idiot. Because that's what you'd have to be in order for you to bring Yamcha on your team. So we ended up trading Buu for Yamcha? How the hell is that good. With there being so many jobbers they won't just "by pass" Yamcha. He will have to fight. Beerus should just disguise himself as Monaka, now that would be dope!
The difference is Buu is asleep and he's not waking up. I wanted Buu more than anyone, but it's just not going to happen.

Realistically they should be using Gotenks too, but they aren't. So power doesn't matter.
They cant use Gotenks because of the time limit, God knows what could happen if they defuse while the tournament is going on.
Gotenks is a fusion character. I would imagine fusion is against the rules.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:49 pm

I am disappointed with Yamcha's recent devaluation, and if he participated in the tournament almost all of the original 'Z-fighters' would be reunited.

But the possibilities of interaction with Freeza are much greater, and it would be unprecedented of to see him fight with Goku

Yamcha had some speeches in the previous episodes, but I do not know this would be enough to wear off both Toro Furuya, as he said on Twitter.
Would it be a confirmation?

Envy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Envy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:52 pm

Yamcha? He'll just be played up as a joke character as he has been blatantly so with his appearances in Super. I'm afraid I have to say Freeza would be more interesting.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:54 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Gotenks is a fusion character. I would imagine fusion is against the rules.
Even if it's not, they'd either have to take Goten and Trunks as themselves, leaving them down one person when they fused, or they'd take Gotenks and risk breaking the rules when he defused and left them with 11 people.
TheSaiyanGod wrote:and if he participated in the tournament almost all of the original 'Z-fighters' would be reunited.
That's partly why I'm disappointed by the idea. 12-14 episodes of recruitment only to get the old crew plus 17 and Piccolo as the only fighter who doesn't look like a human.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:54 pm

As soon as I understand the logic behind freezas actions I will be satisfied..
Its not like Yamcha was gonnna be left behind after all they did to show him sad and wanting to join..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:58 pm

precita wrote:I wonder if this is all last minute changes by the writers from whatever Toriyama's original plan was.
I don't think so since I would imagine that they had this idea since day one. Toei and Toriyama probably want to surprise us with a twist in the story. I like the idea of Toei doing something unexpected to happen despite the intro having the full team.
She/Her

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:19 pm

Envy wrote:Yamcha? He'll just be played up as a joke character as he has been blatantly so with his appearances in Super. I'm afraid I have to say Freeza would be more interesting.
I don't know if I live in a different world than other people but I honestly have yet to see Yamcha be played as a joke character. I've certainly seen the memes people come up with, but that's not Toriyama..
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:24 pm

If Krillin and Roshi heck even Tien are there why not Yamcha ? lol none of them made sense to be on the team from the start but they're still there. anyway Yamcha is obviously going to be there as the comedy guy,and i wonder how the hell the characters i mentioned are going to even survive all these fighters attacking them at once. but dbs never fails to surprise me.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:30 pm

Bare in mind, Furuya Tooru could be voicing Yamcha for a voice comic version of the Reborn as Yamcha comic. Hell, he could be doing a full-blown special for it. It's not necessarily a sure bet that Yamcha will be joining the Tournament of Power.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:33 pm

Someone please let my boy Yamcha be involved in this. His durability is above that of SS3 Goku. He can do something. I wouldn't doubt his power is beyond Krillin's at this point.
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:34 pm

So this was foreshadowing:

:lol:

Envy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Envy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:44 pm

DrakenballP wrote:
Envy wrote:Yamcha? He'll just be played up as a joke character as he has been blatantly so with his appearances in Super. I'm afraid I have to say Freeza would be more interesting.
I don't know if I live in a different world than other people but I honestly have yet to see Yamcha be played as a joke character. I've certainly seen the memes people come up with, but that's not Toriyama..
I just think that the Yamcha jokes feel forced.

But I guess that's just kind of Super's thing, isn't it? :lol:

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Envy wrote:
DrakenballP wrote:
I just think that the Yamcha jokes feel forced.

But I guess that's just kind of Super's thing, isn't it? :lol:
Hey, I honestly think Yamcha needs love and needs to have his strength shown. He needs to be made into someone. He is a great character and it's upsetting to see the most we get of Yamcha involves his Baseball career.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Yamcha is as bad as Muten Roshi. If Majin Buu doesn't return, where in the heck will they find a member? Aren't there really any strong fighter in the other 27 planets? Bring Tarble already and train him as fast as they can after performing the ritual on him; since movie villains can appear in the series these days, bring Janemba and ask Shenlong to give him intelligence; travel to the future and bring Trunks once again...
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:04 am

The teams would probably be like this:

U2 & U11
U3 & U10
U4 & U6

It would make sense for U4 and U6 to be together since we will probably see Freeza team up with Frost. Freeza also working with U4 makes since Beerus hates both Quitela and Freeza.
She/Her