"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Majin Jator » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:49 am

Xeztin wrote:Does anyone else see Freeza getting erased by Beerus so that he can't come back to life?
At this point he either get erased (by Beerus or Zeno), or become the God of Destruction of some other Universe. I would bet on the former because "evil" doesn't win in DB, but after the last arc I'm not so sure about how this will end.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:33 am

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
There is chance anyone could beat any opponent due to the way this tournament. There will many fights happening at once and people will be constantly getting tired and injured.

I do not want to see Piccolo vs any of the Saiyans as I would find that very boring. I want him to fight a Namekian from Universe 6 as one of his fights if Toriyama gives us one. I will not be happy if he doesn't as he would have given 3 Saiyans a Yardratian and a Frieza race guy. The last two places for Universe 6 need to be a Namekian and an Earthling.
The Earthlings just got revival, so why would they have any strong fighters? Also, the ongoing joke in the series is that humans are weak compared to every race in the known universe outside the outliers, who are crap compared to well-trained aliens even if they don't train.
Namekian is a must since they have everything else covered. Then maybe another unique race.

I think they should make someone like Pikkon as they did with Broly.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:35 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Namekian is a must since they have everything else covered. Then maybe another unique race.

Namekians aren't really a 'must', especially since they haven't even bothered to tease them so much. And Pikkon is just a filler character and Broly isn't in Super. Only his Super Saiyan form.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:47 am

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Namekians aren't really a 'must', especially since they haven't even bothered to tease them so much. And Pikkon is just a filler character and Broly isn't in Super. Only his Super Saiyan form.
3 Saiyans but no Namekian is not acceptable and they wouldn't tease every character anyway as there are 80 fighters in total. Only 6 days until we find out.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:49 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

3 Saiyans but no Namekian is not acceptable and they wouldn't tease every character anyway as there are 80 fighters in total. Only 6 days until we find out.
You very wells could be right. An individual that appears to be a Yardrat competing in the ToP definitely wasn't teased.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:41 am

I will be disappointed if we don't get a U6 Namekian. I also hope to see at least one earthling from U6.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:53 am

emperior wrote:I will be disappointed if we don't get a U6 Namekian. I also hope to see at least one earthling from U6.
It's female mercenary tao..
They better watch out coz that tongue ain't for French
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:36 am

Xeztin wrote:Does anyone else see Freeza getting erased by Beerus so that he can't come back to life?
They won't erase the most iconic villain of the franchise. They would just find another way to bring him back if they wanted anyway.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Power Metal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Power Metal » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:27 am

emperior wrote:I will be disappointed if we don't get a U6 Namekian. I also hope to see at least one earthling from U6.
I think I would prefer a Tuffle over an Earthling.
I do far more lurking than actual posting.

https://www.last.fm/user/AlexPowerMetal

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:39 am

Power Metal wrote:
I think I would prefer a Tuffle over an Earthling.
We can all agree with a Namekian though. I can't think of any reason why Toriyama wouldn't.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:07 pm

There are three members left, so a Namekuseijin, a Tsufurujin and a Yardrat filling it make everyone happy.

I don't see why Champa would invite someone from Earth though. They had the World War III and destroyed themselves, which means there isn't "a Goku" over there, it's just ordinary earthlings.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Please Toei and Toriyama! Give us a Namekian fighter. Outside of Piccolo, we haven't seen a single Namekian throughout Super's entire duration. I'm not counting Dende.

We have seen other Saiyans, another member of Freeza's race, hell we even see a Yardrat in the NEP!

Show some love to our Yoshis.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:32 pm

omaro34 wrote:Please Toei and Toriyama! Give us a Namekian fighter. Outside of Piccolo, we haven't seen a single Namekian throughout Super's entire duration. I'm not counting Dende.

We have seen other Saiyans, another member of Freeza's race, hell we even see a Yardrat in the NEP!

Show some love to our Yoshis.
This is what is annoying me currently. I am either going to be excited or mad after episode 96.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:34 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Yes, Ganma Burst flash attack is a new manga attack and it could great in the anime(could be better than the Final Flash used vs Cell).

One thing that would cause a massive shitstorm in the site is if Piccolo jobs to Caulifla. Toei has rebuilt Piccolo so much that he is now a perfect tool hype for whoever beats him.

And with the way Caulifla has been written so far(genius fighter, big potential, stronger than Cabba and Kale).
Why are you singling out Piccolo as the perfect tool hype? If anyone is to job considering how the recruitment episodes went, its Tenshinhan.

You best believe there would be a massive shitstorm if that happens, and I'll be leading the charge. I'll be so damn mad I'll take a hiatus from Super. But that won't happen.

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:55 pm

omaro34 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Yes, Ganma Burst flash attack is a new manga attack and it could great in the anime(could be better than the Final Flash used vs Cell).

One thing that would cause a massive shitstorm in the site is if Piccolo jobs to Caulifla. Toei has rebuilt Piccolo so much that he is now a perfect tool hype for whoever beats him.

And with the way Caulifla has been written so far(genius fighter, big potential, stronger than Cabba and Kale).
Why are you singling out Piccolo as the perfect tool hype? If anyone is to job considering how the recruitment episodes went, its Tenshinhan.

You best believe there would be a massive shitstorm if that happens, and I'll be leading the charge. I'll be so damn mad I'll take a hiatus from Super. But that won't happen.
perucho1990 has an obssession that Caulifla is going to beat Piccolo in the tournament. I have no clue why.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:56 pm

precita wrote:What the hell happened to Kibito? He hasn't been around in the last few episodes at all. I think the last we saw him was during the exhibition matches.
lol who cares? he's background fodder anyway. His highlight is embarrassing himself when he was trying to lift the Z sword after smack talking Gohan. Or getting one shotted by Dabura.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Beating Tenshinhan at this point means nothing, it wasnt shocking when Base Gohan 1 punched him because Roshi already fodderized him an episode ago.

Piccolo regained credibility due to sparring with Gohan and someone beating him would gain good hype.

If Caulifla jobs, it will be to a top tier(Brianne, Goku, Toppo, and the likes).

Lets guess the final Top 10:

Here are mine:
Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Kale
Jiren
Frost
Freeza
Brianne
Cabba
Ganos

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:04 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Beating Tenshinhan at this point means nothing, it wasnt shocking when Base Gohan 1 punched him because Roshi already fodderized him an episode ago.

Piccolo regained credibility due to sparring with Gohan and someone beating him would gain good hype.

If Caulifla jobs, it will be to a top tier(Brianne, Goku, Toppo, and the likes).

Lets guess the final Top 10:

Here are mine:
Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Kale
Jiren
Frost
Freeza
Brianne
Cabba
Ganos
Well it seems everybody outside of the Saiyans and Freeza from Universe 7 are eliminated based on your list. So again, why single out Piccolo? Krillin regained credibility in his recruitment episode, 17 gained huge credibility by sparring with Blue form Goku.

No hard feelings. but just admit it, you would like to see Piccolo get one shotted by Caulifla just because you want to see the reaction. Or perhaps there's another reason which namekiansaiyan pointed out to which elevates your obsession to see this happen.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:08 pm

Piccolo getting humiliated once again won't be satisfying, him actually getting to beat ass after so long will be refreshing
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Piccolo getting humiliated once again won't be satisfying, him actually getting to beat ass after so long will be refreshing
Buu being out because he fell asleep again is not satisfying either, and yet that's what we got.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.