"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:26 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: What are you on about? This is will be a *new* transformation, it's not exclusive to anyone prior. Goku got SS1,3 God first, no Saiyan should ever have gotten SS after the Freeza but here we are, you're right actually it's about time they stopped giving other transformations of Goku to others the only exclusive he has is SSGSSKK and that's not even a proper transformation! So yes Goku getting a new exclusive form is absolutely needed!
I bet Vegeta and Gohan get this form too, but not in this arc.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:27 am

AndyAvenue91 wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Well that settles who the team players/ones sticking to the plan are!
So it is okay to think that 18 will be the first warrior from Universe 7 to be pushed away from the ring, isnt it?

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:28 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
incarnati0n wrote:Guess we need to give Goku all the tranformations instead of keeping them exclusive to other characters. Actually surprised they didn't give Ikari to Goku as well. Can't have the other characters have anything that makes them special.
Were you not expecting this or something?
I was expecting them to try something that was actually original instead of a glorified ultimate form.

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:29 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: What are you on about? This is will be a *new* transformation, it's not exclusive to anyone prior. Goku got SS1,3 God first, no Saiyan should ever have gotten SS after the Freeza but here we are, you're right actually it's about time they stopped giving other transformations of Goku to others the only exclusive he has is SSGSSKK and that's not even a proper transformation! So yes Goku getting a new exclusive form is absolutely needed!
I bet Vegeta and Gohan get this form too.
Vegeta will get this form if Goku did not rely on kaioken to get his new form. Gohan , in other hand he said that he is not going to follow the same method for a ultimate never seen transformation. So I think no for both of them

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:35 am

aravinthan wrote: Vegeta will get this form if Goku did not rely on kaioken to get his new form. Gohan , in other hand he said that he is not going to follow the same method for a ultimate never seen transformation. So I think no for both of them
He said he's not going to follow the Super Saiyan path.
That "transformation that nobody has ever seen" could always be achieved by Goku first.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:39 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Gohan and Vegeta aren't supposed to get every transformation Goku gets, Goku is the lead after all.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:45 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Gohan and Vegeta aren't supposed to get every transformation Goku gets, Goku is the lead after all.
He's just saying that based on past history, it's likely to happen. Not that it has to. Although, if this is a super Saiyan transformation then Gohan probably won't get it.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:52 am

God, that poster!

If the new form looks like that I won't be mad at all. The hair does look different than SSJ's at least, reminds me of a Mohawk actually.
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:52 am

Gohan not getting blue or god was a good decision, he had ultimate and him getting those powerups would be counter productive from path he originally decided to go on, now it looks like Goku might be gaining something similar to mystic level 2..
Depending on the explanation, Gohan could get it eventually as well, he was aiming for an ultimate form nobody saw before
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:57 am

I like the image of the Z fighters a lot. The cyborgs will probably be fighting together too, but Goku, Vegeta and Freeza solo.
Heno heno kappa!

AndyAvenue91

Post by AndyAvenue91 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:07 am

aravinthan wrote:
AndyAvenue91 wrote: Well that settles who the team players/ones sticking to the plan are!
So it is okay to think that 18 will be the first warrior from Universe 7 to be pushed away from the ring, isnt it?
Bit too early to tell really. Based on what information we have at the minute I would have bet on 18 being first to go, but I seem to remember someone stating that Krillin, 17 and 18 would be using team attacks during the tournament. It is a free for all at the moment, quite exciting to be in a position where we don' know who will be out first!

Re Forms: I've got nothing against Goku's new form so far, it just reminds me of Ultimate/Mystic Gohan - looks like base but has a few changes to his hair (seems like its between his regular and Super Saiyan state to me). I also think it will be the mastered God Ki, but time will tell. Glad to see battle damage back, it always seemed weird that their clothes remained mostly intact throughout Super so far apart from Vegeta's nip slip in the FT arc.
Xbox GT: Andy Avenue
IG: andyavenue91

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:09 am

Seems like the poster says "The technique of the Gods has been completed"
It may really be the Kaio-Ken considering how much Goku has been spamming it recently.
It *could* actually be Toriyama's idea this time though, considering it's possible Goku mastered it in the year of gap between FT and US arcs and that would be why Goku was seeking for a challenge. Would also give some meaning to the fact Goku intended to master the Kaio-Ken back in Champa arc and also when he told Toppo he was going to surpass his limits.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:11 am

New form and/or kaioken? I'm good with that.

Also I'm impressed we're actually having shirtless Gokû return.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:17 am

Chuquita wrote:New form and/or kaioken? I'm good with that.

Also I'm impressed we're actually having shirtless Gokû return.
We don't know if it's kaioken..
We just know this much

"the technique of the gods ends/is perfected here"
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:24 am

aravinthan wrote:
AndyAvenue91 wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Well that settles who the team players/ones sticking to the plan are!
The only female fighter on the team getting knocked out first ? damn that sounds horrible but i won't be surprised if it happens, although if 18 has to be knocked out i'd like her to be knocked out by that scary bitch with red eyes and blue hair.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:26 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Dammit... Super has me by the balls yet again. I want to know more about this supposed new form for Goku. But at the same time... I don't. I want it to remain a mystery to make the moment all the more special when it actually happen. Like Future Trunks mutated raging SSJ form. The teaser image has me so super intrigued. No pun intended.
Isn't it great? What an exciting time to be a Dragon Ball fan!

Do you think Goku might repeat Bergamo's bargain fom the exhibition matches during the tourney? If he defeats the strongest warrior from a higher ranked universe (probably Jiren), Zeno will get rid of the erasure rule? It would be a great way to get the audience behind Goku and build tension for the main attraction.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:27 am

emperior wrote:Seems like the poster says "The technique of the Gods has been completed"
It may really be the Kaio-Ken considering how much Goku has been spamming it recently.
It *could* actually be Toriyama's idea this time though, considering it's possible Goku mastered it in the year of gap between FT and US arcs and that would be why Goku was seeking for a challenge. Would also give some meaning to the fact Goku intended to master the Kaio-Ken back in Champa arc and also when he told Toppo he was going to surpass his limits.
My interpretation would be that this is the endgame of the Super Saiyan God forms, a TRUE God form that isn't using Super Saiyan to use the power.
Also interestingly it looks like Goku has the Super Saiyan God muscles.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:33 am

Goku does look Skinner..
Something related to SSG could be correct but SSG is weaker than SSB so I don't know why they would go there

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:34 am

Goku looks badass in that poster!! I'm waiting for some battle damage in the Tournament.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:36 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Goku does look Skinner..
Something related to SSG could be correct but SSG is weaker than SSB so I don't know why they would go there
Like I said, not Super Saiyan God, but the endgame of the God Forms, a true God Form that doesn't use Super Saiyan.