"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:40 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Hopefully they can execute these ideas well like they did the Freeza thing, but I'm not too hot on these spoilers. The first episode was already a bad start to the tournament.

At this point I'm only invested with what they do with Goku's character arc.
:mrgreen:
You can quit being smug, I don't particularly care for the Kuririn part, the humans were useless from the beginning; as long as he gets a good fight, I'm fine. I'm talking about the Caulifla-SSB part and Kale.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Xeogran wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Also yay for My Boy Jiren for being the one beat a L/BSS. The Youtube Brolyfanboys are gonna be pissed.
Kale is not Broly anyway for me, a person who likes Broly, to care.
Her poor performance only means Broly will remain as the most respected LSSJ anyway so.

Her chances of being picked over Broly in FighterZ just got cucked too.

Your a reasonable human being and I respect that you can make logical distinctions between characters you like and dont even if they are similar.

But as someone who thinks Broly and Kale are cool.....but hates how overblown Broly and his transformations have gotten over the years, watching a LSS get curb stomped is something thats feels like its been a long time coming to me. Also I said Youtube fanboys, those people need to watch a LSS get their teeth kicked in, it will be good for them. Help curb that rabid fanboyisam a bit.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Akyon wrote:Well that was disappointing. For multiple reasons;

So Krillin was built up to fake out a sense of it being shocking when he's the first fighter out?
Not only that in doing so, we have a kind of crappy end to a genuinely decent character arc. Krillin gets his groove back and proves himself a tactical genius against Goku and Gohan to...get disqualified in the first few minutes by killing an opponent with his trademark move that never hits.
Krillin. The guy who Goku claims has better ki control than even himself. The guy who was entrusted to form a Spirit Bomb, the guy who was able to sense just how strong Perfect Cell was from being hit once and realised he had strength in spades...forgot that his Kienzan is a kill move?

And meanwhile Goku takes out all of Universe 9 without any help.
The idea of teamwork and being able to make use of weaker fighters with their skills to overcome tougher foes is deader than Gyum. And that actually saddens me more than the stuff with Krillin. Power is once again the only thing that matters; fuck tactics, special abilities and skills. It's all about power.

The recruitment episodes focus points really were a load of bullshit, huh?
It seems to me like you are having delusions of grandeur when it comes to Krillin. You sound a little too biased..

For starters, Goku doesn't take out U9 by himself. He has HELP. From what we know already it's him and Vegeta who take them out.

You're right about one thing. It's essentially about power. teamwork doesn't work if it's an overwhelmingly strong opponent. That's why Gohan and Piccolo need to be with Krillin, Tien and Roshi. If any of the humans were to go off on their own, they'd get completely stomped. Which seems to be what Krillin did. He left the bee hive to go save his wife. Essentially sacrificing himself.

Krillins episodes were just filler to prepare for the tournament. You can't really expect a guy who took 7 years off from fighting, briefly fought majin buu, retired AGAIN from fighting and recently started "lifting weights" to get back into shape to really stand a chance against people in a multi-universe brawl?

I know it says he gets disqualified, but I'm going to wait and see if he actually kills someone.

There's a difference between cutting someone in half and then dying and cutting someone up who can still move around like Majin Buu. For all we know the guy he kills is just faking death.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:48 pm

sintzu wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Toshio said he wrote a Vegeta fight in the Tournament, and that is an exciting battle.
Vegeta is Super's 2nd main character so we'll see him get multiple exciting battles. I think a Hit rematch is possible but I think someone will get in the way of it and Goku will take him down instead.
My money is on Toppo vs Hitto.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:52 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:I disagree. They teased it with them meeting in the teamworklolz moment, and Gohan was upset where his rustiness left him. I wasn't expecting a whole episode dedicated to it as it's not that important, but just a small moment that's quick. Also the thing with Goku and Bergamo is, Goku doesn't care....at all. So there's nothing to gain from it. It doesn't bother him.
I really don't believe they teased anything with Gohan and Lavender. They teased much more with Goku and Bergamo, despite Goku's flippant attitude.
He's immediately singled out by Lavender when they meet in the tournament, and after the botched team effort he suddenly doesn't care. He's like "This time I will crush you." So we're teased a rematch, and then he leaves randomly to go fight Goku. What happened to the whole group thing? Hell if I know..

With Bergamo Goku has absolutely no real care about him. It's just...another guy to beat. That's it. Nothing Bergamo did affected him. It's practically the same treatment as the Vegeta rivalry in how much Goku cares. "Let's settle this saiyan". "Cool let's fight ok." That's about as far as it goes.
I meant to say they teased more with Goku/Bergamo at the Zen Exhibition Match than they did with Gohan/Lavender. Also, Lavender doesn't single out Gohan when the tournament starts. Hes with other fighters from other universe and they all team up against the remaining Z-Fighters at the same time. There's no indication he's specifically targeting Gohan.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:54 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:My money is on Toppo vs Hitto.
It's a shame each character can't get 3 ring outs cause there's a lot of matches I'd like to see.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:57 pm

Again why are Krillin and even Piccolo so dumb using slicing and piercing instant killable moves?

It's like Hit using his instant kill punch in a tournament where it is banned?

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:59 pm

Kishido wrote:Again why are Krillin and even Piccolo so dumb using slicing and piercing instant killable moves?

I don't know about Piccolo but there must something that will happen to 18 which will trigger Krillin to use it.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:04 pm

sintzu wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Toshio said he wrote a Vegeta fight in the Tournament, and that is an exciting battle.
Vegeta is Super's 2nd main character so we'll see him get multiple exciting battles. I think a Hit rematch is possible but I think someone will get in the way of it and Goku will take him down instead.
I don't. I honestly only see (between Goku and Vegeta) only Vegeta fighting Hitto. Even then, I see Jiren defeating Hitto sometime down the line.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:05 pm

Man, there is so much shit happening, I think I'll just wait for the episodes before I decide if they suck or not.

But I will mention the 2 things that seem to be the big talk.

Krillin getting eliminated first- As long as he goes out in a blaze of glory then I'm fine with it. Though it will be a shame if he doesn't get a chance to pull off any of the crazy tricks and tactics they have been teasing from his recruitment episode. It would be a waste.

Caulifla Blue- As long as she doesn't actually get it then she can ask and train all she wants. Though If Goku is actually training her in the middle of all this then that's very dumb, especially after watching another universe get destroyed.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:06 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I really don't believe they teased anything with Gohan and Lavender. They teased much more with Goku and Bergamo, despite Goku's flippant attitude.
He's immediately singled out by Lavender when they meet in the tournament, and after the botched team effort he suddenly doesn't care. He's like "This time I will crush you." So we're teased a rematch, and then he leaves randomly to go fight Goku. What happened to the whole group thing? Hell if I know..

With Bergamo Goku has absolutely no real care about him. It's just...another guy to beat. That's it. Nothing Bergamo did affected him. It's practically the same treatment as the Vegeta rivalry in how much Goku cares. "Let's settle this saiyan". "Cool let's fight ok." That's about as far as it goes.
I meant to say they teased more with Goku/Bergamo at the Zen Exhibition Match than they did with Gohan/Lavender. Also, Lavender doesn't single out Gohan when the tournament starts. Hes with other fighters from other universe and they all team up against the remaining Z-Fighters at the same time. There's no indication he's specifically targeting Gohan.
He literally says he's coming for Gohan when they interact. He says he wants to fight him in a rematch essentially. Then suddenly he disappears and that claim never happens it looks like. Gohan and Lavender had an ending where neither won, so they never really settled things. They have a reason to fight again and have a real winner now (Even if Gohan may as well have won back then).

Bergamo was nothing but Goku's toy. A joke. They hardly have anything to gain from a rematch. Gohan and Lavender can settle their tie, as well as Gohan showing how far he's come since their bout. Avenge his rustiness he was ashamed of. From foolsihly being poisoned, to now being a more hardened warrior. Goku has nothing to really gain with fighting Bergamo. He has no real character attachment since he doesn't care about any of the stuff he did.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Kishido wrote:Again why are Krillin and even Piccolo so dumb using slicing and piercing instant killable moves?

I don't know about Piccolo but there must something that will happen to 18 which will trigger Krillin to use it.
He used it last episode already

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:08 pm

[spoiler]Kuririn is such an idiot. Why was he using the kienzan anyways? Looks like that got him disqualified.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Sodhi on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:08 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:Jeez if taking it this bad I'd hate to see people's reactions when Gohan gets eliminated...
You mean "IF he gets eliminated" which he won't cuz Gohan's the best :P

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:08 pm

Man, now I'm scared shitless what they will do with Piccolo. There's no hype for him in this tournament at all.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:09 pm

18 will be fine. The spoilers say that Krillin is first to get eliminated.

I hope that means she'll team up with 17 and wreck some asses in a revenge counterattack.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:10 pm

It's due to that strange power Vegeta can never surpass Goku as acknowledge by himself..
It's called plooooot..

Sucks..
What sucks even more is Krillin already used it last episode and it didn't do shit
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:11 pm

Man what a crazy day for spoilers can barely get work done....
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:12 pm

omaro34 wrote:Man what a crazy day for spoilers can barely get work done....
Spoilers hit you that hard huh... cant blame yah, I cant sleep because of those spoilers and what could happen.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:13 pm

Xeogran wrote:18 will be fine. The spoilers say that Krillin is first to get eliminated.

I hope that means she'll team up with 17 and wreck some asses in a revenge counterattack.
So..
Not to bring old news but where is my Krillin 18 tag team?
If even it happens is it really going to be a tag team just so Krillin us knocked out in a minute or two? Because that's the pace the episode say it's going at as of now..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker