Why bother hyping up... [SPOILERS]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krillin1994
Regular

Re: Why Hype up Kale to have her eliminated within 4 episodes?

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:40 pm

Asura wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
Asura wrote:This is getting ridiculous. Can you assholes please post all your spoilers in a spoiler thread instead of posting it here with the spoiler in the title? Not cool.

I'm getting rather sick of this shit happening again and again and It'd be nice if the moderators can delete these threads and direct them to a spoiler thread.
Obviously wasn't intentional man. No need to be this upset, they were careless but not assholes.
I'm not going to keep remaining calm when I see spoilers over and over and over again. It's really lame, and I don't care whether it was by accident or on purpose, it's just really lame and inconsiderate. It shouldn't take a genius to realize you shouldn't be putting spoilers in your thread topics.

And maybe it's my fault as well for not speaking up on this sooner when things were spoiled every other time (the most recent example I believe was Frost and Freeza's scheming and working together, and then before that Buu falling asleep, and well basically every single time something big is about to happen there's always at least one person posting about it with the spoiler in the thread title. This goes back to the FT arc even)
Kaboom wrote:Agreed with Asura's sentiment, if not his brusqueness. I'll see about maybe creating a central thread for spoilers discussion or something. But until that happens, at least keep the title of a thread spoiler-free with a courtesy spoiler warning. I've changed this thread's title accordingly.
Ah, I went ahead and created a central thread before I saw your post, I apologize if that's not cool to do yet if you were planning something else.
Yeah clearly not intended to cause offense, no need to call me an asshole though dude.

Plus I mean this stuff appears in the general discussion thread anyway. I feel that coming on here people come across spoilers.

But in future yeah I'll make sure to give a spoiler warning

Vados_chan
Banned

Re: Why bother hyping up... [SPOILERS]

Post by Vados_chan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Kale got all the promotion but Caulifa is the one who ends up being some special Mary Sue

And now Kale's gonna end up losing to that awful Jiren

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:46 pm

Vados_chan wrote:Kale got all the promotion but Caulifa is the one who ends up being some special Mary Sue

And now Kale's gonna end up losing to that awful Jiren
Ayylmao rules!

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:48 pm

I'm not surprised someone named "Krillin 1994" started a thread about hyping up characters. You can't really expect people to take you seriously with such a biased username. :lolno:

I get your post isnt necessarily about Krillin, but I think this should've waited about a week before being posted.

As far as Kale goes. Someone mentioned that she was hyped up because she will be featured in future arcs. This isn't the last time we see these fighters in action, regardless of what the situation is on the show.
Last edited by TheOne on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:52 pm

TheOne wrote:I'm not surprised someone named "Krillin 1994" started a thread about hyping up characters. You can't really expect people to take you seriously with such a biased username. :lolno:
I like Krillin but I mean my username has nothing to do with this, I was krillin on Arlong park forums so I wanted to be Krillin on here too.

You don't see me making threads about why my boy krillin is getting screwed. I was just making a discussion for the episode 100 spoilers.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:
TheOne wrote:I'm not surprised someone named "Krillin 1994" started a thread about hyping up characters. You can't really expect people to take you seriously with such a biased username. :lolno:
I like Krillin but I mean my username has nothing to do with this, I was krillin on Arlong park forums so I wanted to be Krillin on here too.

You don't see me making threads about why my boy krillin is getting screwed. I was just making a discussion for the episode 100 spoilers.
I finished editing the post to include my thoughts on Kale as well

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:59 pm

TheOne wrote:
Krillin1994 wrote:

Yeah saw that about future usage, I would like if she appeared later on with the look of the toriyama drawing of her, Plus it doesn't say she is ringed out, maybe she gets knocked out of her rage form and is unconscious for a while.

Plus she may get a lot of crowd clearing occur in her episode/ get a good fight in with Goku.

Thinking of it, it would be funny if in her rage she KOs Caulifla unintentionally.

We can't know for sure she'll get future arc usage. Could be a classic tori troll if he plays this out as its been stated and everyone gets killed.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:09 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Krillin1994 wrote:

Yeah saw that about future usage, I would like if she appeared later on with the look of the toriyama drawing of her, Plus it doesn't say she is ringed out, maybe she gets knocked out of her rage form and is unconscious for a while.

Plus she may get a lot of crowd clearing occur in her episode/ get a good fight in with Goku.

Thinking of it, it would be funny if in her rage she KOs Caulifla unintentionally.

We can't know for sure she'll get future arc usage. Could be a classic tori troll if he plays this out as its been stated and everyone gets killed.
I remember seeing one of Toeis animators a little while back posting a photo of Goku and Caulifla together sorta implying that he might take her under his wing at some point. Do you remember that?

To me I took it as a sign that U6 Saiyans will probably be featured in future arcs.

And if she does ring out Caulifla, I think that'd be grounds for her wanting to control her powers. Who better than U7 Saiyans?

You're right though. Everything here is too unpredictable, so I probably shouldn't make assumptions.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:12 pm

TheOne wrote:
Krillin1994 wrote:Yeah saw that about future usage, I would like if she appeared later on with the look of the toriyama drawing of her, Plus it doesn't say she is ringed out, maybe she gets knocked out of her rage form and is unconscious for a while.

I remember seeing one of Toeis animators a little while back posting a photo of Goku and Caulifla together sorta implying that he might take her under his wing at some point. Do you remember that?
It was a cool picture. Here's an attempt at coloring it I like.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:22 pm

Simere wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Krillin1994 wrote:Yeah saw that about future usage, I would like if she appeared later on with the look of the toriyama drawing of her, Plus it doesn't say she is ringed out, maybe she gets knocked out of her rage form and is unconscious for a while.

It looks like an angry teen mad that her pops won't let her go out to a party. Real talk, I do like the picture, and I have no problem with Goku and Cauli interacting more.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:25 pm

My own personal beef is that they've actually managed to take the concept of Broly and make it worse.

SaiyanSoul

Post by SaiyanSoul » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:53 pm

I mean lets be real, who here actually thought Kale was stronger than Jiren? Kale is probably gonna wreck everyone and Jiren who is leagues above her (someone who doesn't know how to control her own power) is obviously going to make quick work of her to show everyone in the tournament that he is a force to be dealt with.
PSN Tag: FalconDeathPunch

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:21 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Simere wrote:
TheOne wrote:
It looks like an angry teen mad that her pops won't let her go out to a party. Real talk, I do like the picture, and I have no problem with Goku and Cauli interacting more.
I think it was intentional that Toriyama made her look a little like Gine (Goku's mom) I feel like her and Goku will have something going on later down the road (I dont mean that in a romantic way, the guy already has a wife, I mean in a student/teacher/senior/master/big bro type of way)

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:46 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Simere wrote:
I think it was intentional that Toriyama made her look a little like Gine (Goku's mom) I feel like her and Goku will have something going on later down the road (I dont mean that in a romantic way, the guy already has a wife, I mean in a student/teacher/senior/master/big bro type of way)
Agreed. That's how I took it as well. So I personally think it's safe to assume we wil be seeing more of them down the road. So kales knock out isn't the end of the world.

I'm actually looking forward to Kale eventually learning control. It'll be a step up from dealing with a berserk Broly figure.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:05 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Simere wrote:
I wouldn't mind Cauli growing to respect Goku and seek him out as her senpai or even just an older brother figure. It probably was intentional that she looks like Goku's mom.
TheOne wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: It looks like an angry teen mad that her pops won't let her go out to a party. Real talk, I do like the picture, and I have no problem with Goku and Cauli interacting more.
Agreed. That's how I took it as well. So I personally think it's safe to assume we wil be seeing more of them down the road. So kales knock out isn't the end of the world.

I'm actually looking forward to Kale eventually learning control. It'll be a step up from dealing with a berserk Broly figure.
Agreed. If/once Kale learns to control her new form she will be a better developed character.

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: It looks like an angry teen mad that her pops won't let her go out to a party. Real talk, I do like the picture, and I have no problem with Goku and Cauli interacting more.
I wouldn't mind Cauli growing to respect Goku and seek him out as her senpai or even just an older brother figure. It probably was intentional that she looks like Goku's mom.
TheOne wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: I think it was intentional that Toriyama made her look a little like Gine (Goku's mom) I feel like her and Goku will have something going on later down the road (I dont mean that in a romantic way, the guy already has a wife, I mean in a student/teacher/senior/master/big bro type of way)

Agreed. If/once Kale learns to control her new form she will be a better developed character.
It looks like she ain't gonna get a chance to control it. Also, tell that to Jiren.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:28 pm

All Kale's build up is just so Jiren can have a L/B SS to curb stomp.

Broly's creator must have had a heart attack when he found out that not only would his creation swapped gender for super and LSS was getting down graded to BSS but was also just fodder for the real Ultimate Warrior.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:32 pm

Snakeway Skywalker wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: I think it was intentional that Toriyama made her look a little like Gine (Goku's mom) I feel like her and Goku will have something going on later down the road (I dont mean that in a romantic way, the guy already has a wife, I mean in a student/teacher/senior/master/big bro type of way)
TheOne wrote:

It looks like she ain't gonna get a chance to control it. Also, tell that to Jiren.
We are talking about future arcs. Not this tournament. It's pretty transparent that they have plans for the U6 saiyans down the road.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:37 pm

Why can't she be eliminated quick?

Why does the series have to be so predictable that you expect these people to go the distance just because they had screen time beforehand.

Is it not interesting to expect one thing and then get the opposite as a surprise twist? Wouldn't it have been a surprise after all that build up and her attitude that Caulifla was the first one to be knocked out the ring? You'd never know what was going to happen at that point.

It'd be boring if the last fighters are all the ones you expect, Goku, Jiren, Vegeta, Frieza, Hit, Kale etc. That's no fun.

I already predicted that Universe 9 was gonna be the first out because they already lost in the Zen Exhibition and that's exactly what's going to happen so that's not interesting to me at all really.

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:39 pm

Losing to Jiren doesn't mean that Kale will be out for the tournament, if Jiren punch her and she is still in the ring, she can still come back.