"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:24 am

Jigurashi wrote:
precita wrote:Gohan's probably going to make it to the end over Freeza. The new ending also wouldn't close on a Goku/Gohan scene for nothing.

Freeza will probably do something dumb to get himself disqualified toward the end.
Gohan outlasting Freeza is likely, but using the ED isn't all that good of an argument.
I don't know, the endings have gotten progressively more relevant as the series went on. I seriously doubt they decided to make an ending with Goku and Gohan fighting alongside each other and then stop with a shot of them to to end it with out of the blue. There's also so much more Gohan promotion than Super has ever had...so....

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:37 am

precita wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
precita wrote:Gohan's probably going to make it to the end over Freeza. The new ending also wouldn't close on a Goku/Gohan scene for nothing.

Freeza will probably do something dumb to get himself disqualified toward the end.
Gohan outlasting Freeza is likely, but using the ED isn't all that good of an argument.
I don't know, the endings have gotten progressively more relevant as the series went on. I seriously doubt they decided to make an ending with Goku and Gohan fighting alongside each other and then stop with a shot of them to to end it with out of the blue. There's also so much more Gohan promotion than Super has ever had...so....
The ED was weird in a way, the same ED with boogie back had Boo in there sleeping which ended up being true, while the current ED has Gohan with Goku side by side indeed but did you notice one big difference between them? Gohan was clean af while Goku was banged up... I can take that in 2 ways, either he got thrown out fast because he was still in clean shape or Gohan surpassed Goku, I tend to go with the prior, aint no way Gohan's getting through all of this without getting banged up.

Zeno's button

Post by Zeno's button » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:14 am

Krillin1994 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Yeah, whoever has the most players in the ring after the time limit is the winner, or if a single person is left in the ring then that player's universe wins even if there is time left.
Then on what basis is universe 9 destroyed?
Couldn't a scenario arise where nobody is left on the ring..
That should result in a tie or are they saying if that happens every universe gets a dick up their ass
The only way it will be an 8 way tie is if every final member of each universe gets knocked out of the ring at the same time
Or every universe has the same amount of members on the ring when the time is up. I can imagine having something like a 4-way tie with two members of each universe on the ring and then Zeno deciding he wants play-offs.

AndyAvenue91

Post by AndyAvenue91 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:23 am

SansrivaaL wrote:The ED was weird in a way, the same ED with boogie back had Boo in there sleeping which ended up being true, while the current ED has Gohan with Goku side by side indeed but did you notice one big difference between them? Gohan was clean af while Goku was banged up... I can take that in 2 ways, either he got thrown out fast because he was still in clean shape or Gohan surpassed Goku, I tend to go with the prior, aint no way Gohan's getting through all of this without getting banged up.
Just playing the devil's advocate here, but maybe Gohan's teamwork strategy serves him well and he doesn't get that much of a beating? Honestly I think it's just the ED being dramatic/symbolic regarding battle damage, Goku is the only one with any kind of damage and it has the rest of the team stood behind him, further pushing that teamwork message (that half of U7 is ignoring in the tournament!) I would definitely say it hints at Gohan lasting the duration though, Gohan and Frieza are the most likely candidates, maybe Vegeta too?

Personally I am fine if it's Goku and Frieza who make it to the end, it'll be an interesting match up and Frieza is that much of a wild card that it could totally end up as a three way brawl rather than 2v1 against Jiren.

Krillin being the first to go is a bummer, but if it was due to an accidental disqualification and he gets some decent action beforehand then it's not as bad as him having his ass handed to him, it'll all depend how its handled. Honestly would rather Roshi or Tien be the first to go from U7, but hey ho.

Regarding Kale, I really hope she is just incapacitated by Jiren and gets a second chance to fight. It seemed too obvious for the Grand Priest saying that you have to be thrown out to be eliminated for it not to happen to somebody. I am not a Broly fan at all but if they insist on doing an alternative LSSJ then I would want them to at least attempt to make her as uncontrollable and OP as Broly was supposed to be.
Totamo wrote:I don't think anyone here can honestly predict whats going to happen anymore.

Its both exciting and scary.
Agreed, it's probably the most excited I have been about Dragon Ball since watching Z as a kid!
Xbox GT: Andy Avenue
IG: andyavenue91

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:29 am

What I liked most about the Goku/Gohan shot is it looked like they were fighting in a barren wasteland. Would be cool if some of the final matches in the tournament don't take place on the stage but in some different areas.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:54 am

I am advocating for the arc not being only a tournament, either this stretches out to a different setting or next arc is immediately started with a beefy bridge between them..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:09 am

Krillin looking serious here..
Makes me curious if they will execute his disqualification as a joke or serious issue
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:32 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Krillin looking serious here..
Makes me curious if they will execute his disqualification as a joke or serious issue
Jeez it's like Krillin only has two attacks now. Lol

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:52 am

Big Black Saiyan wrote:
He has the scattershot which he only used once and the kamehameha

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:01 am

Totamo wrote:
Big Black Saiyan wrote:
He has the scattershot which he only used once and the kamehameha
He used scattershot in ROF arc.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:56 am

I guess this kinda adds more fuel to the whole Krillin killing somebody theory though nothing's been confirmed so far.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:26 am

I wonder why Krillin is so pissed while launching that attack..
Did toppo pull a roshi on 18 or something

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:20 am

My guess is that Krillin saw someone no-sell his Kienzan, and in frustration, adding on top of the fact that Android 18 was in trouble, he had a rush of blood and wildly threw a Kienzan in whatever fucking direction and inadvertently killed someone. That's my take on it.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:14 am

I believe someone will give 18 a good beating, and the only way for Krillin to save his wife will be to launch a Kienzan.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:26 am

He probably underestimates himself a bit as well thinking everyone must be so ridiculously powerful.

I'm really hoping he cuts someone clean in half and he just gives a stunned/shocked look of horror.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:50 am

Isn't this supposed to be in spoiler MEGAthread??

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:58 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:He probably underestimates himself a bit as well thinking everyone must be so ridiculously powerful.

I'm really hoping he cuts someone clean in half and he just gives a stunned/shocked look of horror.
Ironically, we all expected Freeza to kill someone in the ToP and Vegeta to kill Freeza but kirllin killing someone was totally unexpected, even for Kirllin himself

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:00 am

aravinthan wrote:Isn't this supposed to be in spoiler MEGAthread??
Isn't what supposed to be in spoiler MEGAthread?
This is the big daddy thread for spoiler discussions

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:03 am

The leaked screenshots are discussed on a weekly basis in this thread...

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:09 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Isn't what supposed to be in spoiler MEGAthread?
This is the big daddy thread for spoiler discussions
Apologies for the double post

I believe they're referring to this thread; viewtopic.php?f=25&t=39157, which despite the fact that week in and week out, we're discussing spoilers, leaks, rumours, and announcements in this very thread.